Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

33 minutes ago, the don said:

And yet no one in the history of Indian cricket has ever come close to bowling as fast as Wahab did in the test series vs England 

The fastest Indian bowler right now is Bumrah perhaps snd he gets upto 148 kph max.

did you watch Aaron bowling against Aus in 2014 tour? He was faster than Mitch Johnson on average.

50 minutes ago, the don said:

And yet no one in the history of Indian cricket has ever come close to bowling as fast as Wahab did in the test series vs England 

The fastest Indian bowler right now is Bumrah perhaps snd he gets upto 148 kph max.

bumrah certainly was bowling 90 miles in saf....picked up 14 wickets in 3 test matches.......wonderful!.....was 2nd highest wicket-taker in the series..with more wickets than morkel,philander etc

52 minutes ago, the don said:

aaron bowled much faster in 2014 series vs aus....average speed 144.6ks....90 miles average.......wahab riaz was bowling 87to 89 miles....

here's the video

Umesh needs to bowl with this bowling action consistently where his bowling arm stays closer to his body  in the load up. he bowled with this action before and too and was more consistent and faster but then he went back to his older action.  i had once tweeted to him too with the video when he was with Delhi about this action and he bowled 148k in that game against RR.

10 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Where are the 140 KPH shuper shtars?

In the first 3 IPL matches, only 4 Indian bowlers who have pace have played. The fastest they have clocked in 1 match each are

Umesh       149.2 k

Bumrah      146.4 k

Khejroliya  143.2 k

Shami         142.0 k

Quick bowlers of Indian origin who are yet to play are

Nagarkoti

Khaleel

Avesh

Saini

Mavi 

Thampi

Asif

Sangwan

Siraj

Aniket C

Quick Indian pacers not playing the IPL are

Aaron 

Nathu

Ishant

It is a tad difficult to bowl 140 k+ in a game without playing the game     :phehe:

8 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Bowlers that bowled clocked 140 and above more than simply once, in the PSL: (excluding foreigners)

Wahab

Amir

Hasan

Shaheen

Irshad

Irfan

Shinwari

Rahat

Sameen

Faheem

Ammad Butt

I’m probably missing some, but this is off the top of my head. 

Bowling a few 140 k + deliveries in a T20 tournament does not qualify as quick.

Quick bowlers end up bowling 135 k to 145 k or higher with 80% or more of  their non-slower deliveries.

Khejroliya needs to work on getting stronger and gain some lean muscles like Umesh, Aaron.  Right now, there is too much pressure on bones. needs to work on his forearm muscles.  it is too bony at this point.

Edited by rkt.india

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bowling a few 140 k + deliveries in a T20 tournament does not qualify as quick.

Quick bowlers end up bowling 135 k to 145 k or higher with 80% or more of  their non-slower deliveries.

Couldnt follow any of the games. How did Khejroliya look to you? Chances of him bowling 145+? And was Umesh bowling quicker than what the speed guns were showing? 

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Couldnt follow any of the games. How did Khejroliya look to you? Chances of him bowling 145+? And was Umesh bowling quicker than what the speed guns were showing? 

you can watch replay on hotstar. Khejroliya looked fine for his debut IPL game. we have seen some worse IPL debuts.

14 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Yes definitely he was quick,but initially the speed gun was not working properly as the batsmen were hurried by Umesh's pace still it was reading like 123k,124k,134,132.even Mitch Johnson looked pedestrian.However,later half of the innings witnessed proper and valid readings..

41 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Khejroliya needs to work on building rhythm while bowling his spells. He is a bit erratic in terms of ball release and speeds. ( I am saying this based on the domestic games I have seen him in too )  Also, he needs to develop a stock ball.

Umesh was bowling really quickly and the speedguns have not worked properly in all the 3 IPL matches so far.

All international pacers have clocked speeds which are much slower than their usual speeds... but clocked some quicker speeds too. Speed gun readings have been partly ok and partly lower.

Edited by express bowling

30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Khejroliya needs to work on building rhythm while bowling his spells. He is a bit erratic in terms of ball release and speeds. ( I am saying this based on the domestic games I have seen him in too )  Also, he needs to develop a stock ball.

Umesh was bowling really quickly and the speedguns have not worked properly in all the 3 IPL matches so far.

All international pacers have clocked speeds which are much slower than their usual speeds... but clocked some quicker speeds too. Speed gun readings have been partly ok and partly lower.

I think just in the name of cost cutting they are using same old speed guns used in Ranji matches.Bcci not respecting its own league..sad

2 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

aaron bowled much faster in 2014 series vs aus....average speed 144.6ks....90 miles average.......wahab riaz was bowling 87to 89 miles....

here's the video

Lol no . I posted the data in the other thread . Wahab was much faster clocking high of 156 kph .

Anyways this is not the thread for this discussion . Ill see myself out.

2 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

bumrah certainly was bowling 90 miles in saf....picked up 14 wickets in 3 test matches.......wonderful!.....was 2nd highest wicket-taker in the series..with more wickets than morkel,philander etc

Bumrah needs to be protected . He is massive for India's world cup campaign.