Jump to content
asterix

Hardik Pandya...

Recommended Posts

Heard he has dumped Ellie Evram and started dating Urvashi Rautela. No wonder cricket is his last priority.

He is trying too hard to date a bollywood girl like Kohli but the issue is he does not have 5% talent that Kohli had.

 

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/elli-avrrams-rumoured-boyfriend-hardik-pandya-spotted-flirting-with-urvashi-rautela-reports-1841276

 

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, velu said:

bowled well so far in this IPL ..

 

but today he was stuck between rock and a hard place

This is like giving excuses for Dhoni like,he does stumoings etc.

 

Either Pandya should be good enough to run through sides as a bowler or good enough to win matches on his own with the bat....just by being decent won't cut it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Heard he has dumped Ellie Evram and started dating Urvashi Rautela. No wonder cricket is his last priority.

He is trying too hard to date a bollywood girl like Kohli but the issue is he does not have 5% talent that Kohli had.

I still remember I think @Number 's quote that Pandya's claim to fame in 5 years time will be as a big boss contestant....I think that is a accurate description

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is like giving excuses for Dhoni like,he does stumoings etc.

 

Either Pandya should be good enough to run through sides as a bowler or good enough to win matches on his own with the bat....just by being decent won't cut it

 

i dont like to judge so early .. other batsmen were falling like a pack of cards , he was ina  very tough situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, velu said:

 

i dont like to judge so early .. other batsmen were falling like a pack of cards , he was ina  very tough situation 

He was in a cricket situation that required him to take charge but his very limited cricket brain showed as he did not have a clue what to do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, maniac said:

This guy is the first  cricketing superstar without doing jack at any level apart from 1 or 2 cameos.

 

We have found our own Boom Boom Afridi

Afridi came into scene when he hit 37 ball 100 against Sri Lankan Bowling attack Which was very good achievement.I don't even remember Hardik doing something meaningful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He must stop flying in the mumbai clouds and come back to earth. Hardik. stop cutting your hair like a panwala and start working hard. You represent the Indian team. YOu should be proud that you are representing a nation of over a billion people. Dont ever take your luck seriously. you are judged by your national performances not by this bambi franchise. Get real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3/19 was only because he was trying to farm the strike as Wickets kept falling from the other end and waiting for weaker bowlers like Sandeep, kaul, Thampi to hit out but pitch was not conducive to hit out and score 9-10 rpo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graeme Smith  scored 2 runs in 11 balls against RCB in 2009. However, now Hardik Pandya's innings of 3 runs in 19 balls holds the record of worst IPL innings. It has taken almost a decade for someone to break that record. Perhaps this is about to stay for more than a decade as no batsman batting from 1- 7 plays such innings.

 

His batting has become below average performance-wise. Too much hype and very less returns. He has power, perfect LOI batsman, can hit from ball 1, win match on his own ...blah blah. All the subjective talk is useless if he keeps giving the worst performances ever. 

Edited by Straight Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Garuda said:

He must stop flying in the mumbai clouds and come back to earth. Hardik. stop cutting your hair like a panwala and start working hard. You represent the Indian team. YOu should be proud that you are representing a nation of over a billion people. Dont ever take your luck seriously. you are judged by your national performances not by this bambi franchise. Get real.

He's put in some decent performances for the Indian side. In the final against Pakistan last year, he was the only one who put up a fight.

In some other ODI's too he's been a game winner/changer.

 

Even yesterday, he bowled well. Generally he hammers the spinners, but yesterday his batting was :mad:

I think he may just come good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Graeme Smith  scored 2 runs in 11 balls against RCB in 2009. However, now Hardik Pandya's innings of 3 runs in 19 balls holds the record of worst IPL innings. It has taken almost a decade for someone to break that record. Perhaps this is about to stay for more than a decade as no batsman batting from 1- 7 plays such innings.

 

His batting has become below average performance-wise. Too much hype and very less returns. He has power, perfect LOI batsman, can hit from ball 1, win match on his own ...blah blah. All the subjective talk is useless if he keeps giving the worst performances ever. 

this is the problem batting at #7, you are mostly batting with tailenders. Same thing happened yesterday. he tried to farm the strike. It was not because he could not hit, he didnt want tailenders to take strike as he was seeing Mclenghan and Markandey getting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

this is the problem batting at #7, you are mostly batting with tailenders. Same thing happened yesterday. he tried to farm the strike. It was not because he could not hit, he didnt want tailenders to take strike as he was seeing Mclenghan and Markandey getting out.

You may feel justified, however that was the worst innings i have seen in IPL. It's once in a decade innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He thought he could become the so called best finisher by consuming deliveries....and take the game to the last but this cannot happen all the time..in t20s one should not take more than 3-4 balls to settle..its an ultra fast version ..a quiet over makes a miles of difference but certainly I m not sold on his batting since his debut..The overall package is not satisfactory..he needs to put serious effort to address this.He should shun the idea of enhancing his looks which he does with his hairdo s ..yuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He thought he could become the so called best finisher by consuming deliveries....and take the game to the last but this cannot happen all the time..in t20s one should not take more than 3-4 balls to settle..its an ultra fast version ..a quiet over makes a miles of difference but certainly I m not sold on his batting since his debut..The overall package is not satisfactory..he needs to put serious effort to address this.He should shun the idea of enhancing his looks which he does with his hairdo s ..yuck

he did that because he was batting with tailenders. Taking singles would not have yielded anything anyway as those tailenders were getting out whenever they got strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

He thought he could become the so called best finisher by consuming deliveries....and take the game to the last but this cannot happen all the time..in t20s one should not take more than 3-4 balls to settle..its an ultra fast version ..a quiet over makes a miles of difference but certainly I m not sold on his batting since his debut..The overall package is not satisfactory..he needs to put serious effort to address this.He should shun the idea of enhancing his looks which he does with his hairdo s ..yuck

Don't mind all the hairstyle and facial grooming products he must be using.It's his life.But the nautanki he does on the field like overreacting when camera is on him etc is too much. 

 

Having said that performances have to come. Batsmen are tonking 50 runs in 12,13,14 balls and he scores 3 in 19. Not saying he should have SR of 300+ like some other batsman and score 50 at that SR, however one cannot bat at SR of 15.79 having faced 19 balls. It is unacceptable imo as well. I agree one does not needs to take 19 balls to settle or start scoring at run a ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

he did that because he was batting with tailenders. Taking singles would not have yielded anything anyway as those tailenders were getting out whenever they got strike.

This defensive strategy shouldn't work in t20. One of the major reason dhoni has been a pathetic t20 player is he has similar defensive mindset. It does work in ODIs but in t20 every ball is important. If you are losing anyway go for your shots defending good deliveries and taking calculated risks on others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

2/20 is a good bowling analysis for any alrounder.  So how is he left with nothing?

The captain still uses him as part timer , not frontline pacer.In match against RR his figure was 25 in 2.4 overs with two wickets.Against RCB he was just given 1 over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gollum said:

Will be stuck with this clown for 5 tests in Eng :facepalm:because according to KKK/Bot he has aggression and a good yoyo score.

In all fairness, he did play a very good test innings yesterday. He frustrated the bowlers with his astute defense.

 

I always knew that Pandya was using the IPL as net practice for the England tests. You should be happy.

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

What alternative do you suggest for overseas tests? 

I am not against him in tests per se, just that he shouldn't be a guaranteed starter. Give him a couple of matches and if he can't do jack, play 4 quicks+Ash/Jaddu or Ash, Jaddu and 3 quicks...depending on conditions. Need to be flexible because this guy is really inconsistent and IMO is not outstanding in either discipline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gollum said:

I am not against him in tests per se, just that he shouldn't be a guaranteed starter. Give him a couple of matches and if he can't do jack, play 4 quicks+Ash/Jaddu or Ash, Jaddu and 3 quicks...depending on conditions. Need to be flexible because this guy is really inconsistent and IMO is not outstanding in either discipline. 

Ash and Jaddu overseas in tests together?? I thought you knew better than this. That move is straight out of 'MSD's/Srini mama's CSK tactical t20 test captaincy manual' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Ash and Jaddu overseas in tests together?? I thought you knew better than this. That move is straight out of 'MSD's/Srini mama's CSK tactical t20 test captaincy manual' 

We are playing tests in late summer, there is a possibility of help for spin. I am not advocating for 2 spinners  every match, I said based on conditions. Obviously if it is a Lord's 2014 type green top or complete patta (600 meets 500 kinda decks) I will prefer 4 pacers. Besides when did MSD ever play both Ashwin and Jadeja in the same test match overseas? There is no doubt that this spin duo is a force to reckon with in red ball cricket, they compliment each other beautifully and both aren't dummies with the bat either. In the 2016 home series on flattish wickets our spinners caused all sorts of trouble for them, the scars aren't healed for the Poms.

 

Eng will play 7-8 lefties and Ashwin's bowling in SA was encouraging, he thoroughly outbowled Maharaj and Lyon looked like a dodo compared to the Saffer a month later. Come to think of it if we knew how to catch, Ashwin basically handed the 2nd test on a platter for us, that match ideally should have been dead and buried after the 1st 2 innings with us taking a handy 150 run lead, alas!!!! Jaddu IMO is a better bet than Pandya in 80% of situations because he can choke the runs from one end and may be on odd occasions even bowl a match winning spell, Pandya is yet to show he can win a test match with the ball. Besides Jaddu isn't inferior to Pandya with the bat, he has improved a great deal in the last 2 years and will get you consistent 30s coming in at no 8 rather than Pandya's occasional 90 followed by 9 single digit scores. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

In all fairness, he did play a very good test innings yesterday. He frustrated the MI Fans with his astute defense.

 

I always knew that Pandya was using the IPL as net practice for the England tests. You should be happy.

Corrected for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His plan was to play out Rashid and hit in the next 2 overs. The plan was good, but execution went awry - I dont blame him for the thought process.  I believe he is one of the MVPs in our team today.. Dont judge a player by his appearance; he has already played a number of match saving and match winning innings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kruiser said:

His plan was to play out Rashid and hit in the next 2 overs. The plan was good, but execution went awry - I dont blame him for the thought process.  I believe he is one of the MVPs in our team today.. Dont judge a player by his appearance; he has already played a number of match saving and match winning innings. 

No one plays out a maiden when greater than 12rpo is required. You either trust your partner or try finding boundaries yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Hasn't done jackshit apart from two fluke innings one in Odis and one in tests. He needs to spend more time at the crease than at the beauty parlor getting new highlights.

Huh?

The highlights are from his stylist. At the beauty parlour he must be getting his eyebrows done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Pandya wore glasses, had a normal haircut and said namaste, many would be rooting for him

 

Could be getting the hate for being “different” 

 

Don’t care about it Pandya. Enjoy your life and cricket :thumbsup: 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×