History teaching in Pakistan

Stradlater

18 minutes ago, surajmal said:

What has sapta sindhu got to do with Al-bakistan? 

Let me give an example - Your Family sells the house you are living in and buys a new house. You (and your family) move into the new house - do some renovations, interior decorate to your liking etc etc. The family that bought your old house, does the same. Do you feel connected to the family that sold you the house? Does the family that bought your old house feel connected to you? You Shouldnt and they wouldnt. Physical structures is not what connects humans - its everything else.

Besides Al-Bakis have destroyed much of what would qualify as Sapta Sindhu. So no physical structure and memories and emotions didn't exist to begin with. 

Your analogy would have been perfect except that the residents of house didn't move out and stayed there. No matter how much they try to claim their ancestry from the invaders the fact remains that their forefathers had dharmic roots and theirs was the land where Hinduism and Buddhism together grew and flourished.

Therefore it's their responsibility and duty to preserve and protect the ancient culture of their ancestors even if they were of different faith.

I still feel anger rushing in my veins whenever I read about Taliban destroying Bamiyan Buddhas. Such a magnificent and beautiful architectural marvel demolished for a stupid faltu reason of iconoclasm.

6 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

u said u pitied me when i said some pakistanis dont care really about what u said is some rich history of the regions past... but that is what those pakistanis desire... they dont feel they r missing out on anything... they r taught the history they want = no complaints

ur country, which values this + other rich histories, is the opposite... some people wants X to be taught, others want Y to be taught. Constant arguments on Marx/Congress/Saffron versions of history... hero for one group is villain of another.... this all leads to far more discontentment in history for Indians. If you guys cant even agree on your own history, that leads to far more discontentment than people agreeing on a wrong version of history, as u would say is the case of Pakistan... 

i think one would find ur case more pitiable in this sense...

Err it's clear from your post that you have absolutely no idea how different view points in History works and how having various interpretations of History doesn't mean simply forgetting and wiping off your past as if it didn't exist like in the case of Pakistanis.

Here let me give you an example of Commie/Leftist/Saffron history interpretations.

Let's take Aurangzeb 

Commies: He was a religious nutcase but but in his time Mughal empire reached it's zenith. Great warrior.

Leftists: He was a magnanimous ruler who ordered Farmaans to repair Hindu temples. A great and noble king.

Saffron: A fanatic who destroyed the religious harmony carefully built by his predecessors and whose policies eventually led to downfall of empire.

Now you see these are 3 different interpretations/view points of looking at History depending on what lens you prefer. But that doesn't mean we simply delete Aurangzeb's chapter like Pakistanis do with their ancient history, because majority in India don't like him.

Therefore, Yes I pity you and your people. Bunch of sheep who have been fed so many lies about their past that they have become robots and indifferent to their rich cultural heritage.

3 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

you are confusing history and "history teaching" as is the stated topic of the thread you created

history taught in school is 1 thing only... but professional historians may have teh moree nuanced and differing views of events as u pointed out... 

u are confusing what is taught standard to pakistani children as if paksitani professional historians also only know/learn this!!!

there are many in pakistan who consider the country a part of ancient Indian civilization as well!!! 

the point of Marx/Congress/Saffron controversy is taht only 1 off those three can teach history in India, therefore ur history taught to students is constantly changing depending on who is political power during that day, 

in Pakistan there is no political conflict in history taught in school...

Don't think Indians have any grounds to pity Americans :p: 

Once again this post shows your general ignorance about many things Indian. Despite having a 'Hindu nationalist' Govt at the helm, kids in India still read the heavily leftist biased history. Although for the higher studies you are allowed to choose and decide for yourself what you prefer which imo is the best exercise instead of feeding the generations of students some Islamic crap which in turn produces brainwashed mullahs like you.

9 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

Oh-ho chill buddy!!!

you just contradicted yourself and showed how similar India is like Pakistan!!!

India:

1)kids learn heavily leftists biased history

2)higher studies you can choose and decide which you prefer

Pakistan:

1) kids learn heavily Islamic history

2) higher studies you can also choose to learn more nuanced history of Pakistan!!!

If Pakistan produces "brainwashed mullahs" "like me" then India produces "brainwashed leftists" "like you"!!!

u see buddy, most people only read/learn history which is taught in school regardless of country, unless yourr argument is that all Indian students do their higher studies in history!!! 

Pakistanis can choose to study more nunaced history?? How when you country don't even talk about stuff that happened before seventh century? 

Do these nuances mean scrutinising various ordinances of Muhammad bin Tughlaq cause I highly doubt they even teach you 'hindu' history going by your posts.

At least in India students have freedom to study various viewpoints and not just one.

13 hours ago, Asim said:

I had all my schooling in Pakistan and NEVER came across any such thing or may be I was too 'na-laiq' to go through whole syllabus...

Inspite of scoring really well in Social Science throughout school,  I just don't remember much of what I learned back then. I was also very na-laik. Left most of the optional chapters. 

History is even more :sleeping: and pointless than Maths and Science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmarDySZ0LQ

17 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Inspite of scoring really well in Social Science throughout school,  I just don't remember much of what I learned back then. I was also very na-laik. Left most of the optional chapters. 

History is even more :sleeping: and pointless than Maths and Science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmarDySZ0LQ

:phehe:

I was good in Maths, sciences but hardly ever academically bothered about social/Islamic/Pak studies, Urdu literature etc, used to study them just during exam days but still used to pass them decently bcz of my 'art' of obtaining marks instead of 'ratta'... I remember despite shamelessly putting lots of wrong details like event dates, places, names etc, still used to get away because of good handwriting and v nice overall presentation etc...

22 hours ago, Asim said:

:phehe:

I was good in Maths, sciences but hardly ever academically bothered about social/Islamic/Pak studies, Urdu literature etc, used to study them just during exam days but still used to pass them decently bcz of my 'art' of obtaining marks instead of 'ratta'... I remember despite shamelessly putting lots of wrong details like event dates, places, names etc, still used to get away because of good handwriting and v nice overall presentation etc...

You can get away with this kind of stuff here too!

For internal exams, in the our school, the length of answer mattered a lot. In a question about the 1857 mutiny, a friend of mine wrote half a paragraph of stuff that she had ratta-ed and then wrote down the entire lyrics to the song Jaadu teri nazar. In the end she again wrote some historically relevant stuff. And she got a 5/5 on that answer. The person who corrected didn't even read the content, just the headers and the presentation did the trick.

Edited by Mariyam

On 4/18/2018 at 9:50 AM, Stradlater said:

Err it's clear from your post that you have absolutely no idea how different view points in History works and how having various interpretations of History doesn't mean simply forgetting and wiping off your past as if it didn't exist like in the case of Pakistanis.

Here let me give you an example of Commie/Leftist/Saffron history interpretations.

Let's take Aurangzeb 

Commies: He was a religious nutcase but but in his time Mughal empire reached it's zenith. Great warrior.

Leftists: He was a magnanimous ruler who ordered Farmaans to repair Hindu temples. A great and noble king.

Saffron: A fanatic who destroyed the religious harmony carefully built by his predecessors and whose policies eventually led to downfall of empire.

Now you see these are 3 different interpretations/view points of looking at History depending on what lens you prefer. But that doesn't mean we simply delete Aurangzeb's chapter like Pakistanis do with their ancient history, because majority in India don't like him.

Therefore, Yes I pity you and your people. Bunch of sheep who have been fed so many lies about their past that they have become robots and indifferent to their rich cultural heritage.

correction - not Robots, its "Terrorist" who are trained to kill Kaffirs from Young blood.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:08 PM, Malcolm Merlyn said:
On 4/17/2018 at 12:35 PM, Stradlater said:
I said no trolling. And I doubt if they teach anything like that. That's shocking even by Pakistani paindoo standards.

That angels thing is truly taught in Pakistan.

dafaq i thought he was just ribbing it in..damn. really ?

On 4/18/2018 at 10:19 AM, Green Monster said:

Oh-ho chill buddy!!!

you just contradicted yourself and showed how similar India is like Pakistan!!!

India:

1)kids learn heavily leftists biased history

2)higher studies you can choose and decide which you prefer

Pakistan:

1) kids learn heavily Islamic history

2) higher studies you can also choose to learn more nuanced history of Pakistan!!!

If Pakistan produces "brainwashed mullahs" "like me" then India produces "brainwashed leftists" "like you"!!!

u see buddy, most people only read/learn history which is taught in school regardless of country, unless yourr argument is that all Indian students do their higher studies in history!!! 

India : No revisionist History, said as it is and engaged with the world history.

Pak: Revisionist history to demonize Hindus, and Idolize righteous islamic genocide of Hindus and religious virtue. Insular to islamic world.

18 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

Tell that to indian friends who say Marx/Congress/LEft/Saffronization of history!!! from what i see said by indian friends themselves, history is a warzone in india!!!

i would say indian history is very anti-pak as well, blaming certain thing on pak which are india equally responsible. 

Nobody cares about what your Indian friends claim. Revisionist history is not taught in India and this is a fact.

10 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

Disagree, let me ask you, what is taught to you all about the partition era, regarding who is responsible for the formation of Pakistan???

We are told that It was chiefly British' divide and rule policy which led to the rising communal tensions across the subcontinent. Of course Muslim league and it's divisive techniques(esp during the 40s) are blamed too as well as Congress' inability to integrate well into the Muslim masses of that time.

5 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

See this itself is revisionist history... What exactly did the British do to cause communal tensions??? Indian history just blames Britishers for everything.

Also Muslim League didn't do divisive techniques... it was Gandhiji who first promoted the idea of Pakistan by supporting the Khilafat movement during the WW... instead Indians learn this revisitionist history. 

What exactly did the British do??

My God you are impossible. I'm outta here.

2 hours ago, Green Monster said:

Tell that to indian friends who say Marx/Congress/LEft/Saffronization of history!!! from what i see said by indian friends themselves, history is a warzone in india!!!

i would say indian history is very anti-pak as well, blaming certain thing on pak which are india equally responsible. 

Nope it is not. India is normal, pak teaches anti hindu xenophobia as history.

See this itself is revisionist history... What exactly did the British do to cause communal tensions??? Indian history just blames Britishers for everything.

what are you going to say, its because of evil Hindoo banias ? :phehe:

Soo... another technique from the Muloghonto school... just saying the British caused divide isn't proofs of them causing a divide...

Bye-bye:flybye: 

Chal theek h yar since you seem so interested let's do this. Go ahead tell me. Who According to you was responsible for the partition?