IPL M23 | MI vs SRH | Wankhade Mumbai | 24th April 8 PM

zen

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i never said that being good batsman does mean u have to be a poor keeper, a poor keeper is more dangerous 

My point is these days not only does a keeper need to be a good or atleast safe keeper but also good with bat 

A lot of diff btw safe n poor keeper

But we don't have great keepers who can bat right now...our option is poor keepers who are decent bats(Pappu,DK) or brilliant keepers who are mediocre bats(Saha).....I know what I am picking especially in tests.

In LOI's if you make a case,I can agree.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

To quote Chappell on Akmal A poor keeper has to be as good as Bradman to justify his place in the team. 

We got thrashed overseas in the past not because of our bowling ot batting,both batsmen and bowlers have had moments of brilliance,our keeper not going for slip catches,fumbling straightforward chances and our slip cordon cost us big moments

No one in the world is as pathetic with the gloves as the Akmal clan.

But if India needs to be a top side especially when travelling a keeper who can bat is a must. Saha can do the first bit but is a diminishing asset in the second regard. At 34 years of age and 40 plus test innings, Saha doesn't have many chances left.

But India has quite a few upcoming options.

Just now, maniac said:

But we don't have great keepers who can bat right now...our option is poor keepers who are decent bats(Pappu,DK) or brilliant keepers who are mediocre bats(Saha).....I know what I am picking especially in tests.

In LOI's if you make a case,I can agree.

agreed,

Dk from his comeback has been decent with gloves but then again it remains to be seen how he does when he has to keep for whole day in test rather 20 overs 

Im hopeful Saha will do well in eng, as i doubt eng bowlers will worry him as much as Aus or Sa bowlers wud n yes in Eng u need a really good keeper coz the ball moves really late

Just now, shortbread said:

No one in the world is as pathetic with the gloves as the Akmal clan.

But if India needs to be a top side especially when travelling a keeper who can bat is a must. Saha can do the first bit but is a diminishing asset in the second regard. At 34 years of age and 40 plus test innings, Saha doesn't have many chances left.

But India has quite a few upcoming options.

Yes,but Pant and Kishan both are untested.We don't know how they will keep in tests especially in overseas conditions,that is too risky. The way to try them is via ODI format not even T20 to see how they will adapt but that slot is obviously blcoked.

I would rather take a risk of trying them in ODI's and then bring them to tests because in overseas tests,I would rather have a safe keeper.

Just now, jusarrived said:

Rohit Sharma,Ishant Sharma,Ben Stokes,Steve Smith,Joe Root,Ben Duckett,Jermaine Blackwood,Ross Taylor,Ambati Rayudu,Rishabh Pant,PJ Moor,Jeet Raval,Josh Hazelwood,Colin Munro,Matt Ranshaw

@maniac

I just noticed your list , you doing black magic on them bro ? 

Except for 1 or2 who are starting their careers,if most of them retire today,you can say they had decent careers and I made a call on them when they were starting as well :)

Duckett and Renshaw will still make it big