Do you believe in ghosts, Jinns, Aatmas (Bad-Ruh) living in graveyards, jungles, deserted temples...?

Alam_dar

6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I was in the 8th grade when my elder, but young cousin sister died in the hospital due to tuberculosis. 

She was living with her old mother in another city where we had no other relatives.

I visited her in the hospital and stayed there the night when she died. In the morning, I had to take her dead body back to home in an ambulance, while her mother had to stay longer in the hospital to pay the charges. 

It was about 5:00 (winter time) when we reached home (a flat on the 3rd story of a building) . There was a park in front of the building and playground of a college at the back. It was cold and dark all around and there was no person present there. 

Ambulance driver helped me to take her dead body on a stature to the 3rd story. And then he told me that he had to immediately go back to transport other dead bodies too. 

I got the keys. I opened the door, but I didn't know where the light switches were. It was a living room with little light coming from street lamp outside through the big glass windows. We put her dead body on the floor. The ambulance driver took the stature and went back. 

I also wanted to leave the flat along with him. But then I remember the stories that dead bodies should not be left alone till Funeral Prayers are not said over them, otherwise bad-Souls take control over the dead bodies. And then I said to the dead body of my cousin sister to not to worry and I would not let any devil to take control over her body, and I stayed there. 

But I lost the control over my mind. Strange thoughts automatically started coming in my mind.

I still remember one of those thoughts.

My mind questioned what would I do if the dead body sits up or stands up? 

My mind replied: Then I will go and lay down in place of the dead body. 

Then my mind suggested: No, that would be equal to suicide which is Haram in my religion. 

My mind further suggested: If dead body stands up, then I have to run faster, break the glasses of the windows and jump from the 3rd story ....

It was a total loss of mind control. I didn't want to think about these questions, but I was helpless. 

I don't know how much longer it took to her mother to come back with her car (may be half an hour). But I was there alone with dead body of my sister, and I didn't leave. I felt that half an hour time longer than 1 century time. 

Then her mother lit the lights and called the neighbours. It took me some more minutes to come out of the trauma and to get control over my mind again. 

Why did you not switch on the lights?

7 minutes ago, beetle said:

Most imp who lets a young teenager alone with a dead body that too of his cousin.I mean leave alone the Djinns, the fkin trauma alone would mentally torture him for the rest of his life :facepalm:.

My dad told us about this incidence.

He was posted in secundrabad. 

He was coming back on the scooter alone ....from a party. My mom did not go as she had a baby few days back.

On the way back, he had to pass by a pretty big graveyard. Just as he came close to the graveyard , he felt a tiny pat on his back. He looked back and there was nothing.

This pat on the back continued for a long stretch at regular intervals and he was $##t scared .

Finally the graveyard stretch finished and he reached a more civilised area. He stopped the scooter and got down to catch a breath.Then he realised his tie had flipped over his shoulder because of the wind and that was what was patting him on the back. 

Ghosts are what our mind makes us  believe.

18 minutes ago, beetle said:

Can ghosts or aatmas harm any one physically....like hurt or kill people. If yes...then how? They don't have a body to do the act.

There's this temple in Rajasthan, Mehandipur Balaji in Dausa district. You should read about it.

I have been to it multiple times. Fascinating stuff.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

While I didn't know exactly where the switches were as it was not my house and I had been rarely been there before. 

And when the Ambulance driver left, then I lost control over my mind and was unable to think rationally. I was only 13 years old at that time. 

Edited by Alam_dar

52 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Exactly. 

I suffered through it for the next many years. 

But can't really blame the poor mother.

She lost her child. She must have been going through her own hell to think about any one or anything else.

Besides it is different with a close one's body. For a parent , the body of a child is just the body of their precious child. They probably don't see it as a scary thing. She probably just was not in a right frame of mind.

But for a 13 year old, it can be pretty traumatic experience. No child should have to deal with death or dead body   so closely .:((

4 hours ago, beetle said:

I wouldn't do any of those because there are far worse people than ghosts out there just waiting.

As a woman, ghosts are not the scariest and safety issues prevent us from doing any of this even in the day.

If you ask me....I would rather prefer to meet ghost than sick predators.

Thank you for making us aware how unsafe women still are in our society and we have to work more to make things completely secure for them. 

There is no limit of shame when men turn into devils. 

In Pakistan, there are several cases where girls and women were buried in the graveyards, and that night people came, opened the grave and raped the dead bodies of the girls. 

With this level of frustration, really no ghost could match these human devils and no ghost could be so dangerous as these are. 

Things gone so bad that people are guarding the graves of girls whole night themselves or hire the guards to do so. 

Edited by Alam_dar

38 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Thank you for making us aware how unsafe women still are in our society and we have to work more to make things completely secure for them. 

There is no limit of shame when men turn into devils. 

In Pakistan, there are several cases where girls and women were buried in the graveyards, and that night people came, opened the grave and raped the dead bodies of the girls. 

With this level of frustration, really no ghost could match these human devils and no ghost could be so dangerous as these are. 

Things gone so bad that people are guarding the graves of girls whole night themselves or hire the guards to do so. 

Oh man I knew Indians were fked in this regard but Pakistanis take it to a whole new level.

It's like as if there exists some sort of competition between them.

6 hours ago, kira said:

What nonsense, this post is the prime example of uneducated idiots who get their info from movies instead of actual books. One man delayed the independence by 50 years? lol get your head out of your rear end and educate yourself

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

He is one of the greatest men to have taken birth, I have the highest regard for him.  Proud of Bapuji, immense honor that he took birth in my country :isalute:

Sorry guys, but he was the symbol of helplessness India was at that time after being ruled by foreigners for such a long time. His understanding of ahimsa was a selective one, Jains spoke of ahimsa not only towards all living beings but also self, Gandhi forgot the latter part. Also he had abnormal sexual fetishes.

21 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

How brave are you? 

Could you go alone in nights in the deserted places, famous for having some kind of effects of aatmas, jinns, ghosts ?

Could you see a horror film alone in a dark house without getting any kind of shivering? 

What would you do in this situation? :shock:

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Sorry guys, but he was the symbol of helplessness India was at that time after being ruled by foreigners for such a long time. His understanding of ahimsa was a selective one, Jains spoke of ahimsa not only towards all living beings but also self, Gandhi forgot the latter part. Also he had abnormal sexual fetishes.

Let us agree to disagree my friend. I respect Bapu the leader, not talking about his personal life. 

My reaction to ghost stories/horror movies has always been very polarized. Either I'd be extremely shaken or I'd be utterly indifferent.

Me and the Mr went to see Conjuring 2 at Metro Inox. Those of you who are familiar with the geography of the theatre, would know that the parking is behind in the foyer. He asked me to wait at the main entrance while he got the car and I told him rather loudly that there was NO WAY I'd wait alone. I was totally spooked. And it was completely irrational. It was only 11 odd pm and there were many other people in the complex. I just couldn't get my self to stand alone at the main entrance staring into the cross roads that converge onto that point. And its a junction I've crossed almost daily at some point of time in my life.  

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

My reaction to ghost stories/horror movies has always been very polarized. Either I'd be extremely shaken or I'd be utterly indifferent.

Me and the Mr went to see Conjuring 2 at Metro Inox. Those of you who are familiar with the geography of the theatre, would know that the parking is behind in the foyer. He asked me to wait at the main entrance while he got the car and I told him rather loudly that there was NO WAY I'd wait alone. I was totally spooked. And it was completely irrational. It was only 11 odd pm and there were many other people in the complex. I just couldn't get my self to stand alone at the main entrance staring into the cross roads that converge onto that point. And its a junction I've crossed almost daily at some point of time in my life.  

Serves you right for watching Conjuring.

Stupid movie.

I miss those B grade Ramsay production horror flicks from 80s.

Veerana, Purana Mandir :phehe:

They will always cast these nice looking hotties as Bhootnis and boy were they scary. Was quite fun.

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Serves you right for watching Conjuring.

Stupid movie.

I miss those B grade Ramsay production horror flicks from 80s.

Veerana, Purana Mandir :phehe:

They will always cast these nice looking hotties as Bhootnis and boy were they scary. Was quite fun.

Shakti Kapoor used to star in many of the Ramsay horror movies. I think he was a good choice because he looks scary even otherwise. However, Ramsay cast him as the lecherous side kick who'd cast eyes on the "nice looking hotties" as you put it , only to later find out seconds before the untimely demise of his character that the hotties were actually ghosts.

I was also very very spooked when I saw this Satyajit Ray film called Sonar Kila. Its about reincarnation. And this time Ii was a lot of us seeing the movie together at my place. It wasn't even a horror movie, but for a few moments I couldn't get myself to go to the kitchen and get water. 

I used to be act all brave in front of neighborhood kids, telling them ke koi bhoot voot nahi hota, and volunteered to do several such dares like going into a deserted school building alone at night, ouja board shenanigans, and one time watching "100 days" ....but each experience was terrifying.

Watched every single desi bhootiya movie in early/mid  90s: from vo phir aayegi to band darwaza to papi gudiya.

each n every time i ended up sleeping in my parents bed for several following nights.

Edited by punjabi_khota