Internet existed during Mahabharata period: Tripura CM

saik

Another BJP Buffoon

Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb raised eyebrows when he claimed that Internet is not something new but existed even during the Mahabharata period. "Internet and satellite communication had existed in the days of Mahabharata. Sanjaya (Dhritarashtra's charioteer) using the technology gave a detailed account and description to the blind king about the battle of Kurukshetra," said Tripura CM. He also added that entire country became familiar with the world of technology after Prime Minister Narendra Modi assumed power. "Our prime minister himself is active on social networking sites and he asks the MPs and even chief ministers about their status and comments on these sites. We are lucky enough to get a guardian-like prime minister," Deb said. The Tripura Chief Minister was speaking at a Regional Workshop on Computerisation and Reforms at Pragna Bhawan in Agartala on Tuesday.

14 minutes ago, Asim said:

'Incredible'...

I think Modi being PM also claimed sometimes ago that plastic surgery and reproductive sciences etc were indian invention practically used by Ganesh...

Hey that's Lord Ganesh. He's like our really cute God. Please be respectful.

Regarding Surgery thing, Susruta in ancient India is considered as the pioneer in the field of surgery. Was really ahead of his time. You can google him. Of course he didn't perform plastic surgeries. That would be ludicrous.

One has to understand that Ramayana and Mahabharata are not mythologies for most. Much like how Mohammad’s Allah or Jesus, son of God, are taken at face value. Has anyone seen Allah or can verify that Jesus is the son of God?

When ppl don’t take these as myth, they try to draw parallels with today’s technologies to understand how things must have happened in the past

As Zen philosophy says - in beginners mind there are many possibilities. In the expert’s mind, there are few. Goal is to keep begineer’s mind

9 minutes ago, zen said:

One has to understand that Ramayana and Mahabharata are not mythologies for most. Much like how Mohammad’s Allah or Jesus, son of God, are taken at face value. Has anyone seen Allah or can verify that Jesus is the son of God?

When ppl don’t take these as myth, they try to draw parallels with today’s technologies to understand how things must have happened in the past

As Zen philosophy says - in beginners mind there are many possibilities. In the expert’s mind, there are few. Goal is to keep begineer’s mind

There's definitely some element of Truth in both the epics esp Mahabharata with the ample evidence available in Kurukshetra which suggests the war did happen. But that doesn't mean we start to believe in every god damn thing written in them. Most of the stuff was added later by different writers who took great liberties in exaggeration and embellishments.

And comparison with Muslims isn't right either. Just because they are idiots in believing in moon breaking in half or the Holy Prophet riding to Israel on his newly bought nimbus 2000 from the Diagon alley doesn't mean we start to take every written thing in the scriptures at face value. Most of them are myths. 

1 minute ago, Stradlater said:

There's definitely some element of Truth in both the epics esp Mahabharata with the ample evidence available in Kurukshetra which suggests the war did happen. But that doesn't mean we start to believe in every god damn thing written in them. Most of the stuff was added later by different writers who took great liberties in exaggeration and embellishments.

And comparison with Muslims isn't right either. Just because they are idiots in believing in moon breaking in half or the Holy Prophet riding to Israel on his newly bought nimbus 2000 from the Diagon alley doesn't mean we start to take every written thing in the scriptures at face value. Most of them are myths. 

The point is that ppl believe in Gods and therefore in their powers to do incredible and unbelievable stuff (which can be explained through science once we have that level of information) 

For e.g. Narad muni was said to go everywhere. How do you explain that? It is hard so may be one can draw parallels with how they beam ppl in Star Trek for e.g 

Just now, zen said:

The point is that ppl believe in Gods and therefore in their powers to do incredible and unbelievable stuff (which can be explained through science once we have that level of information) 

For e.g. Narad muni was said to go everywhere. How do you explain that? It is hard so may be one can draw parallels with how they beam ppl in Star Trek for e.g 

I dont think Narad Muni ever existed. 

And even if let's say I believe in him it doesn't mean I start assigning him random newly invented technological powers for my convenience. Why not just say He could teleport everywhere because being a minor God he had the power to do so. Simple.

Why make yourself look foolish by drawing parallels with Hyperloop? 

Just now, Stradlater said:

I dont think Narad Muni ever existed. 

And even if let's say I believe in him it doesn't mean I start assigning him random newly invented technological powers for my convenience. Why not just say He could teleport everywhere because being a minor God he had the power to do so. Simple.

Why make yourself look foolish by drawing parallels with Hyperloop? 

the point is that ppl are trying to understand what science was applied. And when they see a similar technology, they try to think that may be that would have been done in this way 

At the end of the day, it is an opinion. Just like yours or mine

8 minutes ago, zen said:

True. 

4 minutes ago, zen said:

the point is that ppl are trying to understand what science was applied. And when they see a similar technology, they try to think that may be that would have been done in this way 

At the end of the day, it is an opinion. Just like yours or mine

Mine is not an opinion. It's a fact. They are mythical figures and therefore out of convenience using scientific advancements to make sense of powers of Gods is pure laziness and therefore rightly deserve criticism that come it's way

People are laughing at this stupid minister and rightly so.

38 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Mine is not an opinion. It's a fact. They are mythical figures and therefore out of convenience using scientific advancements to make sense of powers of Gods is pure laziness and therefore rightly deserve criticism that come it's way

People are laughing at this stupid minister and rightly so.

Your fact is based on statements such as “if God exists, he should shake my hands. If he does not, he does not exist.” 

The fact is is that billions of people in 2018 believe in God, Allah and Ram. So ppl have different concepts. Many respected scientists have believed in God too, learning to separate various concept and incorporating multi dimensional thinking 

Yours truly believes in God too despite having multiple degrees and having studied in countries such as India, France and Canada, and one who takes business decisions based on data, ROI, cost-benefit analysis, etc

As a common man, the minister is trying to put today’s technology to understand past, which he believes in and considers highly advance due to his belief system, i.e. God is the greatest scientist and we are yet to fully comprehend all possibilities 

Edited by zen

25 minutes ago, zen said:

Your fact is based on statements such as “if God exists, he should shake my hands. If he does not, he does not exist.” 

The fact is is that billions of people in 2018 believe in God, Allah and Ram. So ppl have different concepts. Many respected scientists have believed in God too, learning to separate various concept and incorporating multi dimensional thinking 

Yours truly believes in God too despite having multiple degrees and having studied in countries such as India, France and Canada, and one who takes business decisions based on data, ROI, cost-benefit analysis, etc

As a common man, the minister is trying to put today’s technology to understand past, which he believes in and considers highly advance due to his belief system, i.e. God is the greatest scientist and we are yet to fully comprehend all possibilities 

Look man I respect your beliefs and good for you if you believe in all this stuff but I just find the whole reasoning illogical.

Let's agree to disagree.