Kathua rape-murder: Lawyers stop police from filing chargesheet

Gollum

Incredibly distressing news. A few days ago an 8 year old girl was raped, tortured and killed. She was a Muslim girl from the nomad community near Jammu, main accused are Hindus who apparently wanted to instill fear in the minds of the local Muslims. She was kidnapped, kept in captivity for a few days and tortured and killed in the most brutal fashion. Don't want to get into the gory details but the torture was as savage as Nirbhaya and Kamduni cases. Worst thing is this ghastly crime was committed in a temple by the savages, ultimate act of evil in the House of God. Now Hindus in the Jammu area are calling for bandh, lawyers aren't allowing police to file chargesheet, BJP and Hindutva outfits are trying to communalize the incident for polarization. National flag is being used in support of these accused, a few were even wrapped in the tricolour:facepalm:, isn't this sedition? FFS an 8 year old innocent girl has gone through torture which even the worst criminal doesn't deserve, don't these mofos have any humanity left? What beti bachao, in UP the father of a rape victim was killed by the police at the behest of a BJP MLA, here BJP supporters aren't even condemning the Jammu rape case, in stead spinning whattaboutery and some even celebrating. Shambles. Hope there is a proper trial and justice is given to the girl's family, anything less than capital punishment for the perpetrators will be a mockery of Indian judicial system. The men who committed this barbaric act shouldn't hide behind religion or patriotism, they are evil scum and political support for rapists is cringe worthy. Hate Hindutva outfits who are using a twisted version of Hinduism for their own benefit and to satisfy their collective blood lust, it is nothing but an outlet for their pent up anger and hatred. GOI can not downplay the threats posed by outfits like Hindu Ekta Manch, Hindu Samhati and the various senas and dals that are in the news for all wrong reasons. Rape and murder has always been a problem but 1st time in India I am seeing rapists being treated like heroes. Rant over, prayers for Ashifa and hope good sense prevails. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jammu/kathua-rape-murder-lawyers-stop-police-from-filing-chargesheet/articleshow/63689013.cms

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/kathua-rape-murder-chargesheet-filed-against-seven-amid-protests-by-lawyers-5131012/

18 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Disgusting. Sickening.

If these extremists want to instill fear, why attack kids you cowardly b@stards.

Actually the rape/murder isn't even the scariest part. Many women/girls are raped and killed in India every day, this is the natural state of our sick, depraved society. What hurts me is the aftermath of this tragedy: Lawyers supporting the accused, Hindutva outfits wrapping national flag on them, keyboard warriors expressing glee over the incident on social media, extreme right wing outfits trying to polarize the atmosphere for political benefit etc. Crime against women and children is common place in our society but basic decency would be to feel remorse/sorrow and conduct a proper trial so that the perpetrators are given max punishment, certainly glorifying the violent barbarians behind this act is shocking. I understand we are a 3rd world country, but we should try to get better by the day so that we can eventually reach 1st world standards, but instead we are going further back towards medieval era. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Actually the rape/murder isn't even the scariest part. Many women/girls are raped and killed in India every day, this is the natural state of our sick, depraved society. What hurts me is the aftermath of this tragedy: Lawyers supporting the accused, Hindutva outfits wrapping national flag on them, keyboard warriors expressing glee over the incident on social media, extreme right wing outfits trying to polarize the atmosphere for political benefit etc. Crime against women and children is common place in our society but basic decency would be to feel remorse/sorrow and conduct a proper trial so that the perpetrators are given max punishment, certainly glorifying the violent barbarians behind this act is shocking. I understand we are a 3rd world country, but we should try to get better by the day so that we can eventually reach 1st world standards, but instead we are going further back towards medieval era. 

Vilander was right after all

The accused must be harshly punished.  A kid was raped & brutally killed, atleast some kind of decency is expected from all people who are part of judicial & govt machinery. Politics based on this incident is absolutely unnecessary. 
Punish the damn perpetrators & justice be served.

Child molestors & murderers do not deserve a trial. A public execution is the best form of pubishment.

18 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

I too condemn such incidents but you are indirectly maligning India. I have a problem with that 

I am not maligning India, it is a duty of us citizens to condemn wrongs. She is a child of India, just like Jyoti Singh was, just like Shipra Ghosh was, just like Suzette Jordan was. It doesn't matter what her religion/caste is or which part of India she belongs, our society must take a stand simply because it is the right thing to do, all of us have mothers/sisters/wives/daughters,  we must raise our voice for the sake of all the women we love. This shouldn't even have been news because such things happen every day in some part of the country, it is what has happened in the aftermath that is infuriating. I made threads/posts on this very forum when TMC govt tried to scuttle the Park Street and Kamduni cases and when the Nirbhaya juvenile rapist was allowed to walk free,  I will raise my voice even if my favourite person in the world supports such acts or takes the side of the perpetrators. 

I read about the incident a few days back but made a thread today because the bandh and behaviour of lawyers made me angry. In Assam a guy called Razzaq  raped and burnt alive a class 5 school girl, I didn't make a thread because nobody from his community took out rallies to support him or placed national flag over him, he was arrested by the Assam police and the govt has hired the best lawyers to support the victim's poor parents. 

Edited by Gollum

3 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Child molestors & murderers do not deserve a trial. A public execution is the best form of pubishment.

Everybody deserves a trial because it is very easy for police and administrators to fix some innocent guys to protect the actual perpetrators. This is especially true in our part of the world where so many innocents are framed for crimes they never committed. But IMO once the guilty have been convicted there should be no mercy, capital punishment is desirable in case of violence against women and children. 

Everybody deserves a trial because it is very easy for police and administrators to fix some innocent guys to protect the actual perpetrators. This is especially true in our part of the world where so many innocents are framed for crimes they never committed. But IMO once the guilty have been convicted there should be no mercy, capital punishment is desirable in case of violence against women and children. 

I should have said once proven with DNA testing

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I am not maligning India, it is a duty of us citizens to condemn wrongs. She is a child of India, just like Jyoti Singh was, just like Shipra Ghosh was, just like Suzette Jordan was. It doesn't matter what her religion/caste is or which part of India she belongs, our society must take a stand simply because it is the right thing to do, all of us have mothers/sisters/wives/daughters,  we must raise our voice for the sake of all the women we love. This shouldn't even have been news because such things happen every day in some part of the country, it is what has happened in the aftermath that is infuriating. I made threads/posts on this very forum when TMC govt tried to scuttle the Park Street and Kamduni cases and when the Nirbhaya juvenile rapist was allowed to walk free,  I will raise my voice even if my favourite person in the world supports such acts or takes the side of the perpetrators. 

I read about the incident a few days back but made a thread today because the bandh and behaviour of lawyers made me angry. In Assam a guy called Razzaq  raped and burnt alive a class 5 school girl, I didn't make a thread because nobody from his community took out rallies to support him or placed national flag over him, he was arrested by the Assam police and the govt has hired the best lawyers to support the victim's poor parents. 

Bro, the article clearly says that the protest was done by fellow lawyers from Bar association. Now paid media is trying to give it a communal color. You too are getting swayed by it. If you know such protests are common in Bar association. They can stoop down to any level to protect their fellow advocates. What has Hinduism got to do with it?  

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Incredibly distressing news. A few days ago an 8 year old girl was raped, tortured and killed. She was a Muslim girl from the nomad community near Jammu, main accused are Hindus who apparently wanted to instill fear in the minds of the local Muslims. She was kidnapped, kept in captivity for a few days and tortured and killed in the most brutal fashion. Don't want to get into the gory details but the torture was as savage as Nirbhaya and Kamduni cases. Worst thing is this ghastly crime was committed in a temple by the savages, ultimate act of evil in the House of God. Now Hindus in the Jammu area are calling for bandh, lawyers aren't allowing police to file chargesheet, BJP and Hindutva outfits are trying to communalize the incident for polarization. National flag is being used in support of these accused, a few were even wrapped in the tricolour:facepalm:, isn't this sedition? FFS an 8 year old innocent girl has gone through torture which even the worst criminal doesn't deserve, don't these mofos have any humanity left? What beti bachao, in UP the father of a rape victim was killed by the police at the behest of a BJP MLA, here BJP supporters aren't even condemning the Jammu rape case, in stead spinning whattaboutery and some even celebrating. Shambles. Hope there is a proper trial and justice is given to the girl's family, anything less than capital punishment for the perpetrators will be a mockery of Indian judicial system. The men who committed this barbaric act shouldn't hide behind religion or patriotism, they are evil scum and political support for rapists is cringe worthy. Hate Hindutva outfits who are using a twisted version of Hinduism for their own benefit and to satisfy their collective blood lust, it is nothing but an outlet for their pent up anger and hatred. GOI can not downplay the threats posed by outfits like Hindu Ekta Manch, Hindu Samhati and the various senas and dals that are in the news for all wrong reasons. Rape and murder has always been a problem but 1st time in India I am seeing rapists being treated like heroes. Rant over, prayers for Ashifa and hope good sense prevails. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jammu/kathua-rape-murder-lawyers-stop-police-from-filing-chargesheet/articleshow/63689013.cms

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/kathua-rape-murder-chargesheet-filed-against-seven-amid-protests-by-lawyers-5131012/

See, the Hinduvta crowd is too stupid to realize, that these are very, very valid reasons for an ethnic community to hate their nation and go long term for independence. 

India and Indians need to grow up and realize the big picture. We live in a connected world, with heavy media presence and the era of populist democracies. Currently, the west is too busy in the middle east, to really focus on Kashmir. But over time, the world's eyes will be on us and while India is in the legal right, in the long term, it won't matter if the people of Kashmir hate us and want independence - they WILL get it, even if its 200 years from now.

Now, Hinduvta idiots will say this is appeasement. It is not. There is a vast difference between appeasement and asking for just treatment.If Kashmiris are not justly treated, India will find pressure - both internal and external- to give up Kashmir. Ultimately, its people's lives that matter. 

Ofcourse the Kashmiri muslims are guilty themselves of ethnic cleansing. But that line, in and of itself, does not serve India at all- like, who seriously expects KMs to go ' sorry, we kicked out the KPs and genocided them, here, have my home i built on former KP lands and give it back to the KPs, lets co-exist peacefully' ?!?

The objective of India, is to retain Kashmir. India needs to plan long term and take a multilateral approach. One side of the approach should be changing Kashmir's demographics. But that will take decades. The other angle, at the very least, would be to give Kashmiris the same legal priviledges and rights as rest of Indians. 

The fools that the Hinduvta are, are fighting a lost cause. The days of religious nationalism, is over. Hinduvtas, like their guru, the Islamists, are trying an outdated model of society, that is fast dying and in the process, tearing apart the country further. They need to wake up and realize, that the vast majority of Hinduvta activities, in the long run, are unpatriotic and damaging to India.

3 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Bro, the article clearly says that the protest was done by fellow lawyers from Bar association. Now paid media is trying to give it a communal color. You too are getting swayed by it. If you know such protests are common in Bar association. They can stoop down to any level to protect their fellow advocates. What has Hinduism got to do with it?  

I never said Hinduism, I said Hindutva..big difference. I am one of the the staunchest defenders of all dharmic religions on this forum but I am against Hindutva which is a very narrow and untruthful interpretation of dharmic values.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I never said Hinduism, I said Hindutva..big difference. I am one of the the staunchest defenders of all dharmic religions on this forum but I am against Hindutva which is a very narrow and untruthful interpretation of dharmic values.

Well said. I find it ironic, that Hinduvtas consider themselves as defenders of Hinduism, when in reality, hinduvta represents Islamization of Hinduism. They've long since traded the core ethos of Dharmic religions/philosophies, for Abrahamic ones. 

@Muloghonto great post as always. Just another thing to add, the victim here isn't a Kashmiri Muslim. She is from the nomadic Gujjar Bakerwal community around Jammu region. Gujjars have always been pro India, no insurgency or anti national activities in Gujjar Muslim areas of JK. In fact these guys resent the azaadi movement, have always had great rapport with our army (informers, sevaks etc) and Dogra Hindus of Jammu. Both Gujjars of Jammu and Kargil Muslims are our allies, both are peaceful areas. Last thing we want is for these guys to get radicalized, even if Hindutva elements hate Muslims doesn't the Indian govt have the sense to stop antagonizing these people, this is a basic fallacy in strategy. As you rightly said these cow lynchings and anti Muslim statements/acts thanks to the press is painting a bad picture of us globally, moreover this will fuel more unrest even in traditional pro India parts of fickle states like Kashmir and Assam, enemy isn't stupid and will always probe us for weaknesses till they get an opening. This idiocy has to stop somewhere else we will have more and much tougher problems to solve in the future. Since 2014 Gujjar Muslims from Jammu are increasingly getting radicalized and we have had stone pelting incidents in Ladakh recently (1st time ever), this cannot be good news no matter how people spin it. 

Edited by Gollum

See, the Hinduvta crowd is too stupid to realize, that these are very, very valid reasons for an ethnic community to hate their nation and go long term for independence. 
India and Indians need to grow up and realize the big picture. We live in a connected world, with heavy media presence and the era of populist democracies. Currently, the west is too busy in the middle east, to really focus on Kashmir. But over time, the world's eyes will be on us and while India is in the legal right, in the long term, it won't matter if the people of Kashmir hate us and want independence - they WILL get it, even if its 200 years from now.

Now, Hinduvta idiots will say this is appeasement. It is not. There is a vast difference between appeasement and asking for just treatment.If Kashmiris are not justly treated, India will find pressure - both internal and external- to give up Kashmir. Ultimately, its people's lives that matter. 

Ofcourse the Kashmiri muslims are guilty themselves of ethnic cleansing. But that line, in and of itself, does not serve India at all- like, who seriously expects KMs to go ' sorry, we kicked out the KPs and genocided them, here, have my home i built on former KP lands and give it back to the KPs, lets co-exist peacefully' ?!?

The objective of India, is to retain Kashmir. India needs to plan long term and take a multilateral approach. One side of the approach should be changing Kashmir's demographics. But that will take decades. The other angle, at the very least, would be to give Kashmiris the same legal priviledges and rights as rest of Indians. 

The fools that the Hinduvta are, are fighting a lost cause. The days of religious nationalism, is over. Hinduvtas, like their guru, the Islamists, are trying an outdated model of society, that is fast dying and in the process, tearing apart the country further. They need to wake up and realize, that the vast majority of Hinduvta activities, in the long run, are unpatriotic and damaging to India.

Good insightful post. Bang on the money.

15 hours ago, Gollum said:

I think you are equating Hindutva to the brand of jingoism perpetuated by Bajrang Dal, Ram Sene types. That is fringe.  That is the similar to secular being a cuss word for liberals perpetuating a system of appeasement masquerading as secularism. 

Hindu pride is nothing to make fun of. The kind of Hindutva popularized by Swami Vivekanand, Sri Aurobindo, will also get maligned in this process. They need to be celebrated as the real Hindutva. Revering santana dharma's philosophies is mocked as vedic fantasies by communists who think Indologists are weed smokers.

I haven't followed this case, but looking at all alleged journalists ganging up on twitter on this issue, it seems to be another project intolerance or award waps meant to shame BJP and Hindus as a majority. We don't see them tweet in unison when something like this happened

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/4-muslim-youth-allegedly-gang-raped-hindu-teenage-girl-10-days-forced-her-convert-islam-1639952

Exhibit A

Edited by coffee_rules