Punjab Sikh woman pilgrim converts to Islam, remarries in Pakistan

coffee_rules

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/punjab-sikh-woman-pilgrim-converts-to-islam-remarries-in-pakistan-5144086/

Kiran Bala, 31, a widow, is the mother of three. She was living with her in-laws at their village house in Garhshankar sub-division of Punjab, around 90 km from Chandigarh.

The children are with their aged grandparents. Their father had passed away in 2013.

“I had dropped my daughter-in-law with SGPC officials in Amritsar on April 10 for the pilgrimage in Pakistan. The ‘jatha’ is expected to return on April 21.

“I cannot believe what has happened. No one has contacted us officially from the SGPC and the foreign ministry. I want my daughter-in-law to be returned safely,” Tarsem Singh, a Sikh religious preacher in his village, told the media.

Tarsem Singh alleged that Kiran Bala could be in touch with the Pakistani man (whom she has reportedly married) through social media, particularly Facebook.

He alleged that she was using social media frequently on her mobile phone in the past one month.

Now, this is definitely abandoning!  Kya naubath aayi hain!

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

She has 3 children in India waiting for Mum to come back :facepalm:, kaisi chudail hai yaar yeh aurat !!! I won't rule out kidnapping, Pakistanis can stoop to any low in such matters. 

Too early to comment. Although Pakistanis are quite wicked and shaatir quam but it's possible that she genuinely fell for the guy considering she was a widow and widow remarriage in the rural areas is still sort of a taboo.

5 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Too early to comment. Although Pakistanis are quite wicked and shaatir quam but it's possible that she genuinely fell for the guy considering she was a widow and widow remarriage in the rural areas is still sort of a taboo.

I am not jumping to any conclusion, just pointing out possibilities. Cruel on her 3 kids, that too with father dead 5 years ago..... GOI has to step in quick now.

1 minute ago, Garuda said:

Yeah but will he be step-dad to those children. Her children still stay in India.

Yeah I agree it's unfair to the children. Imagine the social boycott they would have to face when they start growing up along with not so nice comments about their mother's character.

3 minutes ago, Garuda said:

That's why I said this case looks suspicious. She went to a gurudwara to pray but all of a sudden she marries a muslim man. She probably went thinking "Oh us punjabis are the same. They should be the same across the border" whereas this muslim man had other ideas.

As per the news article, they were probably in touch via Facebook for around a month before the pilgrimage.

1 hour ago, velu said:

good for her .. she got a husband atleast

how easy its for a single mother of three to get remarry in indian part of punjab ?

in my native , if she is not rich enough , a women like her will stay as a single mom forever :sad:

TBH its almost impossible for her to find husband in India., Unless she choses to leave her children and run which she did

2 hours ago, Garuda said:

This is highly suspicious regarding what has been taking place this month. She goes for a gurudwara visit and she meets a pakistani man and is ready to convert. In pakistan, there are several cases of minority women being kidnapped and asked to convert and marry a man. The Hindus and Sikhs made up close to 15% during partition and now its down to 1%. Some of them even converted to Christainity to escape conversion to Islam since Christians are given some privilege as dhimmis. Its a part of the globalization process to convert the whole world to Christianity or Islam becuase they are a slave religion to another Abrahamic faith who claim themselves as the chosen ones. The are already trying to make that happen in India

Ironically according to Aristotle, the chosen ones of Israel are a tribe from India.

https://grahamhancock.com/kaks1/

13 hours ago, velu said:

good for her .. she got a husband atleast

how easy its for a single mother of three to get remarry in indian part of punjab ?

in my native , if she is not rich enough , a women like her will stay as a single mom forever :sad:

Agree she is entitled to re marry. But not at her kids’ expense. 

Poor kids.

Lost both parents.:((

As for her.....she is a bad mother .period.

But that said.....I wouldn't judge her too much.It is not easy to be a widow living with the in laws.Had she died....they would have got a wife for their son before her ashes were cold. Who knows how she was treated. Most likely her own parents must not be ready to take her back.

Poor kids.

Hope they get the support they need.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Poor kids.

Lost both parents.:((

As for her.....she is a bad mother .period.

But that said.....I wouldn't judge her too much.It is not easy to be a widow living with the in laws.Had she died....they would have got a wife for their son before her ashes were cold. Who knows how she was treated. Most likely her own parents must not be ready to take her back.

Poor kids.

Hope they get the support they need.

They allowed her to go on pilgrimage to a different country in fact her father in law himself dropped her also she was using facebook. Doesn't seem like she was a poor woman facing severe torture from in laws.