Ozzie sanctimony is nothing new

Louts

Sledge, but not be sledged.  Get personal, but cry foul when others did.  Your wife and ma are fair game for abuse, but heaven forbid you bring mine into the sledge.  Abuse bowlers who show genuine concern after knocking you with a bouncer.  Harbor racism, but scream like a baby when others allegedly did it to their guy.  Claim one-bounce catches, but preach "walking."  All this led up to brainfade, sugarcoat and sandpaper.  

Waugh, McGrath, Ponting, Lehmann, Smith, Warner - all cut of the same cloth.  Act tough and aggressive, but break down the moment it comes back to bite them or if another team stands up to their fake aggression.  In short, f em. F em all.

^^^ I thought it all started when Allan Border took over Australia, when Aus was at its all time

low in cricket in 1980s

Border brought in this “tough attitude” approach which in subsequent years ended up pushing that “line”, with each new captain and players taking it to new levels

So many incidents, I remember that d!ckhrad Slater throwing a tantrum when fielding, and shouting at Dravid for not accepting Slater’s claim of taking a clean catch, which 3rd umpire turned down 

20 hours ago, chewy said:

^^^ I thought it all started when Allan Border took over Australia, when Aus was at its all time

low in cricket in 1980s

Border brought in this “tough attitude” approach which in subsequent years ended up pushing that “line”, with each new captain and players taking it to new levels

So many incidents, I remember that d!ckhrad Slater throwing a tantrum when fielding, and shouting at Dravid for not accepting Slater’s claim of taking a clean catch, which 3rd umpire turned down 

There is a difference in motivating one's own team to do well and distracting the other team ... Not sure if Border started the "mental disintegration of opponents" as done by Waugh & co.