Just now, express bowling said:

Siraj  4th over 

144 k ... good  yorker

143 k ... attempted yorker ... 6

142 k ...  4

Slower ...  bouncer

Slower

Slower  ...  OUT

that was not attempted  yorker. that was a perfect yorker, landed absolutely the blockhole but that shot was just amazing.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

that was not attempted  yorker. that was a perfect yorker, landed absolutely the blockhole but that shot was just amazing.

For a yorker to be perfect, it has to land under the bottom of the bat.

If the batsman manages to place his bat under the ball, which landed on a supposedly perfect yorker length, then it is not a perfect yorker.

A yorker is defined in relation to the bat of the batsman at the time of hitting and is not a predefined length.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

For a yorker to be perfect, it has to land under the bottom of the bat.

If the batsman manages to place his bat under the ball, which landed on a supposedly perfect yorker length, then it is not a perfect yorker.

A yorker is defined in relation to the bat of the batsman at the time of hitting and is not a predefined length.

He made it look like that. he did not get the bat under the ball.  he sliced it with an open bat. perfect yorker doesn't mean it is unhittable just need real good shot to hit it.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Did they show the list of quickest balls on TV  ?

3.6 J Archer to AB de Villiers, FOUR, 152.4 km/h good length on middle stump.

bowled today

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

3.6 J Archer to AB de Villiers, FOUR, 152.4 km/h good length on middle stump.

bowled today

I saw that speed on IPL T20.com too.

What I was asking you was ...

Since this is the fastest ball of this IPL, did they show the list of fastest bowlers on TV, like they did when Stanlake bowled the quickest earlier  ?

Mavi and Siraj would get a bit of attention too then, as they are 3rd and 4th on the list.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I saw that speed on IPL T20.com too.

What I was asking you was ...

Since this is the fastest ball of this IPL, did they show the list of fastest bowlers on TV, like they did when Stanlake bowled the quickest earlier  ?

Mavi and Siraj would get a bit of attention too then, as they are 3rd and 4th on the list.

no, they didnt

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Umesh has taken wickets of consecutive deliveries 4 times this IPL. He should have converted atleast one into a hat-trick. 

He is one Indian pacer who we can boast of this IPL. The only highlight among Indian pacers. Enjoyed his spells. His accuracy has been very impressive in about 9 matches. 

8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

He is one Indian pacer who we can boast of this IPL. The only highlight among Indian pacers. Enjoyed his spells. His accuracy has been very impressive in about 9 matches. 

yes and the enabler Nehra should get most of the credit. We may even see Nehra getting the role of B Arun in our team or a specific fast bowler's coach role. Kohli could just make it happen.

Edited by Vk1

22 hours ago, S_pace said:

He's definitely faster than Vijay Shankar.

harshal bowls much better than Vijay and his batting is not as good as Vijay but still pretty close, i would prefer him to Vijay SHankar.

18 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

yes and the enabler Nehra should get most of the credit. We may even see Nehra getting the role of B Arun in our team or a specific fast bowler's coach role. Kohli could just make it happen.

virat is fond of nehra, we have noticed him listening to nehra all the time.

18 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

If Nehra is responsible for improvement in Umesh then he definitely needs to get some credit. A bowler who was one of the most erratic in line and length is now bowling in proper channels. To me it seems Umesh has put great hard work. One does not bowls as consistently in proper channels like Bhvui without much practice. Kudos to Umesh and Nehra.

Our test bowling looked very good, but now we have Umesh who can also be a addition in T20i. At one point of time i thought he would not suit T20 because of his usual problems, but he deserves a chance in next T20i playing 11. 

9 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Our test bowling looked very good, but now we have Umesh who can also be a addition in T20i. At one point of time i thought he would not suit T20 because of his usual problems, but he deserves a chance in next T20i playing 11. 

We already have 2 top bowlers in Bumrah and Bk for T20's. Umesh is a good reserve bowler to have as long as he doesn't bowl in the death. He is a good option for 3rd pacer in ODI and he is a must in tests going by current form.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh  1st over

137 k ...  4

137 k ...  bounces extra and seams away

Slower ...  wide

128 k ... extra bounce

138 k ...  4

136 k

129 k

Very slow over

Pace may not matter much if he's getting extra bounce for most of his deliveries. That's what troubles international batsmen more I guess. 

Prasidh   3rd over

...  good yorker

142 k  ...  hits the bat hard

143 k          ...  good quick yorker

...  attempted yorker ... 6

139 k ... 

143 k ...  good yorker

Bowled in really good areas at pace.

25 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Pace may not matter much if he's getting extra bounce for most of his deliveries. That's what troubles international batsmen more I guess. 

Bounce becomes more effective when combined with pace. Accuracy has to be there too obviously, for pace and bounce to be effective.

Prasidh went for runs in that slow over ... but looked really good in his later quick overs ... as he combined pace and bounce with accuracy too.

Edited by express bowling

Prasidh  4th over

Slower ...  Pandey OUT

140 k  ... great swinging yorker

142 k  ...  4

138 k ... rising short ball ... Shakib OUT

140 k ... OUT

-         ... Good quick  bouncer ... run out

Amazing over from Prasidh. Bowled with pace, bounce and skills.  Gets 3 wickets for just 4 runs in the 20 over of the innings.

4  for 30 in 4 overs 

Edited by express bowling

55 minutes ago, Mosher said:

We already have 2 top bowlers in Bumrah and Bk for T20's. Umesh is a good reserve bowler to have as long as he doesn't bowl in the death. He is a good option for 3rd pacer in ODI and he is a must in tests going by current form.

I would like to see Boom, Bhuvi and Umesh in T20 pace attack. Hope Boom improves than what he has performed in IPL. OS does Bhuvi who has been off-color. But those a re the 3 i would like to see in T20i 11. 

Yadav should be playing for sure in all formats. There is no doubt in my mind about his accuracy and form. I agree about that totally. 

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Prasidh has a cool and calm look ,he is quite discreet..with each match he is getting mature

Prasidh comes across as a thinking bowler.  Great quality to have.

Was executing those yorkers under pressure too.

And not overdoing those slower balls.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

You said it right buddy. 

20 runs in his first over.

hyd attack of BHUVI not in his best form, Slow trundler Sandeep Sharma , Genuine trundler SID Kaul who is now regularly trundling and has got me worried as he is bowling under 135K all the time is a genuinely weak ATTACK ( as bhuvi is also looking not totally fit).

with out stanlake and any genuine pacer , this attack has no teeth and it seems , they will be torn apart unless they get khaleel in their line up.

9 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

hyd attack of BHUVI not in his best form, Slow trundler Sandeep Sharma , Genuine trundler SID Kaul who is now regularly trundling and has got me worried as he is bowling under 135K all the time is a genuinely weak ATTACK ( as bhuvi is also looking not totally fit).

with out stanlake and any genuine pacer , this attack has no teeth and it seems , they will be torn apart unless they get khaleel in their line up.

Yes a genuine case to play Khaleel but I dont think they will play him in playoffs ,its leading upto SRH exit, won't be surprised if they are thrashed third time by CSK 

18 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

I would like to see Boom, Bhuvi and Umesh in T20 pace attack. Hope Boom improves than what he has performed in IPL. OS does Bhuvi who has been off-color. But those a re the 3 i would like to see in T20i 11. 

Yadav should be playing for sure in all formats. There is no doubt in my mind about his accuracy and form. I agree about that totally. 

What so special abt bhuvi. Frankly he was quite mediocre during internationals odi nd ipl 18.

Guest, sign in to access all features.