History teaching in Pakistan

Stradlater

Always wondered about how is History taught in the schools in Pakistan. Do they begin way back from the neolithic settlements in Balochistan or the ancient part is mostly skipped and real History is taught from the invasion of Sind by the Arabs.

For instance do Pakistanis know that it was in the NWFP where the Rigveda, most ancient of all religious scriptures was first composed. Also the lands around Western Punjab and KPK were where the famous gandhara Indian architecture evolved under the Kushana Kings who were both Hindus and Buddhists and also were great patrons of art.

How does it work in Pak? Can Pak posters on here shed light on this @Alam_dar @Green Monster @Ellipsism @MultiB48 @panther

Also it would be nice if the usual Indo Pak mudslinging stays away from this thread.

I coudant tell you but my younger cousin he's about 18 now I think told me a story that in his history class in one book it claimed that Angles were helping pak In an indo pak war, I'm guessing 65 war, he was about 14 when he told me this, I wonder if he still belives this lol?

In schools we were taught "Islamic History" in name of "History of Pakistan", which starts from history of Mecca and how Muslims overcame them ... then comes history of Muhammad bin Qasim and how defeated the Evil Raja Dahir on the call of one Muslim girl. Then comes the history of Khiljies, Ghaznavi, Aurangzeb, Abdali and Pani pat, Tipu Sultan. 

Mohinjodaro and Harapa are taught, but not linked with Hinduism. 

About Hinduism, only it is taught how CASTE system of Hindus was oppressing the humanity and how Muslims got rid of it. Also Hinduism is linked with evils like Satti etc. 

No words about Gandhi is present in history books. 

Pakistani history books consist of full time hatred program where Hinduism is presented as "Banya" who is a "Sahukaar" (lending money on interests like Jews),  Hindu is a clever evil. 

All the important world events such WW-I and II, dark ages in Europe,renaissance, Era of Scientific Discovery, etc are never given any significance in the curriculum. The history of Pakistan/Islam is even taught in science subjects like mathematics and physics.

It may be that the curriculum has been slightly changed in the meantime though since my school days. 

Edited by Alam_dar

3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

In schools we were taught "Islamic History" in name of "History of Pakistan", which starts from history of Mecca and how Muslims overcame them ... then comes history of Muhammad bin Qasim and how defeated the Evil Raja Dahir on the call of one Muslim girl. Then comes the history of Khiljies, Ghaznavi, Aurangzeb, Abdali and Pani pat, Tipu Sultan. 

About Hinduism, only it is taught how CASTE system of Hindus was oppressing the humanity and how Muslims got rid of it. Also Hinduism is linked with evils like Satti etc. 

Pakistani history books consist of full time hatred program where Hinduism is presented as "Banya" who is a "Sahukaar" (lending money on interests like Jews),  Hindu is a clever evil. 

All the important world events such WW-I and II, dark ages in Europe,renaissance, Era of Scientific Discovery, etc are never given any significance in the curriculum. The history of Pakistan/Islam is even taught in science subjects like mathematics and physics.

It may be that the curriculum has been slightly changed in the meantime though since my school days. 

Pretty much sums up why most Pakistanis hate Indians.

Edited by The Dark Horse

4 hours ago, Green Monster said:

Some are taught that Pakistan is the inheritor of IVC, but it is also taught that IVC was central asian, make of that what you will...

1. India has more IVC sites than Pakistan. Also the largest IVC site discovered so far as well as the most advanced one are both in India.

Yes I'm talking about Rakhigarhi in Haryana and Dholavira in Gujarat.

2. IVC settlers from Central Asia? They were most likely Balochis from Mehrgarh.

4 hours ago, Green Monster said:

also I cant imagine it is too diff than India on many major things... such as Mughals making the subcontinent a sone ki chidiya,,,

13 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

That is extremely sad. The land which people in modern times call Pakistan has a rich ancient history.

Wahabism f*cked you all.

19 hours ago, panther said:

I coudant tell you but my younger cousin he's about 18 now I think told me a story that in his history class in one book it claimed that Angles were helping pak In an indo pak war, I'm guessing 65 war, he was about 14 when he told me this, I wonder if he still belives this lol?

I said no trolling. And I doubt if they teach anything like that. That's shocking even by Pakistani paindoo standards.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
2 hours ago, Stradlater said:
I said no trolling. And I doubt if they teach anything like that. That's shocking even by Pakistani paindoo standards.

That angels thing is truly taught in Pakistan.

Like in Schools??? Nahi yar :adore:

1 hour ago, Green Monster said:

No question of being f*cked, I doubt many in Pak cares about the rich history you are talking about... people are getting taught the history they prefer...

I see Indian friends also complain about Marxist, Communist, Saffron, Congress distorted history... history teaching is always political... 

Well if you don't really care, I doubt we have much to talk about then.

And by preferred history if you mean Farishte helping pak forces in 1965 or Qasim bringing the light of Islam to the locals in Multan(By butchering them of course) then I pity you.

3 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I am afraid it is true. 

Indeed it is told that angels may have been involved in the war of 1965 (although it is not written in the text books). 

It is due to the reason that Quran says that Allah helps the Muslims against the Kuffar through angels, like Allah  helped the Muslims with 1000 angels in the very first battle with Kuffar in Badr and Muslims won it due to the angels although Muslims were less in numbers. 

Quran, chapter 8, verse 9: 

“Remember when you all cried out for help from your Lord, and so you were answered thus: “Indeed, I will reinforce you with a thousand angels, rank after rank.” 

Then there are Hadiths (Traditions) in Sahih Bukhari where Sahaba were swearing that they saw the angels on horses who were fighting from the Muslim side. 

And then Quran told the Momineen (i.e. believing Muslims) before the 2nd battle of Uhad that this time Allah is going to help them with 5000 angels. This encouraged the Muslims a lot, but this time Muslims got defeated by the Kuffar (even in presence of 5000 angels) and holy prophet lost 2 of his teeth. 

Quran, chapter 3, verse 125:

Yes, if you remain patient and conscious of Allah and the enemy come upon you [attacking] in rage, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels having marks [of distinction]

Off course Allah's promise proved wrong in this 2nd war. But religious people are expert in making "excuses". 

59 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I am afraid it is true. 

Indeed it is told that angels may have been involved in the war of 1965 (although it is not written in the text books). 

It is due to the reason that Quran says that Allah helps the Muslims against the Kuffar through angels, like Allah  helped the Muslims with 1000 angels in the very first battle with Kuffar in Badr and Muslims won it due to the angels although Muslims were less in numbers. 

Quran, chapter 8, verse 9: 

“Remember when you all cried out for help from your Lord, and so you were answered thus: “Indeed, I will reinforce you with a thousand angels, rank after rank.” 

Then there are Hadiths (Traditions) in Sahih Bukhari where Sahaba were swearing that they saw the angels on horses who were fighting from the Muslim side. 

And then Quran told the Momineen (i.e. believing Muslims) before the 2nd battle of Uhad that this time Allah is going to help them with 5000 angels. This encouraged the Muslims a lot, but this time Muslims got defeated by the Kuffar (even in presence of 5000 angels) and holy prophet lost 2 of his teeth. 

Quran, chapter 3, verse 125:

Yes, if you remain patient and conscious of Allah and the enemy come upon you [attacking] in rage, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels having marks [of distinction]

Off course Allah's promise proved wrong in this 2nd war. But religious people are expert in making "excuses". 

Abdul Hamid , a Muslim soldier from India was posthumously awarded Param Vir Chakra ,  India's highest wartime gallantry award for the exemplary courage and bravery shown in the battlefield during the 1965 war.

Clearly Allah was on Kuffars' side that day, or in 1971 or in siachin or in Kargil for that matter either ;) 

6 hours ago, Green Monster said:

u can save that pity for yourself little stradlater, afterall dont u guys claim aurangzeb was a "tyrant"??? yet u still have towns and roads named after him no?  

What the heck has that got to do with the discussion?

On 4/17/2018 at 2:21 AM, panther said:

13 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
13 hours ago, Stradlater said:

That angels thing is truly taught in Pakistan.

I had all my schooling in Pakistan and NEVER came across any such thing or may be I was too 'na-laiq' to go through whole syllabus...

23 minutes ago, Asim said:

I had all my schooling in Pakistan and NEVER came across any such thing or may be I was too 'na-laiq' to go through whole syllabus...

Yes that's what I thought as well. Putting such a ludicrous thing in the syllabus is absolutely scandalous even by Pak standards. I mean I can understand general awam believing in such stuff considering how religiously blind the country is.

7 minutes ago, surajmal said:

"Pakistan" is an acronym and Islam is iconoclastic, so its a reset on culture and everything else. Nothing exists before. My hometown has more history than what is Al-Bakistan. 

Come on are you claiming the land of Sapta Sindhu had no history?

13 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Come on are you claiming the land of Sapta Sindhu had no history?

What has sapta sindhu got to do with Al-bakistan? 

Let me give an example - Your Family sells the house you are living in and buys a new house. You (and your family) move into the new house - do some renovations, interior decorate to your liking etc etc. The family that bought your old house, does the same. Do you feel connected to the family that sold you the house? Does the family that bought your old house feel connected to you? You Shouldnt and they wouldnt. Physical structures is not what connects humans - its everything else.

Besides Al-Bakis have destroyed much of what would qualify as Sapta Sindhu. So no physical structure and memories and emotions didn't exist to begin with. 

Edited by surajmal