Saeed Anwar

I would go so far as to say that in terms of talent, he was not far from Lara. Maybe more inconsistent. But boy, he was good. Just watching some of his old innings reminds of his greatness. His ability to manoeuver the ball. He could play all over the pitch. He was also Avery decent guy. A quiet honest cricketer. 

2 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

90-2010

Tier1 - genius without flaws - srt lara

Tier2 - genius with flaws

Punter - spin in India

Dravid, kallis the batsman - batting speed

Sanga - lack of many dominating innings against greatest attacks

Sehwag - brain

Kp - ego

Abdv - heart

Tier 3 - brilliant batsman but not genius technique

VVS inzi Anwar Yusuf Younis markwaugh...

This made me chuckle. 

Could time the pants off the ball. Him and Mark Waugh were brilliant ODI batsmen in the 96-2000 period but somehow never fulfilled their potential in test cricket. Overall I think Mark Waugh was a greater underachiever since he was at ease at against pace/bounce/spin/seam - all of it . Anwar was weak against quality spin and seam bowling 

A truly great talent, exquisite to watch. Him and Dada were great openers who never got their due respect. Anwar's square drive is a shot I would keep trying to imitate in front of the mirror as a kid, great memories.  

Very elegant to watch.

The guy used to bash us every single time and then in 2003 when he was well past his prime, came back with a huge beard and still scored a 100 against us, I figured it out that it was a lot more than just our trundlers that motivated him :)

Edited by maniac