Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brainfade

If you had an unlimited budget to make a really good movie, what would it be about, who would be your music director and why?

Recommended Posts

I would make my movie about a either a farmer or a jawan, his/her family and the struggles they go through to feed / protect their nation.  It would revolve around day-to-day heroism, random acts of kindness that people show in spite of their own poverty.

 

My music director would be A R Rahman.  This was a no-brainer for me.  Growing up in the '80s in Bengaluru, I was getting tired of the same-old, same-old stuff (it may have been good, but it was stale) and ARR was a big breath of fresh air.  His innovative tunes, use of technology, and penchant for bringing in fresh and sometimes untrained voices and giving them a stage, all make him an obvious choice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As cliched as it may sound, I'd make DDLJ 2. Raj and Simran return to London, start a life together and Raj has to work for a change. How real life couple problems affect them. Marital discord and how they eventually over come it.

 

I'd keep the same music team of the original DDLJ:  Jatin Lalit as directors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would remake John Wick :hail:

 

Part 1:

 

JW will have a GF after the death of his wife .. Will throw in 4/5 songs ..

When JW is chasing iosef , his father  will kidnap JWs GF.

Then comes climax.

 

Part 2:

 

This time JWis happily married ( his GF in the first movie is his wife now ).

When JW  is chasing antonia , his men will kidnap his wife now.

Thne climax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahabharata baby. It has everything in it from big battle scenes to romance to conspiracies to adventure to mythology. You name it. LOTR and ASOIAF are nothing when compared to it.

My director would be: Peter Jackson

Music director: John Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

As cliched as it may sound, I'd make DDLJ 2. Raj and Simran return to London, start a life together and Raj has to work for a change. How real life couple problems affect them. Marital discord and how they eventually over come it.

 

I'd keep the same music team of the original DDLJ:  Jatin Lalit as directors.

You have got to be kidding me :whack2:

It was torture enough watching that clown trying to act giving those sheepishly boring expressions and horrible voice for the first time and now you want us to go through that trauma once again. :facepalm:

Most overrated film of 20th century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i had an unlimited budget, it'd be a TV series, not a movie. Movies are almost never as good as a TV series, mostly due t the 120-200 min timeframe. 

 

And what i'd do is make a historic TV series like Rome. It doesnt have to be completely correct historically and the historical characters would not be the main characters ( or not the central ones at least) - but fictional characters would be used to illustrate the mindset, culture, art and realities of the time i choose to portray. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

If i had an unlimited budget, it'd be a TV series, not a movie. Movies are almost never as good as a TV series, mostly due t the 120-200 min timeframe. 

 

And what i'd do is make a historic TV series like Rome. It doesnt have to be completely correct historically and the historical characters would not be the main characters ( or not the central ones at least) - but fictional characters would be used to illustrate the mindset, culture, art and realities of the time i choose to portray. 

Music director? Hans Zimmermann? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

If i had an unlimited budget, it'd be a TV series, not a movie. Movies are almost never as good as a TV series, mostly due t the 120-200 min timeframe. 

 

And what i'd do is make a historic TV series like Rome. It doesnt have to be completely correct historically and the historical characters would not be the main characters ( or not the central ones at least) - but fictional characters would be used to illustrate the mindset, culture, art and realities of the time i choose to portray. 

Rome was Fantastic. Pity they wrapped it up in only 2 seasons.

Imagine similar series around the time of Mughals in India. Would be a treat to watch.

And I would go with Alexandre despalt over Hans Zimmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Rome was Fantastic. Pity they wrapped it up in only 2 seasons.

Imagine similar series around the time of Mughals in India. Would be a treat to watch.

And I would go with Alexandre despalt over Hans Zimmer.

Well i was thinking more about the demise of the Gupta empire period/ the Indo-Greek vs Shunga empire period or the even more intreaguing and 'blurred lines' of the Kannauj triangle tripartate struggle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Well i was thinking more about the demise of the Gupta empire period/ the Indo-Greek vs Shunga empire period or the even more intreaguing and 'blurred lines' of the Kannauj triangle tripartate struggle. 

Or the adventures of Imperial Cholas in the South East Asia.

Imagine a series based on life and experiences of two Tamil soldiers in the Chola army  while they witness the events of historical importance serving under RajaRaja and Rajendra 1 just like Lucius and Pullo did under Ceaser.

Would be quite awesome!

 

Kannauj Tripartite would be a great idea too. Three great Indian Powers in the Rajput era warring to take control of the greatest city in the Subcontinent at that time while the threat of newly emerging power of Islam looms over them.

Mouth watering!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Or the adventures of Imperial Cholas in the South East Asia.

Imagine a series based on life and experiences of two Tamil soldiers in the Chola army  while they witness the events of historical importance serving under RajaRaja and Rajendra 1 just like Lucius and Pullo did under Ceaser.

Would be quite awesome!

 

Kannauj Tripartite would be a great idea too. Three great Indian Powers in the Rajput era warring to take control of the greatest city in the Subcontinent at that time while the threat of newly emerging power of Islam looms over them.

Mouth watering!

The adventures of Lukku issu Veer Unnas and Teetu issu Pullomam sounds like a great tale already !!

 

On a side note, i think the Kannuaj triangle tale is not going to be recieved well in India today. For its a tale that completely destroys the 'clash of Indic vs muslim civilization' narrative. 
The 3 main warring powers were Rashtrakuta, Pala and Gurjara (in that order of power). And to counter each other, they made great alliances with the muslims. The Rashtrakutas were allies with Abbasid Empire and then the Habbari dynasty of Sindh - to undermine the Gurjaras. 
The Palas were allies with (still hindu/Buddhist at this point) Kabul-shahis and the Habbaris vs the Gurjaras.

The Gurjaras were in turn allies with the Pallavas, the Kamrupa kingdom and the Samanids to counter the Rashtrakutas, Palas and the Abbasids/Habbaris.


What makes the conflict also so interesting, is that the three sides had three different methods of war: Palas followed the ancient Indian tradition of chariots, war elephants and cannon-fodder infantry. The Gurjaras used the central asian model of overwhelming cavalry, while the Rashtrakutas were the first and probably the only imperium in India that came up with well structured, well trained heavy infantry soldiers - not as heavy as the Greco-Roman ones ofcourse ( that much metal will melt you in the desi heat) but ordered infantry formations.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The adventures of Lukku issu Veer Unnas and Teetu issu Pullomam sounds like a great tale already !!

 

On a side note, i think the Kannuaj triangle tale is not going to be recieved well in India today. For its a tale that completely destroys the 'clash of Indic vs muslim civilization' narrative. 
The 3 main warring powers were Rashtrakuta, Pala and Gurjara (in that order of power). And to counter each other, they made great alliances with the muslims. The Rashtrakutas were allies with Abbasid Empire and then the Habbari dynasty of Sindh - to undermine the Gurjaras. 
The Palas were allies with (still hindu/Buddhist at this point) Kabul-shahis and the Habbaris vs the Gurjaras.

The Gurjaras were in turn allies with the Pallavas, the Kamrupa kingdom and the Samanids to counter the Rashtrakutas, Palas and the Abbasids/Habbaris.


What makes the conflict also so interesting, is that the three sides had three different methods of war: Palas followed the ancient Indian tradition of chariots, war elephants and cannon-fodder infantry. The Gurjaras used the central asian model of overwhelming cavalry, while the Rashtrakutas were the first and probably the only imperium in India that came up with well structured, well trained heavy infantry soldiers - not as heavy as the Greco-Roman ones ofcourse ( that much metal will melt you in the desi heat) but ordered infantry formations.....

 

Yeah well there's that too but it could also be shown that how great Pratihar kings like Mihirbhoj and allies put a break to the unstoppable chariot of Ummayad Caliphate and the great battles fought such as battle of Rajasthan which saw a triple alliance kicking Arab asses so badly that for two centuries they didn't have the courage to invade India while at the same time the combined Caliphate armies reached as far back as France.

Could insert a nice short story about the legendary Bappa Rawal who is revered in Rajasthan for stopping Arabs.

 

Early Rajputs would make for a great show. Them vs Muslims was a fierce contests with the former in advantage most of the time until the Turks came into the scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah well there's that too but it could also be shown that how great Pratihar kings like Mihirbhoj and allies put a break to the unstoppable chariot of Ummayad Caliphate and the great battles fought such as battle of Rajasthan which saw a triple alliance kicking Arab asses so badly that for two centuries they didn't have the courage to invade India while at the same time the combined Caliphate armies reached as far back as France.

Could insert a nice short story about the legendary Bappa Rawal who is revered in Rajasthan for stopping Arabs.

 

Early Rajputs would make for a great show. Them vs Muslims was a fierce contests with the former in advantage most of the time until the Turks came into the scene.

The ones i find most underrated and most interesting, are the Rashtrakutas. Literally owned India all and sundry for most of the period (Rashtrakutas were the dominant power in the tripartite struggle), yet no one hardly ever knows of them. 
They also did something no other Indian dynasty has ever done - cross the Vindhyas from south to north and assert dominance in the indo-gangetic plains while being a southern power. 

 

Anyways, yea, that'd be my choice. A rome-like series that is a-historical in the narrative but highly historical in the art, the culture, the lifestyle and the imagery.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The ones i find most underrated and most interesting, are the Rashtrakutas. Literally owned India all and sundry for most of the period (Rashtrakutas were the dominant power in the tripartite struggle), yet no one hardly ever knows of them. 
They also did something no other Indian dynasty has ever done - cross the Vindhyas from south to north and assert dominance in the indo-gangetic plains while being a southern power. 

 

Anyways, yea, that'd be my choice. A rome-like series that is a-historical in the narrative but highly historical in the art, the culture, the lifestyle and the imagery.

 

Fun fact: Rathore rulers of Marwar region considered themselves ( and still do) as descendents of Rashtrakutas. Dunno how true that claim is though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A semi-masala film set during British Raj. May be in WW2 era using a combination of freedom struggle and Indiana Jones like story line 

 

Cast: Since many folks tell me that I should have joined movies, may be will act in it (after all its my $ :dontknow: )

 

Background score by late John Barry (assuming he would be alive)

 

Songs (if required) by RD Burman

 

Directed by David Lean (or Spielberg) as they are masters of such genre 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brainfade said:

I would make my movie about a either a farmer or a jawan, his/her family and the struggles they go through to feed / protect their nation.  It would revolve around day-to-day heroism, random acts of kindness that people show in spite of their own poverty.

 

My music director would be A R Rahman.  This was a no-brainer for me.  Growing up in the '80s in Bengaluru, I was getting tired of the same-old, same-old stuff (it may have been good, but it was stale) and ARR was a big breath of fresh air.  His innovative tunes, use of technology, and penchant for bringing in fresh and sometimes untrained voices and giving them a stage, all make him an obvious choice.  

you dont need an unlimited budget to make such a film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rkt.india said:

I have so many stories to tell. If I have unlimited budget, I would rather make several smaller budget films than making just one big budget extravaganza.  

In that case, why not just make an awesome TV-show ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will make movie for kids with Indian Characters and prince/ princesses. Some warrior princess in the central character of Indian origin fighting against all odds and defeating the mighty.

 

Music by Mandy Moore of Tangled 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I have so many stories to tell. If I have unlimited budget, I would rather make several smaller budget films than making just one big budget extravaganza.  

Here is a story for your film.Raj Kumar Tyagi is a Indian trundler who despite his 

Best effort cannot bowl above 140 .In India vs Pakistan final of champions trophy he had to defend 21 runs of last over but due to his slow speed he was unable to defend.Down and humilated he vowed to find tearaway quick to so that stain on India of being a country of trundlers is removed.He goes to villages and several parts of India to find such type of rookie to who he can train.You can add any type of masala here fast forward to end Tyagi's student is fast bowler and India and Pakistan meeting in World cup final .With barely 9 runs required of last over Tyagi's student was given the He bowled three reverse swimg yorkers all above 160 kph to clean bowled pak batsmen amd making India win World cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Here is a story for your film.Raj Kumar Tyagi is a Indian trundler who despite his 

Best effort cannot bowl above 140 .In India vs Pakistan final of champions trophy he had to defend 21 runs of last over but due to his slow speed he was unable to defend.Down and humilated he vowed to find tearaway quick to so that stain on India of being a country of trundlers is removed.He goes to villages and several parts of India to find such type of rookie to who he can train.You can add any type of masala here fast forward to end Tyagi's student is fast bowler and India and Pakistan meeting in World cup final .With barely 9 runs required of last over Tyagi's student was given the He bowled three reverse swimg yorkers all above 160 kph to clean bowled pak batsmen amd making India win World cup.

 

Fail+troll+is+fail+_1b7bd101b355759e77497b8fb4809ac1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV series, Ramayana , with authentic translation of text to Hindi by crowd sourcing content. Music by Zakir Hussain  or somebody knowing classical Indian music. No buffoonry like on India TV , but spending less on costumes, but more on content and sfx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

You have got to be kidding me :whack2:

It was torture enough watching that clown trying to act giving those sheepishly boring expressions and horrible voice for the first time and now you want us to go through that trauma once again. :facepalm:

Most overrated film of 20th century.

Don't do don't do....its a very fun romantic movie....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

A semi-masala film set during British Raj. May be in WW2 era using a combination of freedom struggle and Indiana Jones like story line 

 

Cast: Since many folks tell me that I should have joined movies, may be will act in it (after all its my $ :dontknow: )

 

Background score by late John Barry (assuming he would be alive)

 

Songs (if required) by RD Burman

 

Directed by David Lean (or Spielberg) as they are masters of such genre 

 

 

 

End sequence will be similar to this but with more action and stunts probably starting the sequence over water to avoid plagiarism 

 

Would do a better job than the aging Sir Roger Moore in the clip  :dance:

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got such great ideas:

 

Romance+Action+drama: College environment, poor guy, rich girl, initially they hate each other, guy protects girl from goons (action scene) suddenly they love each other and want to settle down, girls dad objects, tries to give a lot of money to poor guy who refuses coz uska pyaar sachcha hai, rich dad hires more goons to pack him off (another action scene) but guy emerges triumphant because of his poor mans strength, he's injured but is with his girl and a background romantic score, suddenly rich dad ka dil pighal gaya and he apologizes to poor guy and then marriage and the end!

 

Suspense+Thriller: There has been a crime (not sure robbery or murder) but there are lots of suspects and there's a smart policeman as our lead character, he figures out the criminal through an outstanding piece of genius: fingerprints on the crime scene! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would probably make a movie so complex that even I can not understand and since I have unlimited budget will pay a fortune to each critics and reviewing websites to critically acclaim the movie as the most intellectually appealing movie of the century and not meant for dumb peoples. Hire thousands of internet army to spread the narrative on various social media platforms of how it's a movie for Person with class. 

 

Some years later, people will say the movie was ahead of it's time and one of the finest to come out of bollywood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I have unlimited budget I will make a movie on Lord Shiva & Kali. The image of Shankar under Kali feet always amuse me. I would like to have the unlimited budget to make the best lord Shankar character ever shown on screen. 

 

I would like to use all the techniques available to make it a masterpiece.

 

I would hire Ajay Atul as music director as well as background music as they are good for devotional music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Mahabharata baby. It has everything in it from big battle scenes to romance to conspiracies to adventure to mythology. You name it. LOTR and ASOIAF are nothing when compared to it.

My director would be: Peter Jackson

Music director: John Williams

We should have a join venture, mahabharata if made correct has the power to popularise hindu mythology throughout the world, sick of Greek mythology regurgitated day in, day out. 

 

Should make a quintet, with atmosphere like 300, and story telling should be done by Kunti. Each volume intricately carved into a masterpiece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

If I have unlimited budget I will make a movie on Lord Shiva & Kali. The image of Shankar under Kali feet always amuse me. I would like to have the unlimited budget to make the best lord Shankar character ever shown on screen. 

 

I would like to use all the techniques available to make it a masterpiece.

 

I would hire Ajay Atul as music director as well as background music as they are good for devotional music. 

Very underrated duo. Outside the Marathi cinema circle not many people know about them even though they've done good work in Hindi too. I like Sachin-Jigar as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why such communally focused movies, be secular and make some movies on other prominent religions and their founders/prophets as well. The unlimited budget should hopefully be adequate for securing yourself and all the theatres :winky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@velu @Vilander@bowl_out 

 

Two close friends one is very rich. other one is doing milk business. But rich friend's dad wanted the land owned by milk friend to build a hotel. Out of friendship he just signs all the document and hands over the land to him. Then they have a fight at the hotel opening ceremony. Friendship breaks. Milk friend loses his land and everything. He challenges his rich friend that he would become richer than him and make his friend poor. He becomes rich in one song.  Remaining story will tell how he achieves that. :)

 

By the way

 

Hero - Rajinikanth

Heroine - Kushboo

Edited by vvvslaxman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

@velu @Vilander@bowl_out 

 

Two close friends one is very rich. other one is doing milk business. But rich friend's dad wanted the land owned by milk friend to build a hotel. Out of friendship he just signs all the document and hands over the land to him. Then they have a fight at the hotel opening ceremony. Friendship breaks. Milk friend loses his land and everything. He challenges his rich friend that he would become richer than him and make his friend poor. He becomes rich in one song.  Remaining story will tell how he achieves that. :)

 

By the way

 

Hero - Rajinikanth

Heroine - Kushboo

Malai da. Annamalai.

 

Whats this thread about? Never been to this side of ICF

Edited by bowl_out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name this famous Hindi  movie,.. 

A and C loves B, but B loves back only C.

A secretly loves B.

A and C are thick pals loves each other (brotherly)

D loves A

E loves D

E hates A because D loves A.

E confronts A and accidently kills D and he also  dies.

C and B come to know A also loves B, but it is too late to make amends and change partners.

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Name this famous Hindi  movie,.. 

A and C loves B, but B loves back only C.

A secretly loves B.

A and C are thick pals loves each other (brotherly)

D loves A

E loves D

E hates A because D loves A.

E confronts A and dies.

C and B come to know A also loves B, but it is too late to make amends and change partners.

Muqqadar ka Sikandar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×