Your pick for WC2019 semi finalists

2019 World Cup to put an end to a lot of debates regarding players and teams

I have been reading a lot of threads regarding players' level and their comparison, and also about Countries.

A big stage is just over an year away.

No one can have an excuse this time saying that X team didn't play against Y team, so XYZ batsmen was able to score, or ABC bowler was able to get wickets.

In the upcoming WC, each team has to play against all remaining 9 teams.

And no minnows (apart from Afghanistan), to increase ur stats.

No team can win a TITLE by winning just 4 matches(CT). #Pakistan 2017

No one can enter the Knock out stage by just defeating poor teams/ by fluke. #Bangladesh WC 15, CT 17

Some of the debates which could end are,

Player comparison:

1.Bumrah vs Hassan vs Fizz
2.Chahal vs Shadab vs Rashid
3.Faheem vs Pandya
4.Sarfraz vs Mushfiqur
5.Smith vs Williamson vs Root

Individual players

1.Kohli a choker
2.Bhubneshwar has improved
3.Fakhar a hack
4.Tamim the 2nd best Asian opener
5.Babar the 2nd best Asian batsman
6.Dhoni will not lose games for his team
7.Amir brings his A game when the stakes are high
8.Rohit, Amir's bunny
9.Williamson in Fab 4
10. Babar scores only against WI and SL 

Country comparison:

1.India vs Pakistan bowling attack
2.Bangladesh / Pakistan the 2nd best Asian side
3.Pakistan are strong enough to beat India (without a FLUKE)

1.Pakistan has improved in LOIs
2.BAN has improved in LOIs
3.Afghanistan has improved
4.England have the best batting line up

Note: Copied from xyz forum :p:

Eng, NZ,  Aus and India. We will somehow get to the semis but get massacred there, a red hot team will take out our team 10 times out of 10. Our middle order will be exposed next year as the worst one ever fielded by India in its entire cricketing history and sorry top 3 won't ever carry the team all the way. I predict a similar run as Brazil's 2014 FIFA WC run, huffing and puffing in the group stages aided by some luck, then getting royally phecked in the semis. The biggest ODI defeat awaits us in SF, don't know whether it will surpass the CT F massacre (biggest margin of defeat ever in a ICC final) but will still be a blowout. 

Edited by Gollum
3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Eng, NZ,  Aus and India. We will somehow get to the semis but get massacred there, a red hot team will take out our team 10 times out of 10. Our middle order will be exposed next year as the worst one ever fielded by India in its entire cricketing history and sorry top 3 won't ever carry the team all the way. I predict a similar run as Brazil's 2014 FIFA WC run, huffing and puffing in the group stages aided by some luck, then getting royally phecked in the semis. The biggest ODI defeat awaits us in SF, don't know whether it will surpass the CT F massacre (biggest margin of defeat ever in a ICC final) but will still be a blowout. 

For me beating Pakistan would do. Hope that streak doesn't get broken. 

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

From what I am hearing this 10 team decision is being discussed after seeing the Qualifying tournament

Cricket is not really that competitive a sport.   Its a very safe bet to assume that the 4 semi-finalists are most likely to be Aus, Ind, Eng, SA.  NZ has an outside chance of replacing one of these.  Pak has about a 10% chance or even lower to be honest.  

Given the format of the ODI world cup, where each team is going to play all other 9 opponents, there are lesser chances of an inconsistent team sneaking into the final 4, unless rain wreaks havoc with a whole bunch of games.   

16 hours ago, sandeep said:

Cricket is not really that competitive a sport.   Its a very safe bet to assume that the 4 semi-finalists are most likely to be Aus, Ind, Eng, SA.  NZ has an outside chance of replacing one of these.  Pak has about a 10% chance or even lower to be honest.  

Given the format of the ODI world cup, where each team is going to play all other 9 opponents, there are lesser chances of an inconsistent team sneaking into the final 4, unless rain wreaks havoc with a whole bunch of games.   

This is by far the most accurate answer you will find in this thread. 

This is my Top 4: Eng, Ind, SA and the last spot goes to NZ/AUS - simply because they decided to ban warner and smith. It will take them time to settle down once back in the team again i would assume. Without these 2, aus is nowhere close to the team it is with these 2 in it. 

Potential suprise for that 4th spot could be SriLanka/Pakistan and to lesser extent Bangladesh if all stars alligns for them.  

WI needs to figure out their sh*t before the WC and AFG is not gonna make it past the first round me thinks.

In big tourneys, Ind and Aus usually tend to play well.  If it is round robin, SA will be under relatively less pressure so could make it to the SF unless its last round robin match is like a virtual QF .... Eng is playing at home so it has advantage. NZ tends to do well in Eng 

Not following much of Pak, BD, and SL, so don’t know how they will shape up. WI are mercurial