Fielding standard

vvvslaxman

Haven't watched any match live in the last 3 days. Just highlights. Atrocious fielding by multiple teams. Punjab dropped sitters after sitters. Royals missed a few today. SRH fielding other day was top notch mainly because of Pandey. Yusuf pathan. what a disgraceful fielder he is. It was so ugly to watch his dives. Yuvraj is well past his best. Ashwin was leaden footed and not moving. Wish Nagarkoti were fit.An outstanding fielder. 

59 minutes ago, chewy said:

Watson big beneficiary of lousy fielding 

Tripathi dropped sitter when Watto under 10 and went on get a 100

It's good Watson thrashed the bowlers later on. Some fielders will never take fielding seriously and actually improve their fielding until some batsman thrashes the bowlers after a dropped catch. Hope RR have learned something out of that event and will work on their weakness. The coach has to give him a good fielding training. Cant afford to lose more matches due to below par fielding.

Whatever little I have seen it is horrible. More than the fielding it is the catching of local players that is *, no wonder we drop min 5-6 catches every test match, right from junior ranks the butter fingered serial droppers graduate to the highest level.....are our coaches/NCA/BCCI looking into this because I am seriously concerned? In fact we had many sloths in 90s and 00s but they at least had safer hands, give me a Laxman or Tendulkar over these 6 pack gym hitting hulks who catch one only to proceed to drop the next 2. Cricket is not just batting and bowling, you spend more time fielding than the other 2 disciplines combined. 

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Whatever little I have seen it is horrible. More than the fielding it is the catching of local players that is *, no wonder we drop min 5-6 catches every test match, right from junior ranks the butter fingered serial droppers graduate to the highest level.....are our coaches/NCA/BCCI looking into this because I am seriously concerned? In fact we had many sloths in 90s and 00s but they at least had safer hands, give me a Laxman or Tendulkar over these 6 pack gym hitting hulks who catch one only to proceed to drop the next 2. Cricket is not just batting and bowling, you spend more time fielding than the other 2 disciplines combined. 

This new generation high catching and slip catching is very poor as compared to the previous ones. Only Rahul Dravid was bad in previous lot but nowadays there are too many catch droppers.

My eyes can't unsee what they saw this innings, how can our local players be this bad in fielding and catching? This is a serious concern going forward, our boys are * in the fielding department. All the Kohlis and Dhawans graduate from this bunch, no wonder Team India is the worst catching team in the world, even our groundfielding had regressed (relative to other teams) compared to 10 years back. All the while I was badmouthing Sridhar but it seems he is indeed working with donkeys. 

My eyes can't unsee what they saw this innings, how can our local players be this bad in fielding and catching? This is a serious concern going forward, our boys are * in the fielding department. All the Kohlis and Dhawans graduate from this bunch, no wonder Team India is the worst catching team in the world, even our groundfielding had regressed (relative to other teams) compared to 10 years back. All the while I was badmouthing Sridhar but it seems he is indeed working with donkeys. 
Looks like working out 10 hrs in the gym for that 6 pack abs didn't work to improve the fielding LOL.
The old , "seemingly unfit" players like Laxman were much better in this department.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Looks like 1 dolly dropped per match is mandatory

M Ashwin drops Lynn on 7, goes on to play match winning innings

Tripathi drops Williamson on 7, absolute easy one in slips, Williamson goes to score match winning innings and gets MoM

this second time this IPL Tripathi drops easy slip catch

These drops are having result defining consequences 

Domestic standards seems to have dropped

big worry for England tour

On 4/30/2018 at 2:57 PM, Straight Drive said:

Watson likes this fielding.

Tripathi dropped him on 9 and Watto scored a ton.

Tripathi has dropped 3 catches this IPL. He is probably the fielder who has dropped most catches in Vivo IPL 2018.

Must be the Virat Kohli of IPL.