Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Tbh No, yes he bowled well last game, has worked hard alright but on slow track of chinnaswamy he is looking toothless, doesn't give any confidence and this time there was some swing available, i think he is going to struggle whenever there is no swing on offer or on a slow track with swing on offer, I find no zip in his bowling, even sandip bowling around 122k was getting nice zip yesterday hence was looking threatening.

You can compare two games. Yesterday pitch was different and every bowled including spinners got zip. It is so short sighted. You are comparing Chahar bowling on a flat pitch where opposition scored 200 to another bowlers bowling on a pitch where 118 was defended. Chahar bowled too many slow balls today.

I am liking this Umesh. Even though his pace has gone down by 5k's he has bowled really well upfront. Bowled some lovely outswingers and good bouncers. He has regularly picked wickets. Hardly any freebies on the legs like he used to bowl. He will be a good partner for Bumrah and Bk in the ODI team if he bowls in the early and middle overs. Bk and Bumrah can take over at the death. What do you guys think?

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The question is, has Umesh done enough to be considered for the English tour? What are the thoughts of others on the forum?

Yes ,even if he had failed I would have liked him in the plane to Eng..he could have been our enforcer..given the talent he had ,I always felt he was given raw deal by Deadcool..openly humiliated him in press conferences contributed to his shattered confidence....

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The question is, has Umesh done enough to be considered for the English tour? What are the thoughts of others on the forum?

Yes. Umesh is a must for the English tour. His problem has always been his spray gun tendency but this IPL he has hardly sprayed the ball around. If he keeps bowling like this he will be very handy with the new and old ball.

15 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Umesh should go to England because he is a natural outswing bowler. 

Many people are advocating medium paced swing bowlers for that tour.  I would rather have a fast swing bowler ... someone who can pound the pitch hard when the ball stops swinging.  

I prefer all condition bowlers.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Umesh should go to England because he is a natural outswing bowler. 

Many people are advocating medium paced swing bowlers for that tour.  I would rather have a fast swing bowler ... someone who can pound the pitch hard when the ball stops swinging.  

I prefer all condition bowlers.

Trundlers or medium pace swing bowlers sooner or later get exposed when they dont find help