vishalvirsingh

Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What so special abt bhuvi. Frankly he was quite mediocre during internationals odi nd ipl 18.

Bhuvi when he is not picking wickets chokes runs. Or if he is not choking runs, picks wickets. At times he manages to do both roles i.e. 1. Pick wickets and choke runs in same match. 

Last year he was top wicket taker in IPL and also his eco rate was very good compared to most of bowlers. 

This year he has under performed. No doubt.

Edited by Straight Drive

8 minutes ago, raki05 said:

And I m talking and this year ipl performanc.  And odi nd t20 international overall performance  is quite average. 

Would like to know who you think has given better performance than Bhuvi more often than not in this format.

8 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Did we try anyone deserving, besides unadkat and Siraj. Bumrah is only  all around fast bowler as per me

Only Bhvui and Jasprit where ones who could take the IPL form to T20i. The rest even struggled in IPL.

9 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Did we try anyone deserving, besides unadkat and Siraj. Bumrah is only  all around fast bowler as per me

Siraj should have been tried in ODIs but was tried in T20s.  

Unadkat should have been left in front of a TV during international games.

Kaul could have been tried in T20Is.

Prasidh and Khaleel have potential to be good ODI and T20I bowlers.

Bumrah  4th over ...  just 8 runs

139 k ... attempted yorker

Slower ... ball lobs up

140 k ...  yorker

139 k ...  yorker

145 k ... yorker ... how was that a wide !

147 k ... yorker

-        ...  wide

141 k ... low full toss ...catch dropped

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Bhuvi when he is not picking wickets chokes runs. Or if he is not choking runs, picks wickets. At times he manages to do both roles i.e. 1. Pick wickets and choke runs in same match. 

Last year he was top wicket taker in IPL and also his eco rate was very good compared to most of bowlers. 

This year he has under performed. No doubt.

bhuvi is a v.good t-20 and test bowler...in odis bhuvi is mediocre...can't fathom how many of icfers mix formats......see his record of odis.

7 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

bhuvi is a v.good t-20 and test bowler...in odis bhuvi is mediocre...can't fathom how many of icfers mix formats......see his record of odis.

That's the problem with India. Like Windies we don't take T20 seriously and end up messing it since 2010. Whereas WI have won it twice because they play according to the needs and select their T20 teams accordingly, inspite of all the issues between board and their players. 

A lot of ODI players in T20i team.

Edited by Straight Drive

12 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I suggest check the stats for IPL as well as T20i. Bhuvi is winner in IPL, Bumrah edges it in T20i. 

M not  worried abt Ipl as he is international bowler and for all international players what they do in international is more important, Ipl is good to judge youngsters. Hence I m not even slightly worried abt how a kohli or sharma(rohit) is playing in ipl.

55 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj should have been tried in ODIs but was tried in T20s.  

Unadkat should have been left in front of a TV during international games.

Kaul could have been tried in T20Is.

Prasidh and Khaleel have potential to be good ODI and T20I bowlers.

For me, Prasidh and Khaleel seem like bowlers who will do better in test cricket. Ofcourse, with a little bit of time but definitely more test material than limited overs.

10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

For me, Prasidh and Khaleel seem like bowlers who will do better in test cricket. Ofcourse, with a little bit of time but definitely more test material than limited overs.

prasidh is definitely a test material.....his pace is constant, bowls accurate line n length...khaleel pace varies a lot in spells....

Edited by LORD_analyst

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

And I m talking and this year ipl performanc.  And odi nd t20 international overall performance  is quite average. 

He's only had an average IPL and by no means an averages International whether it be test odi or T20.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Khaleel is more LOI material, good yorker and slower balls.

10 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I bet right now , he does not have the stamina to bowl 20 odd overs for 2 days on trot in test matches 

No 20 year old will have that. It takes a lot of first class bowling, supreme fitness to do that. He has just played 1-2 FC games, debuted this season.

14 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I bet right now , he does not have the stamina to bowl 20 odd overs for 2 days on trot in test matches 

yup....stamina is very important.....only prasidh krishna seems a touch like hazlewood with consistency and stamina to bowl long spells...imo a worthy replacement of ishant- doesn't bowls bad lines,has good stamina.

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

They may well be test material in the coming years. They definitely have the basics right ... pace, height, bounce, seam movement, decent accuracy. But we have to see whether they can sustain pace and intensity while bowling 20 overs a day or develop this if they can't. They have to play most FC games next season.

The reasons why I feel that Prasidh and Khaleel may do well in ODIs and T20Is are because ... both have decent channel deliveries which are needed in the first 40 overs in ODIs ... both have good yorkers and decent slower balls which will help them in T20s and the last 10 overs of ODIs. Plus both are tall with natural bounce, which is more difficult to get away.  

Just now, express bowling said:

They may well be test material in the coming years. They definitely have the basics right ... pace, height, bounce, seam movement, decent accuracy. But we have to see whether they can sustain pace and intensity while bowling 20 overs a day or develop this if they can't. They have to plsy most FC games next season.

The reasons why I feel that Prasidh and Khaleel may do well in ODIs and T20Is are because ... both have decent channel deliveries which are needed in the first 40 overs in ODIs ... both have good yorkers and decent slower balls which will help them in T20s and the last 10 overs of ODIs. Plus both are tall with natural bounce, which is more difficult to get away.  

khaleel still has a long way to go....saw him in domestic....gets erratic sometimes....control will improve as he plays more games.

9 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

yup....stamina is very important.....only prasidh krishna seems a touch like hazlewood with consistency and stamina to bowl long spells...imo a worthy replacement of ishant- doesn't bowls bad lines,has good stamina.

We won't know about his stamina till we see him in FC games.  He has played just 1 FC match.

But it is also true that stamina will increase as he plays more and more FC and does stamina training.

38 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

khaleel still has a long way to go....saw him in domestic....gets erratic sometimes....control will improve as he plays more games.

Did very well in SMA Trophy 2018 with 17 wickets from 10 matches and low ER  

Picked up 10 wickets in 6 Vijay Hazare 2018 at low ER too.

Which is why he got a 50-over A-team call up to England.

40 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It takes a lot of first class bowling, supreme fitness to do that. He has just played 1-2 FC games, debuted this season.

The BCCI must see to it that Avesh, Prasidh,  Khaleel,  Mavi and Nagarkoti  get to play a lot of FC  games in the next 2 coming seasons.

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Dude, he is a national level sportsman. He has played U19 for India. The training is no joke. Saying something like he doesnt have the stamina is making an umbrella statement without any basis. 

You can say he lacks in experience, or he doesnt have experience to understand when to bowl fast or when to bowl slow. Or his muscles may not have developed fully to be bowling at full pace yet, throughout the day. Saying he doesnt have stamina is ignorance. The kind of training state level athletes get is phenomenal, and the international players are on a different level. 

And anyways, even in Test, you get to bowl max 4-6 overs on a trot. Its not that you have to keep bowling the entire day. And incase you are missing, the younger guys are the fittest and have the most stamina. The older guys have experience and know how to handle their body!

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

They may well be test material in the coming years. They definitely have the basics right ... pace, height, bounce, seam movement, decent accuracy. But we have to see whether they can sustain pace and intensity while bowling 20 overs a day or develop this if they can't. They have to play most FC games next season.

I think having a good yorker or slower ball do not necessarily make someone an LOI bowler. The same deliveries are used in Test cricket as well. 

And I for one believe that Test cricket is the best form of the game to make a debut in. Not any form of LOI. The batsmen do not jump at you in Test cricket. And even if you fail on the first day, you always have the 2nd day or the 2nd innings to make amends. But a bad outing in an ODI or T20 could very well mean mental disintegration and a long time scar. Not to forget, a bad innigs could break one's career entirely.

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Dude, he is a national level sportsman. He has played U19 for India. The training is no joke. Saying something like he doesnt have the stamina is making an umbrella statement without any basis. 

You can say he lacks in experience, or he doesnt have experience to understand when to bowl fast or when to bowl slow. Or his muscles may not have developed fully to be bowling at full pace yet, throughout the day. Saying he doesnt have stamina is ignorance. The kind of training state level athletes get is phenomenal, and the international players are on a different level. 

And anyways, even in Test, you get to bowl max 4-6 overs on a trot. Its not that you have to keep bowling the entire day. And incase you are missing, the younger guys are the fittest and have the most stamina. The older guys have experience and know how to handle their body!

At 20 years and specially a fast bowler... The age is such that one doesn't get tired... I don't agree that his stamina cud be less.. He has no fat on his body. 

Just now, express bowling said:

Rajpoot 2nd over

143 k

143 k

141 k ... outswinger

141 k ... edges but 4

143 k ... outswinger

139 k ...  4

This is my issue with Rajpoot.  He can bowl this pace with outswing ... but often chooses to bowl within himself.

Rajpoot looks a very mediocre bowler to me. And yet somehow I feel he is still international quality. I mean the time has changed so dramatically for India. 20 yrs ago, Pakistan used to have bowlers like Rajpoot and we used to be terrorised by such bowlers and used to think they were express pace. 

Today, even if Rajpoot bowls 140, he is garbage to us.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rajpoot 2nd over

143 k

143 k

141 k ... outswinger

141 k ... edges but 4

143 k ... outswinger

139 k ...  4

This is my issue with Rajpoot.  He can bowl this pace with outswing ... but often chooses to bowl within himself.

this over was thousand times better than avesh khan.....avesh khan needs  control......

6 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

this over was thousand times better than avesh khan.....avesh khan needs  control......

This is an absolutely different pitch. Avesh will wreak havoc on this pitch. We need more pitches like this. Don't be stupid to compare raddi delhi pitch to this beauty of a track.

10 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

At 20 years and specially a fast bowler... The age is such that one doesn't get tired... I don't agree that his stamina cud be less.. He has no fat on his body. 

At 20, genuine fast bowlers get stress fractures. It's never advised to put too much pressure on such young tearaways.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This is an absolutely different pitch. Avesh will wreak havoc on this pitch. We need more pitches like this. Don't be stupid to compare raddi delhi pitch to this beauty of a track.

swing doesn't depends upon pitch...seam movement does.....avesh was spraying the ball all over like varun aaron.....

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rajpoot 2nd over

143 k

143 k

141 k ... outswinger

141 k ... edges but 4

143 k ... outswinger

139 k ...  4

These rubbish pitches are to blame discourage because pace disappears.

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rajpoot 2nd over

143 k

143 k

141 k ... outswinger

141 k ... edges but 4

143 k ... outswinger

139 k ...  4

Strong young guy bowling within himself is hard to understand :wall: 

2 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

swing doesn't depends upon pitch...seam movement does.....avesh was spraying the ball all over like varun aaron.....

Avesh didnt spray the ball. He was bowling short, trying to bounce out rayudu. Rajpoot is getting seam of the pitch and extra bounce, not swing. This pitch as extra bounce and seam of the pitch. If Avesh got a pitch like this, he wouldn't resort to short stuff. 

7 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

and some clowns rate avesh khan above than him....outswing of rajpoot beat the edge of faf 3 times in the over.smh

rajpoot is head and shoulders ahead of avesh khan ..

avesh khan seems to be a short ball/bouncer bowling ball machine at this point , but tis still early to judge him now 

Just now, velu said:

rajpoot is head and shoulders ahead of avesh khan ..

avesh khan seems to be a short ball/bouncer bowling ball machine at this point , but tis still early to judge him now 

Two different pitches. People have no idea what they are talking about. Rajpoot too got thrashed in previous games on flat pitches.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

At 20, genuine fast bowlers get stress fractures. It's never advised to put too much pressure on such young tearaways.

Stress fracture is a result of a lot different reason, not age. And anyway, the topic is on stamina.

Guest, sign in to access all features.