Harbhajan, Tendulkar, Kohli: true heroes of cricket

Excellent. Andrew Symond a bitter and twisted individual laid charge against Bhaaji and one of the most racist countries in the world claimed that they were victims of racism. Thanks to the judge from New Zealand who saw their gameplan and stopped that nonsense by giving a non guilty verdict. Times like this reminds us how low life some of the Aussie cricketers have been.

I firmly believe that fish rots from the head first and Sutherland needs to go.

I have said this many time before, the biggest bullies are always the worst snowflakes. They want to dish it out without restraint, but get all offended when they receive the slightest abuse. This has been the trait of the Aussie team for decades, even before the Waugh era. We just did not hear about it as much because dissemination of news was more limited back in the 70s and 80s. Sure, they have produced great players, but on field they were horrible abusers - all of them, from the Chappells to the Lillees to the Thompsons to the Waughs to the McGraths to the Warnes and to the Warners. These phuckers deserve all the shame and the negative spotlight that is on them. Phuck them.

I have not lived in Australia, so I can't say with certainty, but it could easily be a reflection of the society. I am not saying that it is in their genes because I do not think anyone is born this way or any particular way, but note that the free Australian society was originally established by convicts or direct offsprings of them and there is definitely some gritty abusive mentality to the Aussie mindset that has prevailed in the culture over several generations. It is quite obvious that the Aussie cricket team has been proud of this sledging or mental disintegration as they call it as CA, former players, the public all endorsed it for decades. Now caught with their pants down in front of the whole world laughing at them, they are suddenly embrassed. Gimme a phucken break!!

I hope all the pheckers get more negative spotlight shining on them, especially the retired one who are trying to preach from the pulpit. My message to all them is take a long pole and shove it up your ausses, you Aussie pricks!! :giggle:

Edited by dandaroy

Thanks to Osman. I've been waiting a long time for someone to put into words the reasons why I've never liked the Aussie team or their sanctimonious media cheersquad. They've gotten away with this bullying and holier-than-thou shyte for far too long.

Edited by Chalks
On 3/30/2018 at 7:39 PM, mancalledsting said:

In 2008, still bitter from the phainty delivered in the 2007 World T20 Semi Final, RP Singh delivered a first innings spell against the Aussies that left them reeling for 130 odd for 5 (IIRC). All their established batsmen were down and out and Andrew Symonds and Steve Bucknor mounted one of the most impressive counter attacks seen in the history of the game. The Indians, determined to fight it out and take it all the way, epitomised by the partnership of Sachin and Bhaji in India's first innings were looking good for the ascendancy. The Aussies were up in arms that their sworn enemy/nemesis Harbhajan Singh was giving it back to them in the most graceful manner, with the bat. Unable to take their beating like men, the Aussies conspired to put Bhaji off his game by taunting him and then accusing him of racist taunts. The custodian of anti racism, an apartheid borne South African Mike Proctor presided over the case and ruled in the Aussies favour despite scant evidence. Aussies were outraged, there was uproar and they were at their sanctimonious best. Gora lobby in the form of South Africans, English weighed in to lend credence to the baseless Aussie allegations, thinking that they were doing their bit to maintain white privilege within the game. Little did they realise that they were playing their part in creating a monster. 

Determined not to be peturbed by the weight of international opinion and emotion, Harbhajan and Sachin, with full backing of BCCI, Shastri and Gavaskar, fought the fight, even risking their personal reputations in the pursuit of upholding justice and principles. Ponting's, Symonds careers and reputations were never the same since. Despite this the ICC continued to rule in favour of the Aussies, Gambhir/Watson incident being another prime example. As time went along, Aussies were so entrenched in their sanctimony and innocence, they developed a fearless approach towards bending the rules. When Steve Smith attempted to seek the coaches help from the stands with a DRS review, Kohli took a stand, again at the expense of his own reputation. In the end, Kohli was more discredited by the incident than Steve Smith!

Fast forward to 2018 ball tapering fiasco and the truth has finally come out. Bhaji, Tendulkar, Kohli, Shastri, Sunny and BCCI fully vindicated in their stance. This monster has been building up since the days of Steve Waugh and only Indian heroes have been the ones doing anything about it, sometimes at the expense of their own reputations. 

Ex Aussie culprits like Waugh retire and portray a holier than thou attitude. The genesis of the problem lies with people like him. Win at all costs mentality. His hypocrisy has been brilliantly summed up and exposed by an excellent article by Osman Samiuddin. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22961057/sanctimony-steve-waugh

ROW, time to follow India's lead!

I read the Osman piece yesterday and your's today. You've done a great job at it. Well done mate.

21 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Won’t agree with every word there, especially a bit about Steve Waugh but there is lot of truth in there. Well articulated. Waugh and Ponting were different. Ponting was more of a an arrogrant prick than Waugh.

Good post.

Which part about Steve Waugh do you disagree with? 

4 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Which part about Steve Waugh do you disagree with? 

“Ex Aussie culprits like Waugh retire and portray a holier than thou attitude.”

Don’t agree with Osman Samiuddin either there about Steve.

Agree with rest of your article. I

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

“Ex Aussie culprits like Waugh retire and portray a holier than thou attitude.”

Don’t agree with Osman Samiuddin either there about Steve.

Agree with rest of your article. I

Cool, do you disagree on him being a culprit or on portraying a holier than thou attitude? 

7 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Cool, do you disagree on him being a culprit or on portraying a holier than thou attitude? 

I never feel Waugh portrayed himself as holier.

On the field or off the field he was similar from what I rememebe. In fact of the field he was only a better person who used to be involved with charity in India since his playing days. His interviews, post match interviews weren’t filled with filth etc either. Unlike Ponting who used to go out and start cursing opponent or pointing out to the oppositions dressing room for having extra fielder for no reason etc. 

Waugh was a calm head. He had guys like Mcgrath who were arrogant at times but I won’t blame Waugh for what his other players did. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

I never feel Waugh portrayed himself as holier.

On the field or off the field he was similar from what I rememebe. In fact of the field he was only a better person who used to be involved with charity in India since his playing days. His interviews, post match interviews weren’t filled with filth etc either. Unlike Ponting who used to go out and start cursing opponent or pointing out to the oppositions dressing room for having extra fielder for no reason etc. 

Waugh was a calm head. He had guys like Mcgrath who were arrogant at times but I won’t blame Waugh for what his other players did. 

IMO, S Waugh was one of the biggest a**holes to ever set foot on a cricket field.

Here are are examples of him blatantly cheating: 

https://youtu.be/oW1qy1jh9j8

https://youtu.be/Hu5Th1so2D0

Here's an example of his holier than thou attitude in play: 

https://youtu.be/T4183JgtIwo

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-28/steve-waugh-calls-for-committment-to-spirit-of-cricket-document/9595490

Like all players from a bygone era, there is a tendency to view him with rose tinted spectacles 

Edited by mancalledsting
1 hour ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Lol, the whole article is about steve waugh. Usse agree nahin kiye to kis baat se agree karega

Steve waugh is a piece of ****, and so is his match fixing brother. Yeh sab bakwaas toh unke saath hi shuru hua tha.

Mancalledsting mentioned about a lot about 2007-08 series where Steve Waugh wasn’t part of, so his article wasn’t full of Waugh.  I am referring to his post and replied to him how I don’t agree with just the part where he mentioned about Waugh while I agree with rest of it, especially the way they handled the Bhajji issue.