Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

Bumrah is really struggling with the Yorkers since the Sri Lankan series ,I don't know what's wrong with him ,is it a confidence issue or he ain't practicing it anymore ,because whenever he is trying to hit a Yorker,it becomes either a full toss or a length ball 

11 hours ago, adi B said:

Bumrah is really struggling with the Yorkers since the Sri Lankan series ,I don't know what's wrong with him ,is it a confidence issue or he ain't practicing it anymore ,because whenever he is trying to hit a Yorker,it becomes either a full toss or a length ball 

He did hit 3 Yorkers to Archer at 145k+ continuously before that 18 runs over but it seems like at pressure situation he doesn't know where to bowl, someone should talk to him.

3 hours ago, S_pace said:

He did hit 3 Yorkers to Archer at 145k+ continuously before that 18 runs over but it seems like at pressure situation he doesn't know where to bowl, someone should talk to him.

Yes his previous over was a thing of beauty and he was touching 147. I think modern bowling has become sometimes too fancy with bowlers trying to get in too many variations. They think if couple of balls work then next one has to be different just for variety sake. 

There seems to be some thinking that sometimes test match lines (short of length) work to lower order batsmen. That's what cost him all those fours. 

I would not blame him except for not correcting his no ball problem (that is something fully in his control). All the bowlers are likely to get hit once in a while. As long as he learns from that he is good.