Pujara's county performance thread

I was a huge pujara fan in 2013-14 when he made the century in SA. but now he is a headache. India might start thinking of Dhawan as a replacement and Rahul at 3. Either way these jokers are no match for Andy and Barbie.

he couldn't even put away half-volleys for cover drives.....very restrictive player ......only knows how to play  on side......in sena countries he will be peppered with bowling outside the off-stump.....also he is suseptible to bouncers..:facepalm:

pujara  since 2014

tests outside asia 

county cricket 

Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s

CA Pujara 4 6 1 264 133* 52.80 489 53.98 1 1 1 38 1

had it not been for the 133 no ,would have avgd under 30

and since then has 12 innings for 333 runs, avg 27 in 2017 with a 50 and a 100 for notts

and now 3 innings for 27 for yor 

so 5 50s and 2 hundreds in 49 innings ,runs 1309 avg 27.

he is a restrictive player.....period. can't deal with movement and pace.

Selectors should keep in mind that both Dravid & Ganguly straight away hit big in ENG when conditions were far tougher in 90s.So they should follow the same with talented rookies in the coming ENG tour and keep away this tried and tested failure Che-po  out of the team

but but but che is faast but but but che is rock but but but........che is poop on wickets with pace and movement

Nair IMO is poor against moving ball, Vihari could be a good option.

nair has a lot of quality, he needs to work on tightening his game......

A tour will also give us an idea whom to prefer among 2 or may be both arent good currently

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

nair has a lot of quality, he needs to work on tightening his game......

A tour will also give us an idea whom to prefer among 2 or may be both arent good currently

Nair failed royally in two previous A tours, made a good score in only one innings. Vihari hasn't been to many A tours, should be judged after that.

Nair failed royally in two previous A tours, made a good score in only one innings. Vihari hasn't been to many A tours, should be judged after that.

IMO more than moving ball Nair has issues against genuine pace 145+. I don't see any Pom bowler bowling at that pace.

nair is still one the best upcoming batsman, imagine how poor are others 

at this point i find nair n vihari next best for middle order.......may be gill in few yrs

and my point is he has quality so investment shud be done on him

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

nair is still one the best upcoming batsman, imagine how poor are others 

at this point i find nair n vihari next best for middle order.......may be gill in few yrs

and my point is he has quality so investment shud be done on him

Yes, let's invest in him, take him to more A tours. But my opinion is that he is of the category similar to Rohit and Dhawan who will do very well in home tests but will continue to perform poor outside. If we are to start winning overseas we need to find batsmen who have potential to score abroad.

Yes, let's invest in him, take him to more A tours. But my opinion is that he is of the category similar to Rohit and Dhawan who will do very well in home tests but will continue to perform poor outside. If we are to start winning overseas we need to find batsmen who have potential to score abroad.

Rohit n dhawan have quality but they didnt graduate to the test level.Dhawan was the highest scorer in NZ test series mean he can but may be white ball cricket has its side effects and rohit never had that hunger in him for greatness

Now lets see with nair as well, he may fail may succeed......not being in contention for LOI may lead him to only concentrate on test 

I wont read much into it....Batting in England is not easy now at this time of the year. The entire Pakistan team got all out for 168 the other day against Kent.

Pakistan batting is one of these worst batting lineups, it is no wonder they got all out for 168, Pujara at best has been mediocre away from India.

I don't think he has done much in county cricket all these years.