'Vested Interest Of The Congress' :Remnants of Indira Gandhi's autocratic style

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
Some references used by VOD in the Tippu article : 1. Malabar Manual of William Logan published over a hundred years ago. William Logan was Collector of Malabar and worked in various capacities for over twenty years in Kerala, before 1886. Edited by Dr. C.K. Kareem himself a Muslim, and published by the Charitram Publications of Trivandrum with the assistance of Kerala and Cochin universities, 2.Historical Sketches of Col. Wilks, 3. Voyage to East Indies of Fra Bartolomaeo, 4.histories of Kerala written by K.P. Padmanabha Menon and Sardar K.M. Panicker 5 historical research papers of Elamkulam Kunjan Pillai, 6. official reports of the English Company, 7. the records of Chirackal, Zamorin and Palghat royal families besides those from Trichur, Guruvayoor, Thirunavaya and Perumanam temples My question to you is ... how are these sources related to VOD or RSS and why are these sources wrong in what they are saying.
Because it shows these people mirror:hysterical: and yes Praveen Togadia stood their with a trishul in his hand under this threat for life Toipu Sultan had to write those letters and go on the rampage killing hindus..

Guest dada_rocks

Look at these people's psyche congress openly does what is not wararnted but their defence is BJP will ( yes future tense) do the same hence congress is justified.. I gues this is beyond pathetic:D.. They are obllivious of the fact that BJP ruled thrid front ruled andnone fo them indulged into any of these in past.. :haha:

Guest dada_rocks

As BB pointed actually Hyder Ali father of this git Tipu sultan had the endorsement of Purnaiya in overthrowing the Wodeyar king. So obviously he was not your strongent hindu espousing character else Hyder Ali won't have gotten support against the incumbent of throne who was stanuch hindu worshipper of deity in Srinrangaptaam. HE changed his views about this clown Tipu because he turned anti-hindu unlike his father. Sources says he even attempted to convert Purnaiya too but his mother warned him against it. Went on to killing rampage of hindus so much so even today there are villages who mourn Dipawali day becaeu tipu chose those occassion to kill those villagers. Suddenly this clown in face of larger threat of british power attempts reconcilation across religious boundayr and hence he must be worshipped as secular messiah.. BTW characters here who toe this line wud like Bal Thackerey roasted for his legitmate grievance espoused through illegitimate methods of past his subsequent change of method couple of decades back without any external threat ala east india company in case of tipu notwitstanding. Hypocrisy of characters like KR knows no bounds I guess.

Purnaiya was one of the most learned person of his time
Source ? What was his qualifications/education level ?
he didn't do anything of that sort when Tipu Sultan's father was in charge despite him too being an usurper of the throne of hindu king..
So ? Maybe he didn't do it in Hyder Ali's case is because the Brits wern't poised to take over in his time like they were in his son's time. Maybe this Brahmin didn't see the proper opportunity to betray his king in Hyder's case. Your entire case is based on conjencture and speculation...which suits you but has no place in a historic discussion.
Sources says he even attempted to convert Purnaiya too but his mother warned him against it.
What sources and what is their validity ?!? Or is this yet another myth-building of Indian history,given that half our ancient history is largely myths and exgaggerations ?
Bal Thackerey roasted for his legitmate grievance espoused
Balasaheb has no legit greivance. He is not only a hindu fanatic, he is also a regionalist fanatic. Faster he dies the better for INdia.

Some references used by VOD in the Tippu article http://voiceofdharma.org/books/tipu/ch04.htm 1. Malabar Manual by William Logan (Printed and published by Charitram Publications under the editorship of Dr. C.K, Kareem, Trivandrum). 2. Voyage to East Indies by Fra Bartolomaeo (Portuguese Traveller and Historian). 3. Historical Sketches by Col. Wilks, Vol. II. 4. A Journey from Madras through the counties of Mysore, Canara and Malabar by Dr. Francis Buchanan Hamilton, Vol. II. 5. Mysore History by Lewis Rice. 6. Selected Letters of Tipu Sultan to various Functionaries by William Kirkpatrick, published in London, 1811. 7. History of Kerala by A. Sreedhara Menon. 8. History of Cochin State by K.P. Padmanabha Menon, Mathrubhoomi Publication, 1989. 9. Cochin State Manual by C. Achuta Menon. 10. State Manual of Travancore by T.K. Velu Pillai. 11. Freedom Struggle in Kerala by Sardar K.M. Panicker. 12. Sakthan Thampuran by P. Raman Menon, Mathrubhoomi Publication, 1989. 13. Life of Raja Kesavadas by V.R. Parameswaran Pillai, N.B.S. Publications, Kottayam, 1973. 14. Chronicles and Reports originating from Trippunithura, Calicut, Palghat and other seats of Kerala Royal families and from Temples of Trichur and Carmichael Christian Mission, Varappuzha. 15. Bhasha Poshini of Chingam 10, 1099 (August, 1923), Article on Tipu Sultan by Sardar K.M. Panicker. 16. Malabar Kalapam of 1921 by K. Madhavan Nair. 17. Travancore History by P. Sankrunni Menon. 18. Tipu Sultan X-rayed by Dr. I.M. Muthanna, Usha Press, Mysore 1980. 19. Archeology of Coorg with special reference to Megaliths by Dr. Subbiah of Karnataka, Doctoral Thesis, Pune University, 1978. 20. Itihas Ani Kalpit (History and Myth) by Setu Madhavrao Pagdi. 21. Articles, literary works etc. of Elamkulam Kunjan Pillai, Ulloor S. Parameswara Iyer, Vadakkumkoor Raja Raja Varma, and Shri Govinda Pillai. 22. Mappila Outrage of 1921 by K. Madhavan Nair. 23. Zamorins in Kerala by K.V. Krishna Iyer. 24. Tipu Sultan by B.N. Jog My question to you is ... how are these sources related to VOD or RSS and why are these sources wrong in what they are saying.
Good to see you back and posting. Now, I see that you are quick to defend DR's claim about Tipu , yet choose to be surprisingly mum when both Sandy and DR have shown a penchant to support a known South Indian hater like Thackeray . Why the double standards mate ?

Guest dada_rocks
Good to see you back and posting. Now' date=' I see that you are quick to defend DR's claim about Tipu , yet choose to be surprisingly mum when both Sandy and DR have shown a penchant to support a known South Indian hater like Thackeray . Why the double standards mate ?[/quote'] Double standard prase from someone who wud give Tipu sultan epithet of secula massiha and roast Bal Thackrey sounds hypocritically weird.. And for zillionht time he doesn't hate south norht indian albeit does have legitimate grievance of people changing the demography of Mumbai through mass-migration..It's political issue and govt of India needs to address it by equally distributing the federal sops all over india so that people don't get attracted to one place..

Double standard prase from someone who wud give Tipu sultan epithet of secula massiha and roast Bal Thackrey sounds hypocritically weird.. And for zillionht time he doesn't hate south norht indian albeit does have legitimate grievance of people changing the demography of Mumbai through mass-migration..It's political issue and govt of India needs to address it by equally distributing the federal sops all over india so that people don't get attracted to one place..
STFU moron ! Shiv Sena thugs under direct instructions from Balasaheb roughed up South Indians whether it was the poor hotelier operating Udupi chain or the day laborers from Bijapur. He fondly called South Indians " Lungiwallas" and targeted them when ever ,where ever possible .In those years, many jobs were going to migrants from south India and these thugs from Sena picked up this issue. Its slogan -- 'lungi hatao pungi bajao' -- caught the imagination of Maharashtrian youth who flocked to its flag in huge numbers. What Raj is doing now is a walk in the park compared to some of the atrocities committed by Sena during Thackerey reign in the 70's.

Some references used by VOD in the Tippu article http://voiceofdharma.org/books/tipu/ch04.htm 1. Malabar Manual by William Logan (Printed and published by Charitram Publications under the editorship of Dr. C.K, Kareem, Trivandrum). 2. Voyage to East Indies by Fra Bartolomaeo (Portuguese Traveller and Historian). 3. Historical Sketches by Col. Wilks, Vol. II. 4. A Journey from Madras through the counties of Mysore, Canara and Malabar by Dr. Francis Buchanan Hamilton, Vol. II. 5. Mysore History by Lewis Rice. 6. Selected Letters of Tipu Sultan to various Functionaries by William Kirkpatrick, published in London, 1811. 7. History of Kerala by A. Sreedhara Menon. 8. History of Cochin State by K.P. Padmanabha Menon, Mathrubhoomi Publication, 1989. 9. Cochin State Manual by C. Achuta Menon. 10. State Manual of Travancore by T.K. Velu Pillai. 11. Freedom Struggle in Kerala by Sardar K.M. Panicker. 12. Sakthan Thampuran by P. Raman Menon, Mathrubhoomi Publication, 1989. 13. Life of Raja Kesavadas by V.R. Parameswaran Pillai, N.B.S. Publications, Kottayam, 1973. 14. Chronicles and Reports originating from Trippunithura, Calicut, Palghat and other seats of Kerala Royal families and from Temples of Trichur and Carmichael Christian Mission, Varappuzha. 15. Bhasha Poshini of Chingam 10, 1099 (August, 1923), Article on Tipu Sultan by Sardar K.M. Panicker. 16. Malabar Kalapam of 1921 by K. Madhavan Nair. 17. Travancore History by P. Sankrunni Menon. 18. Tipu Sultan X-rayed by Dr. I.M. Muthanna, Usha Press, Mysore 1980. 19. Archeology of Coorg with special reference to Megaliths by Dr. Subbiah of Karnataka, Doctoral Thesis, Pune University, 1978. 20. Itihas Ani Kalpit (History and Myth) by Setu Madhavrao Pagdi. 21. Articles, literary works etc. of Elamkulam Kunjan Pillai, Ulloor S. Parameswara Iyer, Vadakkumkoor Raja Raja Varma, and Shri Govinda Pillai. 22. Mappila Outrage of 1921 by K. Madhavan Nair. 23. Zamorins in Kerala by K.V. Krishna Iyer. 24. Tipu Sultan by B.N. Jog My question to you is ... how are these sources related to VOD or RSS and why are these sources wrong in what they are saying.
Tell me one good reason why I should believe this version. Like I said before , when I visit http://www.tipusultan.org, I get a totally different picture. Even the fore mention suicide of the 3000 brahmins which you had alluded to earlier is debunked here. So , I honestly don't know which version to believe. But , I have seen with my own very eyes , some of his secular works, which include but limited to building temples in Srirangpatnam , Mysore and so on. Disputed legacy is what I guess we all can agree upon....

Some good references there BB..:two_thumbs_up: @OP Nepotism, favoratism is not something new with Congressis, in fact Congress has become more open while doing this. Recently, IBN hindu bashers and other assorted p-sec scumbags who toe the line of Congressis were rewarded with Padmashree awards. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=88565

Guest dada_rocks
Tell me one good reason why I should believe this version. Like I said before ' date=' when I visit [url']http://www.tipusultan.org, I get a totally different picture. Even the fore mention suicide of the 3000 brahmins which you had alluded to earlier is debunked here. So , I honestly don't know which version to believe. But , I have seen with my own very eyes , some of his secular works, which include but limited to building temples in Srirangpatnam , Mysore and so on. Disputed legacy is what I guess we all can agree upon....
There is no question of version in crusades and crusading letters penned by the devil i.e Tipu himself.. PS: given how naive u have gotten suddenly and get historical information from eupoligy on tipsultan.org website why don't u go to gujarat govt page for getting information about Modi.. :D.. little consistency I am seekign that's all

There is no question of version in crusades and crusading letters penned by the devil i.e Tipu himself.. PS: given how naive u have gotten suddenly and get historical information from eupoligy on tipsultan.org website why don't u go to gujarat govt page for getting information about Modi.. :D.. little consistency I am seekign that's all
Are you a resident historian , fool . My question was directed to BB , not you .... Also, their are references in this site just like what BB provided from Voice of Dharma. You are the biggest idiot of ICF , so I suggest that you STFU !:D

Ok KR ... heres a humungous collection of letters from your hero himself ... http://persian.packhum.org/persian/main?url=pf%3Ffile%3D21201010%26ct%3D0 and heres one random letter http://persian.packhum.org/persian/main?url=pf%3Ffile%3D21201010%26ct%3D0 Any doubts ?
Right back to you , mate. You can't pick and choose your villains at your convenience . First comment on Senior Thackeray which you have chosen to conveniently ignore time and again, then I will comment on this topic. I will make it real simple for you . 1. You know that Thackeray Senior orchestrated attacks against South Indians especially kannadigas during the 70's akin to what Raj is doing to North Indians now., I have criticized Raj for his cowardly tactics aimed at North Indians. Sandy and DR , criticize only Raj and praise Balasaheb for his benevolence. I find it absurd and frankly disturbing . Me feels , that they don't care about our plight . 2. Would you stand up and criticize them(Sandy and DR) for their callous attitude towards the plight of South Indians who had to bear the brunt of Sena attack and for their inability to criticize Sena and it's leader.

I have already told you in the past more than once that I am no fan of any Thackeray and IIRC have never defended him for the simple reason that I dont follow Mumbai politics closely .... Yes he is a petty politician and not a saint ... far from that ... but if you are trying to telling me that he committed attrocities on the scale of a Tippu then thats got to be pretty hilarious ...... for I see no reason why you are dragging BT&Co in a debate on Tippu. Also I dont think anyone is considering the Thackerays as National heroes unlike you and plenty of Secularists nor is there a tele-serial made on those guys.
I find it rather strange that you choose to butt in when I was having a discussion with DR about Tipu, but conveniently ignore the fact that these two samples(DR and Sandy) started eulogizing Thackeray senior. Why is it so difficult for you criticize your fellow Hindutvas Sandy and DR for their callousness towards South Indians. I have been telling them repeatedly to stop eulogizing Thackeray because he committed the same atrocities which Raj is indulging now. Same act , different players , different day that's all. But they selectively choose to ignore Balasaheb's crimes and criticize only Raj Thackeray . I support their condemnation of Raj , but want them to a) Stop eulogizing Thackeray Sr, because he is guilty of the same charge as Raj. b) Start criticizing Thackeray Sr along the same lines as Raj . Do you agree with me on a) and b).

I find it rather strange that you choose to butt in when I was having a discussion with DR about Tipu, but conveniently ignore the fact that these two samples(DR and Sandy) started eulogizing Thackeray senior. Why is it so difficult for you criticize your fellow Hindutvas Sandy and DR for their callousness towards South Indians. I have been telling them repeatedly to stop eulogizing Thackeray because he committed the same atrocities which Raj is indulging now. Same act , different players , different day that's all. But they selectively choose to ignore Balasaheb's crimes and criticize only Raj Thackeray . I support their condemnation of Raj , but want them to a) Stop eulogizing Thackeray Sr, because he is guilty of the same charge as Raj. b) Start criticizing Thackeray Sr along the same lines as Raj . Do you agree with me on a) and b).
KUMBLE_ROCKS You have already been told about this in previous thread, but not surprising that you are conveniently ignoring it and instead cajoling Bheem to toe your line by stirring regional sentiments through your Karnataka chants...and we not supporting South yada yada, what a lie!!! You sir, answer this for the last time or stop making baseless allegations-- (1) When did Balasaheb attacked Kannadigas??? -- last I heard is Kannadigas are More close to Maharshtrians than anyone else, in fact Karnataka has a good number of Marathi population and as far as I know many Kannadigas and Mangloreans speak Marathi and find cultural similiarity with each other. So why you are trying to divide marathis and Kannadigas??...are you a Paki agent??:nervous: (2) I am telling you 5th time...during Mumbai riots, which I have seen it all -- Balasaheb openly, without fear iof anyone rushed Shivsainiks to protect Hindus -- ALL Hindus including North and South Indians living in those Ummah dominated areas, from the wrath of armed ROPers. Will YOU appreciate Balasaheb Thackeray for this?? If not then may I term you as Hindu-hater, who as NO CARE for MARATHIS as well?? PS: I will openly and unequivocally condemn Balasaheb if at all there was any mass scale oppression of any Hindu including Kannadigas. But first you have to prove Kannadigas were oppressed by Balasaheb.

Two things ... 1. I dont need your permission to post in a thread just as you dont need mine .... 2. We have been having this discussion on Tippu since God knows when. because Iam not following that discussion and DR & Sandy post on their own and its your battle. This is not a popularity contest. Like I said ... I dont know anything about this Thackeray bussiness as I am interested in bigger fish :D .... but Iam willing to take your word. But pls tell me that you dont see the diff between you & most of the SEcular crowd treating Tippu as a hero vs DR & Sandy on the Thackerays.
Arey baba , I have already conceded that his legacy is disputed . It's not that I have any particular like or dislike for Tipu. Now, I want to investigate upon more independent sources before I come to any conclusion.

KUMBLE_ROCKS You have already been told about this in previous thread, but not surprising that you are conveniently ignoring it and instead cajoling Bheem to toe your line by stirring regional sentiments through your Karnataka chants...and we not supporting South yada yada, what a lie!!! You sir, answer this for the last time or stop making baseless allegations-- (1) When did Balasaheb attacked Kannadigas??? -- last I heard is Kannadigas are More close to Maharshtrians than anyone else, in fact Karnataka has a good number of Marathi population and as far as I know many Kannadigas and Mangloreans speak Marathi and find cultural similiarity with each other. So why you are trying to divide marathis and Kannadigas??...are you a Paki agent??:nervous: (2) I am telling you 5th time...during Mumbai riots, which I have seen it all -- Balasaheb openly, without fear iof anyone rushed Shivsainiks to protect Hindus -- ALL Hindus including North and South Indians living in those Ummah dominated areas, from the wrath of armed ROPers. Will YOU appreciate Balasaheb Thackeray for this?? If not then may I term you as Hindu-hater, who as NO CARE for MARATHIS as well?? PS: I will openly and unequivocally condemn Balasaheb if at all there was any mass scale oppression of any Hindu including Kannadigas. But first you have to prove Kannadigas were oppressed by Balasaheb.
Boy , you are shameless individual. It's thackeray Sr not me , who has brought regional feelings and not me into the equation. And you are the biggest idiot in ICF , if you think that Thackeray has not instigated attacks against South Indians especially kannadigas with whom he had a special axe to grind considering the fact that he is deeply passionate about Belgaum issue. I have already provided enough proof about his atrocities against South Indians. Here is a simple exercise for you , go and google like you always do. You will get your answers. Even BB has acknowledged the fact that Thackeray Senior has been hostile towards Kannadigas. I have spent my childhood in Mumbai when his thugs used to routinely beat up Udupi restaurant workers or day laborers from Bijapapur. Looks like your knowledge about South India is surprisingly limited. Get your facts in order first before you eulogize this monster. He still hasn't apologized for his actions against South Indians nor faced jail time. And here you are eulogizing this particular individual who is guilty of the very same charge you are alleging against Raj Thackeray. And still no criticism from you yet . You need to drop your Hindutva facade from now on.

Boy ' date= you are shameless individual. It's thackeray Sr not me , who has brought regional feelings and not me into the equation. And you are the biggest idiot in ICF , if you think that Thackeray has not instigated attacks against South Indians especially kannadigas with whom he had a special axe to grind considering the fact that he is deeply passionate about Belgaum issue. I have already provided enough proof about his atrocities against South Indians. Here is a simple exercise for you , go and google like you always do. You will get your answers. Even BB has acknowledged the fact that Thackeray Senior has been hostile towards Kannadigas. I have spent my childhood in Mumbai when his thugs used to routinely beat up Udupi restaurant workers or day laborers from Bijapapur. Looks like your knowledge about South India is surprisingly limited. Get your facts in order first before you eulogize this monster. He still hasn't apologized for his actions against South Indians nor faced jail time. And here you are eulogizing this particular individual who is guilty of the very same charge you are alleging against Raj Thackeray. And still no criticism from you yet . You need to drop your Hindutva facade from now on.
Shameless?? for what?? Firstly, YOU raked-up the issue of Balasaheb and South Indians in Mumbai and THEN you are asking everyone here to google and find the source?? How convenient?? I am saying it one again for nth time that Everyonme, Including myself WILL condemnn Balasaheb if there was any mass-scale atrocities against fellow Hindus which 2-bit p-sec itellectuals like you are trying to paint as if it was at the scale of Islamic invaders. Anyway, before you spew another garbage of Semantics I WILL CONDEMN BALASAHEB AS WELL if Kumble_rocks provide legitimate sources since he raked up this issue in a thread not meant for that purpose. Now Kumble_rocks -- Will You appreciate Balasaheb for protecting ALL Hindus (including north and south Indians) during Mumbai Riots?? Straight -- (1) YES or (2) NO ?? will do, no further semantics please.

Shameless?? for what?? Firstly, YOU raked-up the issue of Balasaheb and South Indians in Mumbai and THEN you are asking everyone here to google and find the source?? How convenient?? I am saying it one again for nth time that Everyonme, Including myself WILL condemnn Balasaheb if there was any mass-scale atrocities against fellow Hindus which 2-bit p-sec itellectuals like you are trying to paint as if it was at the scale of Islamic invaders. Anyway, before you spew another garbage of Semantics I WILL CONDEMN BALASAHEB AS WELL if Kumble_rocks provide legitimate sources since he raked up this issue in a thread not meant for that purpose. Now Kumble_rocks -- Will You appreciate Balasaheb for protecting ALL Hindus (including north and south Indians) during Mumbai Riots?? Straight -- (1) YES or (2) NO ?? will do, no further semantics please.
Boy you certainly are a thick individual . Enough of spoon speeding from my side . Here is how the story goes - You started a thread criticizing Raj Thackeray for his atrocities against North Indians and rightly so.But , in your usual retarded way , you started eulogizing Balasaheb about how great he is and what not. I then took the liberty of pointing out to you some poignant facts about Balasaheb and asked you to stop eulogizing him but rather condemn him just like the way you condemned Raj Thackeray.Simply because he is guilty of the very same charge which you allege against Raj thackeray . Only difference , he targeted South Indians where as his nephew targeted North Indians . I am still waiting for the criticism . For the Zillionth time , r u gonna criticize Thackeray senior or not ? . In fact , the only thing you can accuse me of is probably I gave you too much credit for intelligence . You are naive individual , if you think that Balasaheb did not target South Indians.

You need a forensic expert that can invalidate letters written by Tippu himself ... :haha: and heres a tidbit about Packhard Humanities : Too bad they dont have any connections to RSS BJP or anyone in India for that matter ... :P
Why is it that Tipu interests you so much whereas the fact that Sandy Bhaiya is choosing to ignore atrocities committed by Balasaheb against us doesn't bother you ?