Are you planning to attend IPL matches?

Trichromatic

Not worth it for me because it takes more than an  hour to reach the ground. Then stand for two hours in queue outside the stadium. Make another hour of journey on way back home. So almost 5 hours of wasted time for watching 3 hours of  batsmen friendly cricket. Pointless for me. Rather prefer watching the 3 hours of cricket on TV. Have been for tests though few times.

7 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Not worth it for me because it takes more than an  hour to reach the ground. Then stand for two hours in queue outside the stadium. Make another hour of journey on way back home. So almost 5 hours of wasted time for watching 3 hours of  batsmen friendly cricket. Pointless for me. Rather prefer watching the 3 hours of cricket on TV. Have been for tests though few times.

Where are you?

That's why I prefer to reach around 8 PM when there isn't long queue. It results in missing 2-3 overs, but saves lot of time.

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Where are you?

That's why I prefer to reach around 8 PM when there isn't long queue. It results in missing 2-3 overs, but saves lot of time.

Still i don't find it worth to waste 5 hours to watch just 3 hours of cricket. I even avoid test matches due to this time waste factor due to travel + long queue. In fact i have only watched 2 test matches and one warm-up. After a hectic week at work, spending 5 hours just like that in travel and queues on weekend is something i would try to avoid more often than not.

Personally i played 40 overs cricket as well as lot of 20 over cricket. So i don't hate the manifestations of the cricketing formats and it was very easy for me to accept it rather than cringe about the T20 like some other fans. But have toiled enough under the sun playing cricket, now is the time to sit in comfort of the home and watch. Arm chair fan.