Is Hardik Pandya the biggest fraud to ever play for us ?

This thread is in stark contrast to the one I opened few months ago. 

I am very angry on HP for his shabby, utterly disgraceful performance today ( almost fixing type ) but since this is just an IPL game, I will reserve my judgement until the end of Eng tour. After that tour, his real value and his place in the Pantheons of Indian cricketers will be appropriately evaluated. 

3 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

This thread is in stark contrast to the one I opened few months ago. 

I am very angry on HP for his shabby, utterly disgraceful performance today ( almost fixing type ) but since this is just an IPL game, I will reserve my judgement until the end of Eng tour. After that tour, his real value and his place in the Pantheons of Indian cricketers will be appropriately evaluated. 

why the heck should he be penciled in for the England tour? pick a fast bowler who can swing it,he will be far more valuable than Hardik ever will.

40 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

why the heck should he be penciled in for the England tour? pick a fast bowler who can swing it,he will be far more valuable than Hardik ever will.

Remember, he did pick some wickets in SA. We should not give up on him just based on IPL performance. It is too early. Everyone fails but then his selection should not be automatic. He needs to feel a bit insecured about his place so that he gives it all and not chillax like with MI! As ppl are point out, he is going in the way of Sreesanth but let us prevent it from there!

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Pandya is a fraud. Dont say it on thois forum because they will accuse you of never watching cricket. Wht he ever played for India is beyond me. He is as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

He capitalizes on team's collective desperation (fair-enough that we are desperate) for a medium-pacer allrounder after Irfan Pathan fizzled out. But that should not be an excuse for very poor performances.

Edited by fineleg
9 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont watch ipl but i checked the score and 3(19) in a T20 game is beyond laughable,I have no idea why we continue to play him in the national team.there are some many good options like Sundar etc.He cant bowl,he cant bat,he cant play medium pacers at all.

I  Know have a perceived hate for him from the start, but here you are complaining despite not watching. This inning had a context. batting with tailenders. he took so many ball because he was not willing ot give strike to tailenders like Markande and Bumrah. He was the only one who could hit the ball, so, he played a maiden of Rashid Khan.  if he had taken a single, game would have been over in that over itself. he played maiden, waiting for weaker bowls though he got out trying to hit, was unsuccessful but cannot fault his intention.  he could easily take singles, give strike to tail and stayed not out, but he rather tried to take responsibility on himself and not run away. Anyone can fail, but most important thing is taking responsibility.  he failed this time, these experience will serve him in time to come and at bigger stages.

1 hour ago, fineleg said:

He capitalizes on team's collective desperation (fair-enough that we are desperate) for a medium-pacer allrounder after Irfan Pathan fizzled out. But that should not be an excuse for very poor performances.

this performance was for MI, not India. till he is doing well for India, dont care.