What to say to people who doubt IPL quality because Chris Gayle is doing well this season?

Gayle failed even more miserably in the WC qualifiers. If deluded parosis think that way, tell them their bowlers are 10x worse than those from Scotland, AFG, Zim, Ireland etc. But I would prefer you ignore them because either they are ignorant about cricket pitch variance or knowledgeable yet trolling you...either way no need to fall in the trap of flame baiting trolls, today's Saturday night...I can think of 100 ways of having a jolly good time and engaging in futile discussions with Pakistanis on twitter doesn't make even the top 1000. 

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Gayle failed even more miserably in the WC qualifiers. If deluded parosis think that way, tell them their bowlers are 10x worse than those from Scotland, AFG, Zim, Ireland etc. But I would prefer you ignore them because either they are ignorant about cricket pitch variance or knowledgeable yet trolling you...either way no need to fall in the trap of flame baiting trolls, today's Saturday night...I can think of 100 ways of having a jolly good time and engaging in futile discussions with Pakistanis on twitter doesn't make even the top 1000. 

Makes sense... Delete thread please 

IPL or not, Chris Gayle is box office,a true superstar of cricket.

A guy who has 100s in all formats of the game, a test 300, a odi 200, and tons of runs is already in one of the greats of the game category.

Now just like every great cricketer Gayle is on the way down for some years. He has been a failure in the IPL the last couple of years and I believe he flopped in PSL as well and I am pretty sure that is where this thread is coming from.

Chris Gayle doesn’t work for food stamps like some of the foreign players in other leagues. He comes with a heavy price tag and obviously if he is on his last legs it doesn’t make sense for other leagues that are run on a shoe string budget to afford him.

On the flip side in the IPL, he was bought as an afterthought based on his previous few performances and with his star status his base price was a steal.

Now if you are letting opinions of some idiot Pakistanis online of all people get to you than the joke is on you and if you are a Pakistani then unfortunately the joke is on you too.

Either ways just don’t let these menial things affect you and just enjoy the carnival of cricket that is IPL.. that would be enough to rub it in others faces.

Edited by maniac

Reality is that batters have peaks and valleys in their career. Sometimes they hit a slump but do come out of it. Right now he is peaking. tell the dotards that PSL is a hinjra league compared to IPL. Then you will be banned and will be among friends here.

PSL is warm up for IPL, it's honestly that simple. 

Gayle is smart and knows that it is better to save his form for the IPL, which is the big ticket show, rather than to waste it on the time pass known as PSL.

I can assure you, the cumulative attendance for the first two weeks of IPL is > than that for the entire PSL. 

They are usually trolls so dont argue with logic. Put them down with either

1. PSL? What PSL?

2. PSL was a warmup for IPL

3. PSL did not pay enough money for Gayle to perform or the best option

4. Ignore - This is what BCCI is doing to PCB

If we were to play a full blown series we would have blown them out of the sea for the entire past decade home or away.

Reality is I talked to one of the windies player. He told me that really IPL is the only contract they want for financial security. PSL is a junk league and they dont try hard because of risk reward issue. If they play hard in PSL and pick an injury they will lose money in IPL. PSL is a tune up for them.

Ask yourself a question that for $100 K would Boult have taken a dive like that in PSL. Never.

No one is bothered about the Pathani Chudidar Cheerleader League, None of the foreign players care about the Sooper Yawnfest League. Empty Stadiums wouldn't motivate a fly, forget Chris Gayle. Add slow pitches to the mix to sum things up. Padosis are confusing Lack of Interest with Inability, OP shouldn't fall in the trap of their ignorance and lack of logic. Keep Chilling :Giggity: