CWG 2018

coffee_rules

Gold in javelin, Neeraj Chopra with a throw that would have fetched him bronze in Rio. He is the real deal, hope he gets a medal in 2020 because independent India is yet to win an Olympic medal in athletics. Heartiest congrats to all our medalists but for me the best performers were Chopra, Mirabai Chanu and Manika Batra. Ofc we did some amazing stuff in shooting, wrestling and boxing but that is par for the course. Chanu (48 kg category) lifted total 196 kg that would have fetched silver in Rio and Batra beat world no 4 (and 3 time Olympic medalist :omg:) in TT twice, once in team event and today in singles. 

Edited by Gollum

Boxing scoring system is very confusing, you see one guy in the ring take all the pounding and in the end the judges declare him winner, too much home bias. We benefited in Delhi, Scotland in Glasgow and Aussies are reaping the gold harvest here. Very much prefer live scoring we had in Bejing.

47 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Boxing scoring system is very confusing, you see one guy in the ring take all the pounding and in the end the judges declare him winner, too much home bias. We benefited in Delhi, Scotland in Glasgow and Aussies are reaping the gold harvest here. Very much prefer live scoring we had in Bejing.

Glasgow in Scotland Gollum...

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I meant Scotland the host nation in 2014 Commonwealth Games (venue:Glasgow) reaped a lot of boxing medals.

I know

India in Delhi games :biggrin:

India really improving at games , I watched the table tennis not who was playing it like some haha 

On 4/14/2018 at 6:27 AM, Gollum said:

Batra wins gold in singles, stupendous feat and my God isn't she one beautiful lady :love:

Silver for Mrs Karthik in mixed squash, the best sportsperson in her family by a country mile.

Are you sure after the "toast of the nation" performance by her husband! :giggle:

37 minutes ago, Gollum said:

T20 yuck

T20 against Toygers yuck

Nidahas Trophy yuck

Nah man, I am pretty sure the missus has him by the balls on this one. 

Well, I am with you that his wife's achievement is far bigger than the "toast of the nation" performance by KDK. 

The gaga the ICFers n all are going on as if KDK is going to be next coming of M.Hussey cracks me off!!! :rotfl: :giggle:

3 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Well, I am with you that his wife's achievement is far bigger than the "toast of the nation" performance by KDK. 

The gaga the ICFers n all are going on as if KDK is going to be next coming of M.Hussey cracks me off!!! :rotfl: :giggle:

Thank God I wasn't logged on here during Nidahas time :phehe: