Pujara's county performance thread

How about Karthik as no 3 batsman in Eng? Can't see him doing worse than Che, besides he has some credentials there. Ofc Saha will still be my no 1 keeper, but I will look at Karthik as a pure batting option. If top 3 can combined get 100 runs average and play out 35 overs, I smell a decisive victory. I trust KLR/Vijay/Karthik to do that in late summer, may be Dhawan can replace one of these 3 in case of injury/form issues. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

How about Karthik as no 3 batsman in Eng? Can't see him doing worse than Che, besides he has some credentials there. Ofc Saha will still be my no 1 keeper, but I will look at Karthik as a pure batting option. If top 3 can combined get 100 runs average and play out 35 overs, I smell a decisive victory. I trust KLR/Vijay/Karthik to do that in late summer, may be Dhawan can replace one of these 3 in case of injury/form issues. 

Jesus Christ. Go f**k yourself.

Dinesh Karthik? You are the symbol of vulgar, short-termist hermetic extremism. Anything over inexperienced players for you. 

Edited by lamellavig
On 5/6/2018 at 5:39 AM, lamellavig said:

Dinesh Karthik? You are the symbol of vulgar, short-termist hermetic extremism. Anything over inexperienced players for you. 

Jesus Holy Molly Christ....

You are sounding as if its a blasphemy

How can you ignore the form of Karthik of his recent past?

He always had the technique...but lack of commitment and attitude was his main downfall....

Looks like he has fixed it and he is at the top of his game

Edited by gakgupta

What is interesting is the purpose of the stint. If he scores 100s every game then it feels useless as he hasn't gained anything.

If he continues to fail then surely the stint has shown inability to deal with the conditions and potential evidence he should be dropped. If he does well in latter games then it feels that it has done the precise goal which is for him to learn how to play the conditions.

Either way, I don't think early failures are the catastrophe that they seem 

8 hours ago, lamellavig said:

Karthik is 32, not 42. So how is it a short term solution if someone still has possible 5 years of cricket left in the tank? Was Hussey's inclusion in Aus test team also short term? Did Hussey bring nothing useful to the table in the 2006-11 period?

Karthik's show in 2007 was the greatest series performance by any Asian opener in England this millennium, he played a huge role in our 1st series victory there after 22 years, so clearly he has some credentials. Get this into your head, he opened the batting in England and still outscored SRT, Dravid, Laxman, Dada. Also the lone test he played in SA, he scored 100+ runs and was dismissed once. This guys knows how to get the job done in overseas conditions. His downfall was always more to do with his attitude/over excitement than cricketing capability..also Dhoni's emergence sidelined him further. If he has turned a corner now, why not test him? The fact that he is a keeper only plays to our advantage because he can be the 2nd keeper in the touring party.  

Edited by Gollum
Nair IMO is poor against moving ball, Vihari could be a good option.
See how times change and people improve. Vihari was in the same U19 squad which had Unmukt Chand and Akshdeep Nath. Now Unmukt is nowhere to be seen and Vihari is a good prospect (though he did not do so well in the World Cup). Akshdeep who was not that good at the time is playing IPL.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

See how times change and people improve. Vihari was in the same U19 squad which had Unmukt Chand and Akshdeep Nath. Now Unmukt is nowhere to be seen and Vihari is a good prospect (though he did not do so well in the World Cup). Akshdeep who was not that good at the time is playing IPL.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

vihari thrashed shami like a third grade couny trundler.....one of the  best domestic innings....class

Can't even score runs at the Oval FFS. Mind you all our batsmen are shite apart from Bairstow. Reckon he should have chosen another team. This Yorkshire team is a long way from the one he played for three years ago. Clueless coaches including an ex captain who was given the head coach job straight after retiring as a player and seems to be more interested in Huddersfield Town, the football club he supports. Players bereft of confidence due to poor management and coaching. Not a great environment to play in.

3 hours ago, YCCC said:

Can't even score runs at the Oval FFS. Mind you all our batsmen are shite apart from Bairstow. Reckon he should have chosen another team. This Yorkshire team is a long way from the one he played for three years ago. Clueless coaches including an ex captain who was given the head coach job straight after retiring as a player and seems to be more interested in Huddersfield Town, the football club he supports. Players bereft of confidence due to poor management and coaching. Not a great environment to play in.

Like the passion 

2 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

funny is that , u were rooting for this guy earlier, shows ur cricketing sense.....

He is still our best bat on Asian pitches and probably the greatest on rank turners, so should always be in the scheme of things. His bad run overseas is mainly because of his troubled knee. 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He is still our best bat on Asian pitches and probably the greatest on rank turners, so should always be in the scheme of things. His bad run overseas is mainly because of his troubled knee. 

every true indian fan will take a series win overseas instead of a test match win at home on rank turners.

for greater good of indian cricket , one has to sacrifice something.

anyways, troubled knee doesn't has to do anything of wrongly  judging a run, nicking to 1 st slip, or getting lbw to incoming deliveries.

Edited by LORD_analyst