One of the biggest weapons that neo-orientalists have...

surajmal

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

And then she plays victim and is upset that Internet hindus are abusing her on Twitter. 

Thats a standard ploy. I am more concerned with even so called "RW" hindus' disinterest in learning the language. You don't need to wake the entire hindu society up. This a country of almost a billion hindus. Even a small percentage of sanskrit speakers like 1% gives you 10 million native speakers. More than enough to drown any Orientalist propagandus. 

Bitchfaces would rather shout on twitter than learn something important. 

4 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Thats a standard ploy. I am more concerned with even so called "RW" hindus' disinterest in learning the language. You don't need to wake the entire hindu society up. This a country of almost a billion hindus. Even a small percentage of sanskrit speakers like 1% gives you 10 million native speakers. More than enough to drown any Orientalist propagandus. 

Bitchfaces would rather shout on twitter than learn something important. 

Do YOU know Sanskrit ? You are one of the most RW hindus here.......

Maybe if you asked yourself why you don't know Sanskrit ( i am willing to wager, its most likely that you can think of 20 different things you'd rather be doing than learning a dead language with no practical applications ), you'd know why RW hindus dont learn Sanskrit either.

Its not like RW christians are falling over themselves to learn Aramaic or Latin or Greek either......

1 hour ago, Green Monster said:

Brother, do you know English??? if so, please provide evidence to support the statements:

RW christians don't fall over themselves to learn ARamaic, Greek, or Latin

Sanskrit is a dead language with no practical applications

eagerly awaiting all the evidences u so often gives to us...

Right after you substantiate the claims you've made. stop running away, kiddo. 

19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Do YOU know Sanskrit ? You are one of the most RW hindus here.......

Maybe if you asked yourself why you don't know Sanskrit ( i am willing to wager, its most likely that you can think of 20 different things you'd rather be doing than learning a dead language with no practical applications ), you'd know why RW hindus dont learn Sanskrit either.

Its not like RW christians are falling over themselves to learn Aramaic or Latin or Greek either......

This dead language argument makes no sense. Sanskrit is one of the oldest languages in the world with a rich and illustrious history. It's India's pride and we should work towards it's preservation and make efforts to ensure that more and more kids learn this beautiful language.

Glad that Indian Govt do not think that way and is working to protect the thousand odd tribal languages which are on verge of extinction. By your logic we should let them go extinct since nobody speaks them anymore and therefore are useless?

19 hours ago, surajmal said:

https://twitter.com/AudreyTruschke/status/987062962010640384

is modern day Hindus' lack of Sanskrit knowledge (and of its literature). These racist scumbags have gone unchallenged with their propaganda peddling because Hindu society has been reduced to a mass of ingenues. 

First big colleges like Harvard, Stanford, etc get rights to digital data about palm leaf manuscripts. Then they create a field of study such as Indian religions, Sanskrit, etc. Then they appoint chairs for these fields. Then they have full right to determine what is correct and wrong. Then these enrol scumbags like these to do is they get a PhD degree (real or not) in Sanskrit and Hinduism degrees. Then they will say whatever they want to say and that becomes the truth to the world. Who can challenge Harvard and other reputed universities. This is their modus operandi. Harvard recruits all CIA talent and (Subraniam Swami seems very dodgy). Here I have an interview with Shiva Ayyadurai about Tamil palm leaf manuscripts.

18 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

And then she plays victim and is upset that Internet hindus are abusing her on Twitter. 

Yeah its part of the woe is me. Im pretty sure that women is from the chosen bunch so is Wendy Doniger check her ethnicity. The chosen ones are the original troublemakers

10 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

This dead language argument makes no sense. Sanskrit is one of the oldest languages in the world with a rich and illustrious history. It's India's pride and we should work towards it's preservation and make efforts to ensure that more and more kids learn this beautiful language.

Glad that Indian Govt do not think that way and is working to protect the thousand odd tribal languages which are on verge of extinction. By your logic we should let them go extinct since nobody speaks them anymore and therefore are useless?

Yep. Purpose of language, is communication. A dead language,by definition, fails to serve the fundamental purpose of a language.

Its fine to study dead languages for scholarly purposes - this is why people still study Coptic, Punic, Hittite, Sanskrit, Latin etc. But to teach the common populace a language that is no longer in use is quite literally a waste of precious time and resources.

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Yep. Purpose of language, is communication. A dead language,by definition, fails to serve the fundamental purpose of a language.

Its fine to study dead languages for scholarly purposes - this is why people still study Coptic, Punic, Hittite, Sanskrit, Latin etc. But to teach the common populace a language that is no longer in use is quite literally a waste of precious time and resources.

There are several ancient art forms as well which are on verge of dying and GOI is doing their utmost best to protect and conserve them.

Do you think just because they don't have any use entertainment wise in this period we should let them go extinct? I'm surprised at your reasoning here honestly. One should strive to protect and preserve their culture no matter what. This is what makes a society dynamic. 

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

There are several ancient art forms as well which are on verge of dying and GOI is doing their utmost best to protect and conserve them.

Do you think just because they don't have any use entertainment wise in this period we should let them go extinct? I'm surprised at your reasoning here honestly. One should strive to protect and preserve their culture no matter what. This is what makes a society dynamic. 

Culture always changes and the ones that strive too much to protect every aspect of culture, end up backwards like the muslim world.

Culture is art, food, customs, dresses, literature, music etc. 

Of this, the one that has changed the fastest and continues to change, is the literature, because of the language component.

To enjoy an ancient art form- be it sculpture, painting, dance or music, one simply has to have an open mind and sit through it.

To appreciate avijana shakuntalam in its original Sanskrit, however, requires pointless hundreds of hours of learning a dead language- that serves no other purpose whatsoever and one can argue, that literature, is the most easily translated art-form, where a good translator can keep the tone, intent and scope of the original work, to a huge degree.

13 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Culture always changes and the ones that strive too much to protect every aspect of culture, end up backwards like the muslim world.

Culture is art, food, customs, dresses, literature, music etc. 

Of this, the one that has changed the fastest and continues to change, is the literature, because of the language component.

To enjoy an ancient art form- be it sculpture, painting, dance or music, one simply has to have an open mind and sit through it.

To appreciate avijana shakuntalam in its original Sanskrit, however, requires pointless hundreds of hours of learning a dead language- that serves no other purpose whatsoever and one can argue, that literature, is the most easily translated art-form, where a good translator can keep the tone, intent and scope of the original work, to a huge degree.

What could be pointless to you couldn't possibly be the same for other. How do you know there aren't people out there who are patient enough to sit through the lectures of these dead languages?

For instance,, You might easily get bored  by the dance of Kalbelia community of Rajasthan but I would always cherish it no matter what. There's the difference. Why not let the people to decide what should be preserved and what should not. Sanskrit is intimately linked with ancient Dharmic religions and rituals and thus would always have takers for it's conservation even though it's possible that none of them speaks it any more.

Edited by Stradlater

6 hours ago, Stradlater said:

What could be pointless to you couldn't possibly be the same for other. How do you know there aren't people out there who are patient enough to sit through the lectures of these dead languages?

Sure. I think though, if people were actually interested in doing it, let them do it on their free time as adults. However, teaching a dead language in high-school, is pretty much an exercise in pointlessness. Indian schooling system, as it is, needs to tone down the education pressure and give more time to the kids, to be kids in the first place. Teaching a dead language is literally the lowest priority of all.

17 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

bhagoda running away again!!!

brother, more claims taht need substantiating... will u provide us details today???

Says the bhagoda who is yet to substantiate any claim he makes with evidence....i guess thats the proof of why muslims are generally so backwards!

1 minute ago, Green Monster said:

chotu,

why dont u answer instead of slurring Muslims... its b/c u cant!!! 

Waiting for evidence from you first, because i have already presented far more evidence overall than you have. Just holding you to my superior standards. 

2 minutes ago, Green Monster said:

shifting burden of proof!!! i already said what i said was only an opinion, yet u said u can proove what u said, but u won't b/c u are jaahil +bhagoda+ fake engineer

I also said i wont be providing any evidence to YOU before you provide evidence first of any claim. I've already provided far more evidence than you have. 

MOD, why do we have same arguments in every single thread. Long discussions on non-issue and nobody likes to back anything with concrete proofs. 

I take strong objection to constant name calling. These people generalize everything every time. Such discussions are making no sense if there are similar rants post after post with nobody is getting anywhere. I dont want to single out anyone but that seems to be the trend. I personally feel that it would definitely affect the readership in a long run. People get tired of reading and miss out on the post that they want to read. 

Bhai jis gaon jana nahi uska pata kahe puchhte ho. let others discuss.

my 2 cents.

6 hours ago, Green Monster said:

speak it into existance chotu, noone believes u, everyone can see u wont give any proofs!!!

You dont speak for others, kiddo. 

I have provided university medical papers, peer reviewed papers. You have provided nothing. 

We can all see that.