I was banned for minor offence says Afridi

What a facking idiot. He was lucky not to be arrested, forget about being banned :mad: KARACHI, Feb 13: Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi was disappointed that he will miss two matches of the World Cup due to the ban slapped on him by ICC for what he thought was a minor offence. "I think that ICC has banned me four matches on a minor offence which is very disappointing especially since the World Cup is so near," Afridi was quoted by The News after his arrival from South Africa. The incident happened when Afridi was walking up the stairs towards the dressing room and a spectator said something to him. This angered the player and showed the bat at the person in an aggressive manner. "The spectator made bad remarks about Pakistan and in the heat of the moment I flashed my bat but I did not intend to harm the person," said Afridi. Later, Match Referee Chris Broad found him guilty of breaching the ICC's Code of Conduct and handed him a four-match ban. Afridi said he and the team management refrained from appealing against the ban in order to make sure that he missed only two matches of the World Cup. "We thought if the appeal is rejected then I will not be able to play in four World Cup matches, which is why it was decided to accept the penalty," he said.

Re: I was banned for minor offence says Afridi

yes minor nearly criminal offences happen all the time. icc should have been more lenient. after all hes only 18 yrs old (for the 15th year straight) and exuberance of youth often gets the better of him
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: I was banned for minor offence says Afridi Nice one there dsr...i saw the interview and he said that he deserved to be banned but not for 4 games and also said that he showed the bat just to shut the guy up! Talking about the WC chances he hopes that PAK will win but the great media of year 2007 has already cooked it up and reported is as " Pakistan will definately win the world cup" Afridi.

yes minor nearly criminal offences happen all the time. icc should have been more lenient. after all hes only 18 yrs old (for the 15th year straight) and exuberance of youth often gets the better of him
Post of the day ! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Thank God , Afridi was always a hit and miss player. In this case , he missed.
Guest dada_rocks

he is lucky that guy dint sue him... otherwise we all remember the truth behind inzy's story
IF not for sachin's intervention Inzi would have very well been behind the bars in canada