Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not bad for a 30 yr old. Dont recall any other express bowler who bowled at 145 at the age of 30. Apart from Akhtar and Lee. 

As I say this, Siraj bowls at 146.6!

30 year old with average pace of 145 or the ability t crank it up that much?

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

The question is, has Umesh done enough to be considered for the English tour? What are the thoughts of others on the forum?

Not sure of this. Last time i saw him in tests, he was down on pace. Besides can he sustain the 18-20 over workload a day anymore? I think the management has to assess after IPL and what our best attack is. I think it's better we have him bowling like this for the World Cup next year and so we should probably manage his workload. Attack should be Bhuvi/Shami/Ishant/Bumrah imo since there is a lot of variety in that attack. He should be in the squad though.

Siraj was lively in his first season

...  but is bowling with genuine pace in his 2nd season.

This is a good sign. He is just 24 years old and is getting stronger and quicker.

He needs to bowl at full pace all the time. We know that he has been a top wicket taker in domestic cricket and did well in India A series.

But he does not look like a T20 bowler yet.

Needs to be tried in ODIs and then test matches.

He is tall and gets bounce.  Can seam and swing the ball. Has a good yorker and bouncer.  All big pluses.

But the key point in his case is bowling at full pace and not trying slower balls (  as he has the worst slower ball in international cricket )

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Siraj was lively in his first season

...  but is bowling with genuine pace in his 2nd season.

This is a good sign. He is just 24 years old and is getting stronger and quicker.

He needs to bowl at full pace all the time. We know that he has been a top wicket taker in domestic cricket and did well in India A series.

But he does not look like a T20 bowler yet.

Needs to be tried in ODIs and then test matches.

He is tall and gets bounce.  Can seam and swing the ball. Has a good yorker and bouncer.  All big pluses.

But the key point in his case is bowling at full pace and not trying slower balls (  as he has the worst slower ball in international cricket )

He looks mean and he is definitely sharp. A good prospect. But somehow after looking at him, I get the feel he is happy being a second fiddle and not the top guy. He needs more agression and he needs to put in a bit more.

8 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

30 year old with average pace of 145 or the ability t crank it up that much?

only one bowler in the world can bowl average pace at 145 right now and that is Starc. Even he will do only on his good days.

47 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

He looks mean and he is definitely sharp. A good prospect. But somehow after looking at him, I get the feel he is happy being a second fiddle and not the top guy. He needs more agression and he needs to put in a bit more.

Siraj is very raw and not improving as he should have.  He needs better guidance.