10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid

DesiChap

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid good stuff :lol: and i thought at 1 point of time that he wasnt good enuff for One day cricket a real genius, the way he has changed his game. Thats the difference between dravid and laxman. laxman was def more talented, atleast acc to me.. now, 1 is not going to the WC, 1 is captain of the team in both forms of the game.

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid :hail::hail::hail:

good stuff :lol: and i thought at 1 point of time that he wasnt good enuff for One day cricket a real genius, the way he has changed his game. Thats the difference between dravid and laxman. laxman was def more talented, atleast acc to me.. now, 1 is not going to the WC, 1 is captain of the team in both forms of the game.
where did laxman come in this thread? the guy has given more to indian cricket than many. that 281 alone deserves a standing ovation for generations to come. yes, we are talking ODIs here. but we are talking dravid and his 10k.

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid

good stuff :lol: and i thought at 1 point of time that he wasnt good enuff for One day cricket a real genius, the way he has changed his game. Thats the difference between dravid and laxman. laxman was def more talented, atleast acc to me.. now, 1 is not going to the WC, 1 is captain of the team in both forms of the game.
where did laxman come in this thread? the guy has given more to indian cricket than many. that 281 alone deserves a standing ovation for generations to come. yes, we are talking ODIs here. but we are talking dravid and his 10k.
when i was a kid, i used to think of dravid and laxman as similar players... years down the line, i can see a player who changed and adopted his game. i agree, laxman is a great player, and has given so much to indian cricket. but if only he wouldve worked on his game, and become a good ODI player too.. i feel sad for him.. ALL that talent, and he isnt in the team... :roll: anyways, forget about that, i probably shudnt have brought it up... this thread is about dravid, and his 10K runs in odi cricket. congrats skippa :hmph:

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid The 10,000 club, and the number of ODIs they needed to get there Batsman Innings Runs Average 100s/ 50s Sachin Tendulkar 259 10,105 42.63 28/ 50 Sourav Ganguly 263 10,018 41.22 22/ 60 Brian Lara 278 10,019 40.56 19/ 61 Rahul Dravid 287 10,044 39.08 12/ 77 Inzamam-ul-Haq 299 10,018 38.98 10/ 70 Sanath Jayasuriya 328 10.057 32.13 18/ 58

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid

The 10,000 club, and the number of ODIs they needed to get there Batsman Innings Runs Average 100s/ 50s Sachin Tendulkar 259 10,105 42.63 28/ 50 Sourav Ganguly 263 10,018 41.22 22/ 60 Brian Lara 278 10,019 40.56 19/ 61 Rahul Dravid 287 10,044 39.08 12/ 77 Inzamam-ul-Haq 299 10,018 38.98 10/ 70 Sanath Jayasuriya 328 10.057 32.13 18/ 58
interesting to note the 100s+50s for the above at that stage: Dravid 89 Ganguly 82 Lara 80 Inzy 80 SRT 78 Jaya 76 Does this mean anything?

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid it means two things Dravid and Inzy bat in middle order and hence dont have to face new ball...they knock around for singles and twos.. whereas Jaya, SRT open the inning and greater chances for them to score hundred but also same probability to get out on low score trying to hit out for boundaries or due to seam/swing...

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid hahaha, 10k. I remember when i was in India back in '97; me and all my buddies hated "tuk-tuk" Dravid and were glad after he was dropped from the ODI side. If someone would have told us that he would score 10k and play 300 ODI's, we would have told that person to take a hike. What a turnaround it's been, eh ? After top scoring at the 1999 WC, he's never looked back. Hats off to you, skipper ! Now I wouldn't trade the Wall for any other middle order batsman in the world. 56020.jpg

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid same feelings Predator.. I remember very vividly in one of the semifinal games in Champions Trophy ( I thnk first one) we were playing West Indies..we won the toss and were batting first...Those days we relied heavily on SRT and Ganguly. Dravid comes 1 down after lose of Ganguly...He plays out two quiet overs and bowler was freaking Reon King..and that too he was very new to the cricket...this made SRT very impatient and he threw away his wicket and that was game set and match to windies... I was really really really pissed at Dravid...and thought him to be useless batter much like kaif..

Re: 10K 1-day Runs for Rahul Dravid His upturn in ODIs started since the time he scored 2 back to back hundreds in test match in 1998 in NZ. Then he backed it up with a ODI 100 in the ODI series that followed the test series. Since then he has not had to look back. Excellent stuff :hail::hail::hail: 10K in ODIs @ 40 is a fantastic achievement.