Internet existed during Mahabharata period: Tripura CM

saik

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Hey that's Lord Ganesh. He's like our really cute God. Please be respectful.

Regarding Surgery thing, Susruta in ancient India is considered as the pioneer in the field of surgery. Was really ahead of his time. You can google him. Of course he didn't perform plastic surgeries. That would be ludicrous.

right Sorry if it sound wrong but probably that's how I read in some of ur country news headline...

(btw u asking for being respectful for ur belief and then u urself in v next post being disrespectful for others beliefs, I guess needs some revisiting)

9 minutes ago, Asim said:

right Sorry if it sound wrong but probably that's how I read in some of ur country news headline...

(btw u asking for being respectful for ur belief and then u urself in v next post being disrespectful for others beliefs, I guess needs some revisiting)

I as a Hindu atheist have every right to criticize the tenets of my Parents' religion. 

13 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

Many Indians on this forum itself believe many crazy things... 

Turkey is Arab

Homosexuality is seen in every species of Animal in nature

There are homosexual plants/fungi

Gender is a feeling, if you believe hard enough you go from a man to a woman, vice versa

Internet was there in Mahabharati period

I fear for the future of Bharat :((

Better start worrying about the future of Al Bakistan, the next slave mistress of The Dragon.

3 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

In my predictions, India/Pakistan/Bangladesh will become 1 country again within the next few centuries, so you should worry about that!!!

US is the baap of China, so I am okay :p: 

I ain't responding to your trolling anymore.

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Look man I respect your beliefs and good for you if you believe in all this stuff but I just find the whole reasoning illogical.

Let's agree to disagree.

I believe in God and in general truths such as be nice, respect environment, etc. .... I do not necessarily believe in everything that is said and done in the name of God 

I am not sure on what technology was available back then. Instead of live telecast, internet or whatever, it could be just that Sanjay was passing regular updates on the war. In this context, the minister is using his limited knowledge to link internet and satellite communications to explain how things could have been communicated in the past. If teleporting were available, he would probably have commented on that too by suggesting that Sanjay traveled back and forth to provide updates.  But as I said it could be his way of interpreting (in terms of technology) what has been described in these books, which many worship

4 hours ago, zen said:

The point is that ppl believe in Gods and therefore in their powers to do incredible and unbelievable stuff (which can be explained through science once we have that level of information) 

For e.g. Narad muni was said to go everywhere. How do you explain that? It is hard so may be one can draw parallels with how they beam ppl in Star Trek for e.g 

If I remember correctly I read somewhere online about Taimur's invasion of India, it seems his initial attempts of invasion  were thwarted single handedly by a Brahmin/Jat priest who could cast spells and unleash heavy rainfall and tornadoes at will. So they had to bribe someone from India and got that priest killed which made it easier for them to carry on with their invasions. 

Marco Polo on his tour of India made fun of Indian religion consistently throughout and explained how Christianity is far supreme than these idolaters, but the only thing he was impressed with was the ability of Kashmiri priests who could control weather by spells/mantras. So it seems they knew something which we don't now.

43 minutes ago, MechEng said:

If I remember correctly I read somewhere online about Taimur's invasion of India, it seems his initial attempts of invasion  were thwarted single handedly by a Brahmin/Jat priest who could cast spells and unleash heavy rainfall and tornadoes at will. So they had to bribe someone from India and got that priest killed which made it easier for them to carry on with their invasions. 

Marco Polo on his tour of India made fun of Indian religion consistently throughout and explained how Christianity is far supreme than these idolaters, but the only thing he was impressed with was the ability of Kashmiri priests who could control weather by spells/mantras. So it seems they knew something which we don't now.

It is widely believed that there was some special knowledge available  in the ancient time .... in Mahabharata war, most of these guys with special knowledge perished :dontknow: 

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

A priest in 14th century that too a Jat(lmao) shooting spells at Taimur??

Tum log toh Bakchodi me Mulloh k bhi bap nikle :bow:

Edited by Stradlater

I don't care about what others think. Who gives tuck about them. What matters is what I blv. Just spiritual people may not know much about science but most people who blv in science know $hit about spirituality. Mu uthake opinion de dete hai. But it is ok. They have their views and it matters to them. Reality won't change. 

Peace.

4 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

I don't care about what others think. Who gives tuck about them. What matters is what I blv. Just spiritual people may not know much about science but most people who blv in science know $hit about spirituality. Mu uthake opinion de dete hai. But it is ok. They have their views and it matters to them. Reality won't change. 

Peace.

50 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

Peace.

Please don't mix spiritual people with religious bigots who just believe in dogmas propagated in their religions/taught by their religious teachers. Spirituality is on a a much higher plane than most of the so called beliefs and superstitions of the world. Spiritual people will not give a damn about either categories that existing in the world, i.e. the blind believers of religions/dogmas as well as the rationalists who cannot look beyond common sense/perception. 

Edited by sarcastic

9 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Please don't mix spiritual people with religious bigots who just believe in dogmas propagated in their religions/taught by their religious teachers. Spirituality is on a a much higher plane than most of the so called beliefs and superstitions of the world. Spiritual people will not give a damn about either categories that existing in the world, i.e. the blind believers of religions/dogmas as well as the rationalists who cannot look beyond common sense/perception. 

Your words will fall on deaf ears. I highly doubt this lunatic politician even know the spelling of spirituality let alone experiencing it. This fool is in the category of the similar bigot who declared Darwinism a haux a couple of months ago. The real spiritual folks don't go around spouting BS against science and reason for their agenda. Swami Vivekananda was a true spiritual person who stressed on the study of modern science and logic.He was highly critical of these zealots and rightly so. 

If this qualifies for spirituality these days then I'm afraid we are at the zenith of Kaliyuga.

Edited by Stradlater

4 hours ago, zen said:

It is widely believed that there was some special knowledge available  in the ancient time .... in Mahabharata war, most of these guys with special knowledge perished :dontknow: 

Visualize a situation in distant future when only robots run the world and humans cease to exist. To them people made from flessh, blood and bones would be pseudo science. :dontknow:

6 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Visualize a situation in distant future when only robots run the world and humans cease to exist. To them people made from flessh, blood and bones would be pseudo science. :dontknow:

I actually have customers in sectors such as robotics and high end medical devices. It is amazing to see how capable the machines are becoming .... 

5 hours ago, MechEng said:

And the same Kashmiri priests can't save themselves from Muslim invaders .They are now converted or living as refugees in India kicked from their homeland.Where were/are their spells??

12 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Hey that's Lord Ganesh. He's like our really cute God. Please be respectful.

Regarding Surgery thing, Susruta in ancient India is considered as the pioneer in the field of surgery. Was really ahead of his time. You can google him. Of course he didn't perform plastic surgeries. That would be ludicrous.

Susruta Samahita does have plastic surgery in it. It specifically talks about how you can cut skin from the forehead, up to a certain depth, but keep it attached to the bridge of the nose, then flip it backwards to where the nose goes and suture it, to replace a torn/ripped off/cut off nose. That, is plastic surgery- a surgical procedure, specifically designed to alter the apperance of a person, serving no other physiological need.