Sreesanth's case vs Smith's case

9 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Sree was found not gulity by the court. BCCI made him the scrape goat and he is now banned for lifetime. No one is supporting him. Not a word from ex-players.

Smith was Found guilt. Banned for one year.

He cried a few tears and now suddenly everyone (Including ex-players ) are in his Support.

Sree was banned for match fixing which is considered much bigger crime than ball tampering which is going for ages

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

Sree was banned for match fixing which is considered much bigger crime than ball tampering which is going for ages

A)He has been found not guilty. If people believe Srini is clean while only Meiyappan was in shady business. Then why not believe Sree is innocent.

B)Alleged spot fixing in IPL. Big deal? There are owners of teams (CSK and RR) themselves allegedly involved in betting and other stuff in IPL. 

35 minutes ago, Pollack said:

A)He has been found not guilty. If people believe Srini is clean while only Meiyappan was in shady business. Then why not believe Sree is innocent.

B)Alleged spot fixing in IPL. Big deal? There are owners of teams (CSK and RR) themselves allegedly involved in betting and other stuff in IPL. 

His ban was first revoked and later restored by High court , case is still going on in Supreme court

As far people are concerned they simply don't care about it

I have yet to see any proof against Sreesanth. In the court of public opinion Sreesanth is not guilty. His behavior was erratic but I personally loved it. He was a top most bowler and brought so much energy in the game that it was fun watching him. Give me the proof or BCCI needs to keep their goddamn mouths shut. 

2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Sree was found not gulity by the court. BCCI made him the scape goat and he is now banned for lifetime. No one is supporting him. Not a word from ex-players.

Smith was Found guilt. Banned for one year.

He cried a few tears and now suddenly everyone (Including ex-players ) are in his Support.

Sree was not found guilty of what? BCCI made his scapegoat for what? 

10 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Sree was not found guilty of what? BCCI made his scapegoat for what? 

He was found not guilty of match fixing (No proof that he fixed) by the kerala High court and hence the ban was lifted.

Edited by sourab10forever
11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sreesanth was not exactly popular among fans or captain or bCCI. Nobody pressed his case. Having said that match fixing is worse. He probably was a fall guy. You never know. Apart from his fans (if he has any) no one else cares about his downfall. Your stature in international cricket does matter.

xactly and he was turning out to be waste of talent and no one was happy with his attitude 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

xactly and he was turning out to be waste of talent and no one was happy with his attitude 

All that is secondary.

BcCI needs to lift his ban...you cannot take away someones rights like that. The court has judged him not guilty. End of story.

You can move to the upper court but till the case is closed in the SC he should be allowed to play. He recently wanted to play in a Scottish tournament. BCCI denied him the permission.

51 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

All that is secondary.

BcCI needs to lift his ban...you cannot take away someones rights like that. The court has judged him not guilty. End of story.

You can move to the upper court but till the case is closed in the SC he should be allowed to play. He recently wanted to play in a Scottish tournament. BCCI denied him the permission.

How does one leads to other? I am not saying his ban shouldn't be lifted or otherwise. But while deciding a criminal case, burden of proof has to be higher for courts to convict anyone which makes sense as criminal charges are much more detrimental person's life. 

Is the case same for an organization employing someone? Employers can impose restriction even with lighter evidence which wouldn't hold in court. 

For ex - if court has convicted a person, he would struggle to travel to any other country. Impact won't be restricted just to the realm of cricket. That's why burden of proof needs to be higher. However, restrictions imposed by BCCI would be limited to cricket. Maybe that's why they went ahead with lesser proof?

BCCI could ban Sreesanth simply for his failure to follow its rules i.e. It could have found that Sreesanth worked with people deeply connected to gambling, was likely offered a deal to fix games and did not keep the BCCI in the loop. It does not have to prove his involvement with match fixing itself.

Having said that, I think he has been ostracized  long enough. His first class and international career is over. He should be able to play in a Scottish league. Match fixing is bigger than ball tampering. And Sreesanth has already paid a higher price than the price that will be paid by Warner and Smith.

2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

All that is secondary.

I may be wrong but this was last judgement on sreesanth case

Kerala HC upholds BCCI appeal, Sreesanth life ban to stay
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/kerala-hc-upholds-bcci-appeal-sreesanth-life-ban-to-stay/articleshow/61119502.cms?utm_campaign=andapp&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=other

In ways its a tricky case. He was not found guilty but not absolved of all crimes. He and 3 others from RR who were arrested by Mumbai police and evidenced against by delhi police apparently accepted theie involvement in spot fixing..but probably under duress so did not stand in court. If he was from a more lobbied association like mumbai may be he would have played now but being from kerala he has been made a scape goat this is pretty normal.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:11 PM, Gollum said:

Forget these chote mote stuff, make the Mudgal report public. I bet once that is out Dhoni, Jadeja, Raina, Meiyyapan, Srinivasan and a few other ex-CSK players will have to quit in shame or worse, even jailed.  

What a blot this Dhoni is. I really want him caught and kicked out or worse. And even in Sreesanths case, I wont be surprised if he has a hand in it. He didnt particularly like him. He has openly accepted he didnt like Sreesanth.