David Warner the mastermind

Facts bending to protect Saint Smith's battered reputation.

Does anyone really believe that the Warner could have convinced an idiot to tamper with the ball without getting a full buy-in from captain, coach, and other players in a cramped room?

Was Warner also responsible for Smith's brain fade in India?

These guys have been playing dirty under Smith and Lehmann and finally all hell has broken loose because of damning video evidence.

Edited by GolGappe
2 hours ago, GolGappe said:

Facts bending to protect Saint Smith's battered reputation.

Does anyone really believe that the Warner could have convinced an idiot to tamper with the ball without getting a full buy-in from captain, coach, and other players in a cramped room?

Was Warner also responsible for Smith's brain fade in India?

These guys have been playing dirty under Smith and Lehmann and finally all hell has broken loose because of damning video evidence.

Warner is 32-33, so he is expendable. They will throw him under the bus to soften the impact for the much younger, much more reliable Smith. 

What's with all these conspiracy theories??

CA investigated the whole episode thoroughly and then came up with conclusion. If they wanted to have it swept under the rug, they could have easily done it. 1 year ban is no joke..

Hats off to CA for taking swift actions. In my personal opinion, punishment was too harsh.

1 minute ago, veer said:

What's with all these conspiracy theories??

CA investigated the whole episode thoroughly and then came up with conclusion. If they wanted to have it swept under the rug, they could have easily done it. 1 year ban is no joke..

Hats off to CA for taking swift actions. In my personal opinion, punishment was too harsh.

Everyone is saying punishment is too harsh but I think CA gave the punishment too harsh for two things looking good in eyes of sponsors,public and second one is protect bowlers and coaches.

They had no choice but to punish the three.

Warner may be a thug ,but he is a straight up guy i think and i don't think he was the only one responsible,may be he needs better acting skill and dry out his eyes in a press conference but i don't think he is that kind of a person. He is just getting all the flake of being a mastermind because of his previous reputation.

If Warner was the mastermind and others following his lead, then shouldn't he warrant a much harsher punishment in comparison to Smith, ie Smith 6 month ban and Warner 12 month ban. It doesnt make sense to punish both the same if one was the mastermind and the other a stooge. 

2 minutes ago, Moochad said:

If Warner was the mastermind and others following his lead, then shouldn't he warrant a much harsher punishment in comparison to Smith, ie Smith 6 month ban and Warner 12 month ban. It doesnt make sense to punish both the same if one was the mastermind and the other a stooge. 

I thought Smith would be made scapegoat. It's actually Warner. A smart choice given his reputation. People would most likely believe it. Honestly don't think there was any master mind. It was business as usual for Aussies and they must have been doing it usually since long time without getting caught.

11 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I thought Smith would be made scapegoat. It's actually Warner. A smart choice given his reputation. People would most likely believe it. Honestly don't think there was any master mind. It was business as usual for Aussies and they must have been doing it usually since long time without getting caught.

Hereafter opposition teams should hire 4-5 additional support staff to keep an eye on the conniving Aussies. The BCCI can certainly afford to hire a good camera crew to keep the cheats in check.