Rachel McLellan, fiancée of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja converts to Islam

Temujin Khaghan

1 minute ago, Book_Worm said:

I remember Asin who is a christian got married to rahul sharma and they both had a christian wedding as well as  a hindu one. Niether of them got converted.

Also Dinesh Karthik with Dipika Pallikal. Christians do proselytize a lot but nowhere as bad as Muslims. Ofc no religion can compare with the dharmic ones in terms of tolerance/broad-mindedness. The advantage here is if it doesn't work out the couple can separate or tackle in a civil way. Marrying Muslims is a one way street, if things don't work out it may end violently. 

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Contrast that to another case a month back. A popular TV star Dipika Kakar married her Muslim colleague (https://www.hindustantimes.com/tv/dipika-kakar-puts-rumours-to-rest-it-s-true-i-have-converted-to-islam/story-Tbz9ceL4GjJI5P3Lpm2mLL.html), she had to convert to Islam....same lame explanation like the one which OP posted...done out of free will/no coercion blah blah blah. If 2 people really love each other why the need to convert and abandon the religion your parents gave you? And why don't Muslims ever respect the faith of their partners?

I recently went to Malaysia and had the chance to interact with locals. All the non Muslims I spoke to complained about Muslims eloping with non Muslim girls and converting them...apparently the law in Malaysia is no better than Pakistan or Taliban regime in these matters, minorities are going through hell there. A Tamil lady who hosted our group broke down and said her only wish is that her daughters never fall for Muslim men because once that happens their entire legal system is heavily biased in favor of Muslims like no reconversion, compulsory hijab for Muslims etc. I mean if this is the level of tolerance in a so called progressive Muslim state imagine the plight in other Muslim majority countries? I had high regards for Malaysians before travelling there, but now I am convinced that even the most tolerant Islamic society will be 100x times worse than the most intolerant Hindu/Buddhist/Christian/Jew society. 

Another victory for love Jihad.

True nature of so called liberals come out when their womenfolk convert with Some muslim dude, for all their talk of liberal bs they can't stomach their womenfolk going out with a muslim dude.

and it's not like Islam sanctions pre martial relationships, what these muslims guys do is copying the host culture of pre martial relationships, so much for not integrating lol.

1 hour ago, panther said:

Another victory for love Jihad.

True nature of so called liberals come out when their womenfolk convert with Some muslim dude, for all their talk of liberal bs they can't stomach their womenfolk going out with a muslim dude.

and it's not like Islam sanctions pre martial relationships, what these muslims guys do is copying the host culture of pre martial relationships, so much for not integrating lol.

Why do non Muslims have to convert to marry Muslims?

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Why do non Muslims have to convert to marry Muslims?

Because The Quran says, excemption is for women from the Jews and christians they can keep their religion but it is prefered if they become muslim.

23 minutes ago, Texy said:

You have to admire Muslims.... someone like Khwaja who's pretty much brought up in Australian society but never let go of his religion and the strong connection to Islam. As oppose to Hindus you see lose it very easily. I have always wondered why that is.... 

Because there is no such thing as Hinduism. If you see 'religion' is a western invention, religion is basically a western perspective on faith. While countries in the middle east integrate faith with politics, in the eastern countries faith is basically following the teachings of your guru, there are no standard rules, no holy book and no rigid outlook on life, no cult following, every guru has a different style. That guru can be anyone, whether it's Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, Mahavir and etc.

Terms like Buddhism/Hinduism/Shintoism and other 'isms' were creations of European indologists from the medieval era, you will not find these terms in any of the ancient texts.

2 hours ago, MechEng said:

Because there is no such thing as Hinduism. If you see 'religion' is a western invention, religion is basically a western perspective on faith. While countries in the middle east integrate faith with politics, in the eastern countries faith is basically following the teachings of your guru, there are no standard rules, no holy book and no rigid outlook on life, no cult following, every guru has a different style. That guru can be anyone, whether it's Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, Mahavir and etc.

Terms like Buddhism/Hinduism/Shintoism and other 'isms' were creations of European indologists from the medieval era, you will not find these terms in any of the ancient texts.

There was conflict between vedic and Budhism in Indian society before the advent of christianity and Islam

36 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

There was conflict between vedic and Budhism in Indian society before the advent of christianity and Islam

There were no conflicts, debating was very active in ancient India and the purpsoe of debates were exchange of ideas unlike today it's about winning (Arnab Goswami types), there is no evidence of cult conflicts between vedic and Buddhists in ancient India except for debates.

The history of ancient India which we know today were due to the efforts of European indologists, we lost the track of our ancient roots at that time because of long years of foreign rule under Mongols and Turks. Although European indologists did a commendable job in bringing awareness of India's ancient past to us, they did make blunders in understanding of our history like how Aryans and Dravidians were seen as different races whereas the concept of racism is a very new one and it was unknown in the ancient world.

On 01/04/2018 at 8:04 PM, Texy said:

You have to admire Muslims.... someone like Khwaja who's pretty much brought up in Australian society but never let go of his religion and the strong connection to Islam. As oppose to Hindus you see lose it very easily. I have always wondered why that is.... 

Most Hindus and Sikhs put money above everything else. There is also less brainwashing at a younger age and there is no fear of eternal hell that is drilled into you.

On 4/1/2018 at 12:52 PM, Temujin Khaghan said:

Some of my relatives converted to Christianity and another relative girl of ours met them as a prospective DiL. They made her sit an entire day with a local pastor and this girl returned to her home after a solid 8 hour brainwash, in tears from sheer boredom and headache.

Later she told us how the pastor preached that, "Krishna is a thief, he slips into your home from your backdoor and steals milk and curd whereas Jesus is a gentleman, he knocks your front door and asks for some bread and wine. Now you choose who is better?". 

:p

:rotfl:

Khwaja bhai has just added 5000 technical test runs and 20 average points to his test average for this great victory of showing a dumb white bimbo path to righteousness.

He has just replaced Amla bhai as my hero who is on his way out. Even though Amla Bhai has earned a spot in the cricket hall of fame forever and the heart of a million people for draping his begum in a tent.

If any padosi site admin is reading this please revoke my ban and I will personally open a Khwaja vs Sachin thread and will personally endorse Khwaja bhai.

On 4/1/2018 at 4:53 AM, Clarke said:

I saw in some famous Pakistani movie that Muslims are allowed to marry people of the book i.e. Christians & Jews. It would be a mistake for them to assume that even though the women are converting, their outlook towards life will completely change and they will turn conservative and all e.g. jemima khan. 

pakistan-ka-khuda-hafiz-dotcom :giggle:

Famous Pakistani movie WTF

She is only 22 and easily brainwashed. If she is allowed to live a standard Aussie life free of rules, customs, dress codes, etc. then the marriage will survive. Otherwise, give it a few years and once the sparkle of the newfound relationship and marriage wears off, she will be gone gone gone! :giggle:

On 4/1/2018 at 3:04 PM, Texy said:

Hinduism isn’t a religion. It is a culture. It welcomes all of us. It welcomes you to pray in whatever way you want, fast in whichever way you want. It doesn’t tell you not to wish Merry Christmas to someone or doesn’t rell you not to wish Eid Mubarak to anyone. Its a cultuee which Hindus take all over the world when they leave India or as they travel withing India. We don’t mind wishing anyone during their festivals. We don’t mind visiting and explorng the idea of visiting a Mosque or a  Church or a Gurudwaras. Hinduism doesn’t tell us to not visit such places

Its a culture. Hinduism is a culture. Great culture.