Modi in London 2018 - still popular as ever, even Pakistanis in attendance

chewy

So nice of him to take time off from campaigning in Karnataka and attend to the Indian diaspora*

*unless of course he is able to expedite Mallya's extradition which makes the trip worthwhile, although it sounds unlikely  

Edited by Clarke

On 19/04/2018 at 2:42 PM, Stradlater said:

Pakistanis are claiming among the protesters there were anti Indian Sikhs as well. 

Someone tell these morons that a large part of Khalistan comprises Pakistani Punjab as well with Lahore as capital. Zyada khush hone ki zaroorat nahin hai.

source?

11 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

your posts are usually good but I would have to disagree with you on this one. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2738067/Dr-Khan-likely-Asian-surname-common-doctors-Patel-second.html

arrey boss, it's making fun of their stereotype jobs, just like most of the small shops in UK are run by Gujjus, or motels in US by Patels or call centres by Indians

but to honest I been to several countries in Europe and places like Dubai and New York, and majority of the taxi drivers and Indian fast food joints are run by Pakistanis

7 hours ago, chewy said:

arrey boss, it's making fun of their stereotype jobs, just like most of the small shops in UK are run by Gujjus, or motels in US by Patels or call centres by Indians

but to honest I been to several countries in Europe and places like Dubai and New York, and majority of the taxi drivers and Indian fast food joints are run by Pakistanis

Fair enough 

From gestures, face, the way he speaks etc. he looks like a person who is extremely low IQ, but is full of himself. 

That's a question in my mind. Because obviously, he is not low IQ because otherwise he couldn't have been a PM. He would be a very very good politician. And such a politician won't have low IQ. 

Edited by randomGuy

8 hours ago, randomGuy said:

From gestures, face, the way he speaks etc. he looks like a person who is extremely low IQ, but is full of himself. 

That's a question in my mind. Because obviously, he is not low IQ because otherwise he couldn't have been a PM. He would be a very very good politician. And such a politician won't have low IQ. 

It's just his way of speaking style which is common among rural Gujaratis. He's an extremely astute politician and although not much well versed about various  issues he somehow manages to carry himself in a theek thak way.

Although I still maintain he should work on improving his horrible accent while speaking English. I still remember his speech in Wembley last time when he was there and it was so cringeworthy that I couldn't even sit 5 minutes through it.

12 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

It's just his way of speaking style which is common among rural Gujaratis. He's an extremely astute politician and although not much well versed about various  issues he somehow manages to carry himself in a theek thak way.

Although I still maintain he should work on improving his horrible accent while speaking English. I still remember his speech in Wembley last time when he was there and it was so cringeworthy that I couldn't even sit 5 minutes through it.

He should stick to Hindi/Gujrati...ever heard Xi stutter around in English? I can never understand our fascination with trying to impress the gora, why not stick to your roots if you find certain alien mannerisms difficult? Even Southies and N.E folk should be ok with Modi speaking in whatever language he is comfortable with, common sense 101. If tomorrow KCR becomes PM I would rather he speak in his native tongue in international meets than clown around in his cringe worthy English accent. I honestly believe desi English accent is the funniest among them all and it is not our fault.

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He should stick to Hindi/Gujrati...ever heard Xi stutter around in English? I can never understand our fascination with trying to impress the gora, why not stick to your roots if you find certain alien mannerisms difficult? Even Southies and N.E folk should be ok with Modi speaking in whatever language he is comfortable with, common sense 101. If tomorrow KCR becomes PM I would rather he speak in his native tongue in international meets than clown around in his cringe worthy English accent. I honestly believe desi English accent is the funniest among them all and it is not our fault.

This. 

I mean I can understand if he is addressing the foreign delegates but why flaunt yourself to a Desi crowd who are there  when you aren't comfortable in the foreign language.

I admire Chinese and Japanese in this regard. They give respect to their language unlike Indian Netas who otherwise would relentlessly campaign for promotion of Hindi in southern states but would try to show off in their tooti footi cringy english when visiting abroad and thus making a mockery of themselves.

Stick to your roots man.

14 hours ago, Stradlater said:

He has inferiority issues for sure.

And some other closeted problems too if the pictures are anything to go by.

Yes..but modi and Yogi sacrificed family life for the country.they deserve all the support

Yogi is a great personality I think. Modi to make way for him in 2024. I think

10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Yes..but modi and Yogi sacrificed family life for the country.they deserve all the support

Yogi is a great personality I think. Modi to make way for him in 2024. I think

Pehle UP to govern kar lo! Modi, despite all the negative press and the UPA at the center for a decade, got 3 thundering majority verdicts from his home state. Lets see if the Yogi is anywhere as good.