Ishant Sharma county performance thread

3 minutes ago, gattaca said:

He cut his hair that alone will tell you he turned in to a man. The menacing boy who got the wicket of ponting will make the English beg for mercy. 

Made them cry like babies on the greenest of all greentops in Lord's last time, is baar toh full on rudaali !!!

12 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

How on earth can he get a 50 . So much for county cricket 

In test cricket he has played more vital knocks than Rohit Sharma. The 31 runs he scored in that partnership with Laxman in Mohali 2010 when we were 92 runs away from victory with 2 wickets left...that innings is worth more than many international 100s. You may laugh at this post or downplay Ishant but that is an irrefutable fact. I am not surprised he scored a 50 here because he puts a price on his wicket unlike many of our ODI rockstars masquerading as test batsmen. 

Seems Mohd. Abbas has been preferred over Varun Aaron as overseas player. Abbas was their preferred choice along with Sohail Khan. I guess Varun was signed only after Sohial got injured and they needed some backup for him. I thought Varun would easily get into a division 2 playing 11. Not to be.

Ishant has scored 63 with the bat. Well done. Then came onto bat and picked 2 wickets in the ongoing match.

Edited by Straight Drive

Seems Mohd. Abbas has been preferred over Varun Aaron as overseas player. Abbas was their preferred choice along with Sohail Khan. I guess Varun was signed only after Sohial got injured and they needed some backup for him. I thought Varun would easily get into a division 2 playing 11. Not to be.

Ishant has scored 63 with the bat. Well done. Then came onto bat and picked 2 wickets in the ongoing match.

Yes Aaron was selected after Sohail got injured. Abbas will be playing in Pakistan's Ireland and England test series so Aaron will be the overseas player in his absence. Aaron is playing in the ongoing match vs Derbyshire.

Amidst the IPL circus in India, 2 of our boys are playing real cricket in Eng. Watching Ishant bowl gladdens my heart, is baar angrezon ki bajane wallah hai lambu. 

But I must say Ishant has not got his length right yet in the county games, when he bowls the right length he ends up spraying the ball down the leg stump. Clearly shows how hitting the right length without messing up your line is a difficult skill to develop.

Ishant Sharma on fire

So thats five wickets in the whole match not five in one innings. That even Bhuvi and Shami can do. The first and last wickets were good wickets bowling in the channel on a good length. Other wickets were batsman playing unnecessary attacking shots that English Test batsmen wont do. Bell and trott were oldies who are not fit for English team. The other LBW was going down the leg side. One good thing is he bowls with some zip but there were several loose balls that one guy scored off. So no consistency. Bhuvi and Shami are more consistent. I think this is an English trick to get him on the tour and enjoy thrashing him

4 hours ago, Garuda said:

I hope his injury prevents him from playing in England and I hope next year's WC

He is done in white ball cricket, don't worry about his participation in CWC 2019. But why not Eng tests? What wrong did he do in SA? Besides Eng is a long, gruelling 5 test series, fast bowlers may get injured mid way and I don't think even Shami will be 100% in it mentally courtesy his marital woes.

Edited by Gollum
4 hours ago, Gollum said:

He is done in white ball cricket, don't worry about his participation in CWC 2019. But why not Eng tests? What wrong did he do in SA? Besides Eng is a long, gruelling 5 test series, fast bowlers may get injured mid way and I don't think even Shami will be 100% in it mentally courtesy his marital woes.

When you say he's done with white ball cricket, I bring myself back to these videos. Wonder what's happened to this Ishant?