Will take a call on my career after 2019 World Cup: Yuvraj Singh

My perspective when such statements are made by has beens.

Guys its fine for such players to make such statement. I know it makes many of us frustrated and I won’t like to see Yuvi myself in the team but we have to read it from where they are coming. All these players who are at the end of their career know that all they know in their life is to play cricket and just that nothing else. They are not any professional IT engineers etc, and cricket is all they talk. It might look like foolish and cringeworthy statement to us since we don’t want to see such players in the team who have failed a lot, but their statements come from their heart as cricket is all what they know at this time like I said, since that is what all they have done in life unlike us who put different hats and work may be 9-5 and are involved in other family stuff and have a lot more to do in life than just play or watch cricket.

Let them enjoy their lives and hope that they are not picked in the Indian team but also give them their space and understand them where they are cominng from when they make such statements.

29 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

So he will retire on the day WC2019 probables are announced?

Most likely. Unless Kohli & Shastri pick him because "experience cannot be bought in the market". That bring said, feel sad for Yuvi. Every sportsman dreams of one last shot at glory and he is no exception.

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Kisan 700 runs in a season, Samson 670 ruins in a season, Pant 900 runs in a season. Both in top scorers till now in the IPL.  Isnt it raising their hands? Dhoni never scored that many runs in a domestic season. His FC average was 32 when he played for India.

The problem is Pant after that season has been very iffy and he scored those runs in Ranji and Dhoni is no longer playing tests, he has been very iffy this IPL. Samson had litany of issues with his behaviour and he is not regarded as a very good keeper.

Samson is only guy who has been consistent this IPL. To replace Dhoni I feel they need to force the issue by their performances, noone is able to displace Parthiv as back up in tests either so what does that tell you.

15 hours ago, putrevus said:

The problem is Pant after that season has been very iffy and he scored those runs in Ranji and Dhoni is no longer playing tests, he has been very iffy this IPL. Samson had litany of issues with his behaviour and he is not regarded as a very good keeper.

Samson is only guy who has been consistent this IPL. To replace Dhoni I feel they need to force the issue by their performances, noone is able to displace Parthiv as back up in tests either so what does that tell you.

These three are as good as any at this point, have better first class records.  Don't expect a readymade Dhoni. Even Dhoni took time become the Dhoni. Pant also has been consistent this, not just Samson with just one real failure in the last game, two 40 plus scores, one 80 plus score, one quick cameo of 29 runs in 12 balls. Has an SR of 170 this IPL. Samson also has two failures, 4 good innings.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:01 AM, rkt.india said:

These three are as good as any at this point, have better first class records.  Don't expect a readymade Dhoni. Even Dhoni took time become the Dhoni. Pant also has been consistent this, not just Samson with just one real failure in the last game, two 40 plus scores, one 80 plus score, one quick cameo of 29 runs in 12 balls. Has an SR of 170 this IPL. Samson also has two failures, 4 good innings.

Selectors are expecting readymade player better than Dhoni. If these youngsters are so good why are they not able to replace even Parthiv patel as standin keeperfor tests.

Lot of us have complained about Dhoni with me including leading the charge but reality is these youngsters have not even cemented a place as backup wicketkeeper in tests.Dhoni has left tests in 2014 and this 2018.Selectors are reliant more on tested failures like Parthiv Patel or Karthik which is a sad reality.

I would never have IPL as a yardstick for anything.I still feel Dhoni is a burden for a t20 side and he should retire from it but he won't do it.

Just now, putrevus said:

Selectors are expecting readymade player better than Dhoni. If these youngsters are so good why are they not able to replace even Parthiv patel as standin keeperfor tests.

Lot of us have complained about Dhoni with me including leading the charge but reality is these youngsters have not even cemented a place as backup wicketkeeper in tests.Dhoni has left tests in 2014 and this 2018.Selectors are reliant more on tested failures like Parthiv Patel or Karthik which is a sad reality.

I would never have IPL as a yardstick for anything.I still feel Dhoni is a burden for a t20 side and he should retire from it but he won't do it.

Why should any sportsman " retire" from representing their country ?

It's the country that picks the sportsman not the sportsman who picks when he plays and doesn't play 

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

Why should any sportsman " retire" from representing their country ?

It's the country that picks the sportsman not the sportsman who picks when he plays and doesn't play 

They should not as long as someone is picking they can keep playing, it is not fault of Dhoni if he keeps getting picked.I always maintained that, but my personal opinion is he should retire  as there is no financial or any other reason for him to keep playing T20s.If he quits suddenly then team would be left scrambling to find new keeper. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:31 PM, rkt.india said:

pant is almost thrice talented as pant and kishan.....pant and kishan will be found out with their shoddy techniques....samson is on real class level...