Why do some South Indians can speak Hindi fluently while many can't?

Franco Vazquez

Hindi Movies/ Hindi language as a child during education/ spoke Hindi with peers. I for one got exposed to all as a child, so speak what ever Hindi i know naturally. Many others dont see Hindi movies and dont study hindi as a language at school or dont have hindi speaking folks at school so do not speak it, or pick it up based on their conversations with auto wallahs in their adult life.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:57 AM, Book_Worm said:

Except Tamil Nadu majority of south indians learn hindi as second or third langauge as these states follow 3  language policy

This is followed in Tamil Nadu by choice, a state school is not forced to follow third language. Its common for private schools to have Hindi as an option though, it depends on parents if they want their wards to learn it or not.

21 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Revolutionary . Would pretty much blow away every choti moti language with it's swagger. World won't be the same ever again.

dont know about swagger or blowing other languages. but it will be like a Indian version mad max

mad-max-fury-road-guitar-player-doof-war

20 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Put Laloo Yadav in a lungi holding mridangam at the forefront and we have a blockbuster in our hands.

I want to stress hehe it is inherently dystopian, i dont know if you have ever lived in Chennai. But suddenly the local hotel that serves breakfast and lunch is filled with hindi speaking folks all through the counter except for the billing haha, everywhere and i can see folks from either side speaking in a broken language of the other side..pretty funny so far. 

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

But suddenly the local hotel that serves breakfast and lunch is filled with hindi speaking folks all through the counter except for the billing haha

forget about northies .. last week i saw few new tiny thugs in bangalore a2b and asked the manager about them ..

he told they are bangaldeshis :phehe:

they are slwoly ttaking over as well 

33 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I want to stress hehe it is inherently dystopian, i dont know if you have ever lived in Chennai. But suddenly the local hotel that serves breakfast and lunch is filled with hindi speaking folks all through the counter except for the billing haha, everywhere and i can see folks from either side speaking in a broken language of the other side..pretty funny so far. 

Never been to Chennai or Tamilnadu for that matter. Love to visit it though since the land is renowned for it's fabulous culture and history esp the marvellous temple architecture which IMO is the best in the country.

I have a cousin who lives there and although she's all praise for the people but would complain incessantly about the humidity. Bit too much for a Dilliwala eh?

7 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Love to visit it though since the land is renowned for it's fabulous culture and history esp the marvellous temple architecture

north india too had their fair share of temples , but vast majority were destroyed during invasions ..

there were many wars in the south as well , but rarely they touched temples 

2 minutes ago, velu said:

north india too had their fair share of temples , but vast majority were destroyed during invasions ..

there were many wars in the south as well , but rarely they touched temples 

Yes North Indian style has it's uniqueness as well but South is more appealing to me in that regard. Beautiful intricate carvings and the fact that like you mentioned they are still completely intact.

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Yes North Indian style has it's uniqueness as well but South is more appealing to me in that regard. Beautiful intricate carvings and the fact that like you mentioned they are still completely intact.

For me....the best temples are in Goa.

Open temples with wide enterance.

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

I knew you were a woman but didn't take you for a dadi amma.

Goa me mandir kon jata h yar :facepalm:

:laugh1:

I only go to temples in Goa.

I find them very peaceful.

I do my whole year , sometime two years worth of puja when I go there. I go with my long list :deal: of wishes.

Then I head to the beaches.