How did billionaire Birla's son, Aryaman Birla, end up in RR IPL 2018 squad? (Chand, Porel, Aaron, Nathu all unsold)

chewy

So after Lalu Prasad Yadav's son fiasco, we now have son of Kumar Birla, chairman of Birla group being sneaked into an IPL team under radar at the auctions.

This guy has played only a grand total of 1 game at first class level (a single ranji for MP, where he flopped), yet somehow gets snapped up in the auction for 30L  

Not to mention Sehwag's nephew, Mayank Dagar, who has done nothing in domestic. Seems small bits of nepotism and money still interfering with players getting the opportunity to play on merit 

Guys he went unsold in IPL 2018 auction

Ishan Porel - 30L

Baba Aparajith - 20L

Umukt Chand - 20L

Varun Aaron - 50L

Nathu Singh - 20L

Sheldon Jackson - 20L

Rajneesh Gurbani - 20L

‘My dad’s money won’t play for me or put in hard work’.  yeah right, :lollypop:

dads-money-wont-play-for-me-or-put-in-ha

Edited by beetle

Nepotism has slowly started to creep into cricket now because it has money. before when Indian cricket in general was poor no one bothered to buy their way in but now because of IPL things have changed.

Bollywood and Politics is the other thing which runs on dynasties and nepotism.

The three things India is known for; cricket, bollywood and democracy are tainted with nepotism and corruption.

started to? Rohan Gavaskar, Stuart Binny, Anirudha Srikanth and many more

They usually had some talent but it makes me question whether influence had something to do with it. What if other players were given the opportunity that they needed. But birla :laugh: that is some serious nepotism. For a long time TN cricket was influenced by nepotism and knowing the "right people". Infact there needs to be some serious investigations done to uncover why some guy was selected.

If lalloos son can be selected why not this guy.

This guy is playing domestic cricket.

He has been selected in the team ,not the playing 11. If he was playing ahead of others ,then people should question.He is on the bench ,learning from other big players and coaches in domestic off season. It is not like he is not a cricketer. He is one and if the franchaisee wants him ,he can be in the team.

There are a lot of unknown players who were selected ahead of the people mentioned.

Nepotism has slowly started to creep into cricket now because it has money. before when Indian cricket in general was poor no one bothered to buy their way in but now because of IPL things have changed.

Bollywood and Politics is the other thing which runs on dynasties and nepotism.

The three things India is known for; cricket, bollywood and democracy are tainted with nepotism and corruption.

Nepotism was always there. Not something new.

So after Lalu Prasad Yadav's son fiasco, we now have son of Kumar Birla, chairman of Birla group being sneaked into an IPL team under radar at the auctions.

This guy has played only a grand total of 1 game at first class level (a single ranji for MP, where he flopped), yet somehow gets snapped up in the auction for 30L  

Not to mention Sehwag's nephew, Mayank Dagar, who has done nothing in domestic. Seems small bits of nepotism and money still interfering with players getting the opportunity to play on merit 

Ishan Porel - 30L

Baba Aparajith - 20L

Umukt Chand - 20L

Varun Aaron - 50L

Nathu Singh - 20L

Sheldon Jackson - 20L

Rajneesh Gurbani - 20L

‘My dad’s money won’t play for me or put in hard work’.  yeah right, :lollypop:

dads-money-wont-play-for-me-or-put-in-ha

Birla group is a major sponsor of RR since years. So it does not matters even if he has played just one FC match and others have toiled very very hard and has much more experience in FC or list A. Just like how trustees son who gets 40 % gets admission through quota seat whereas the other students who get 60% do not make the same college. :p:

image.png.3961178d0a896670f2ee5ab31dfd49c5.png

Edited by Straight Drive

Ishan porel was injured too.

ok, true, but those were just names on top of my head.

But there were several players with more international, domestic or U19 credentials then Birla’s son 

have to question where the ethics and morales lies of these coaches and backroom staff

If lalloos son can be selected why not this guy.

This guy is playing domestic cricket.

He has been selected in the team ,not the playing 11. If he was playing ahead of others ,then people should question.He is on the bench ,learning from other big players and coaches in domestic off season. It is not like he is not a cricketer. He is one and if the franchaisee wants him ,he can be in the team.

There are a lot of unknown players who were selected ahead of the people mentioned.

I question his spot in squad which definetly could have gone to a more deserving player, It’s not an issue, if hangs around with team paying for the experience but being picked up in the auction smacks of nepotism. 

To be fair, a lot of the unknown players who get picked also end up playing, I doubt Birla son will play just like Lallu’s son

IPL to be taken seriously with clean image needs get rid of this small crumbs of nepotism 

ok, true, but those were just names on top of my head.

But there were several players with more international, domestic or U19 credentials then Birla’s son 

have to question where the ethics and morales lies of these coaches and backroom staff

Varun Aaron, Shivam Dubey, Ankush Bains, Sheldon Jackson, Nikhil Naik, Jitesh Sharma, Vishnu Vinod, Rajneesh Gurbani, Cariappa , Saurabh Tiwary, Rishi Dhawan, Pragyan Ojha,  Faiz Fazal, Unmukt Chand are some names i can forward on top of my head. There are many more if we actually give more time to search better experienced IPL or List A or First class cricketers,

I question his spot in squad which definetly could have gone to a more deserving player, It’s not an issue, if hangs around with team paying for the experience but being picked up in the auction smacks of nepotism. 

To be fair, a lot of the unknown players who get picked also end up playing, I doubt Birla son will play just like Lallu’s son

IPL to be taken seriously with clean image needs get rid of this small crumbs of nepotism 

How do you know he is not good enough for ipl bench?

If experience was the criteria......bumrah ,pandya bros would not be in the ipl teams.

Bottom line,it is the money of the franchaisee and they decide who they want . If they choose wrong,they suffer.

If he is talented,his dad is paying for him getting an opportunity.If he fails...thats his money down the drain.

It is like school. The rich send their kids to good school. The poor have to work harder.but being rich is no guarantee for sucess .Being poor is no handicap if person is willing to work really hard.

If bcci does something like this ,then it should be investigated.

As fans ,we have the choice of supporting or not supporting the team or player.

This is ipl ,not the national team that we have to support even if we feel things are not fair.

Edited by beetle

How do you know he is not good enough for ipl bench?

If experience was the criteria......bumrah ,pandya bros would not be in the ipl teams.

Bottom line,it is the money of the franchaisee and they decide who they want . If they choose wrong,they suffer.

If he is talented,his dad is paying for him getting an opportunity.If he fails...thats his money down the drain.

It is like school. The rich send their kids to good school. The poor have to work harder.but being rich is no guarantee for sucess .Being poor is no handicap if person is willing to work really hard.

If bcci does something like this ,then it should be investigated.

As fans ,we have the choice of supporting or not supporting the team or player.

This is ipl ,not the national team that we have to support even if we feel things are not fair.

During  coaching of U-16 and U-14 players i found a tremendous use of influence whenever State Level U-14 and U-16 were selected. It was shambolic selection at one point of time. As we were a part of cricketing circle and had many colleagues working in various cricketing boards as well as IPL franchisees as managers i have a good idea of how some things work in Indian domestic season. At times i feel disappointed as to what happens. Cricketers who attend nets twice a day are getting neglected even if they score more runs. I have seen youngsters score two double hundreds in state level selection tournaments but still not even make squad. Instead others who are influential get even in playing 11. In no way i am saying kids of rich people have no talent. One prominent example being Saurav Ganguly.  

During  coaching of U-16 and U-14 players i found a tremendous use of influence whenever State Level U-14 and U-16 were selected. It was shambolic selection at one point of time. As we were a part of cricketing circle and had many colleagues working in various cricketing boards as well as IPL franchisees as managers i have a good idea of how some things work in Indian domestic season. At times i feel disappointed as to what happens. Cricketers who attend nets twice a day are getting neglected even if they score more runs. I have seen youngsters score two double hundreds in state level selection tournaments but still not even make squad. Instead others who are influential get even in playing 11. In no way i am saying kids of rich people have no talent. One prominent example being Saurav Ganguly.  

Corruption in cricket under national,zonal,state level cricket under bcci is serious . It should be investigated  and minimised .It should be reported and criticised in the media.BCCI is like the govt and is accountable to people

Ipl is different . There is no fixed criteria for selection . Even club level players can go to trials and impress the recruiters . We have seen many players come into ipl like this. Some have made names and some have disappeared.This birla boy is also one of them . He plays cricket and if the franchisee likes him for whatever reason,he gets to be in the team .If he is good....it works. If he is not good,then the team have lost the opportunity to get a good player in the team . Their loss.

Ipl is like a private company. If they don't look out for their interest ,they have to deal with it.

Besides we do not know how good or bad he is till he gets a chance. Just because he is rich,he should not be denied a  chance that others are getting . His fortunes on the field are in his hand only. His dad can't score runs for him .

In some ways this is good. If he is no good and fails in ipl ,he does it in front of the whole cricket playing world ,then there are less chances of him getting selected for the domestic teams because people will question.If he does well ,then we know his selection in domestic teams is based on some merit.

Edited by beetle

Ishan Porel - 30L

Baba Aparajith - 20L

Umukt Chand - 20L

Varun Aaron - 50L

Nathu Singh - 20L

Sheldon Jackson - 20L

Rajneesh Gurbani - 20L

Ishan and nathu injured.

Aparajith and sheldon have been in ipl teams for ages. They have not been given much chances and haven't made the most of the ones they got. If the same people keep getting selected,then how will newer playersever get a chance.

Varun Aaron.....has been playing forever but has not done much in ipl .Again....time for younger bowlers to get a chance ahead of him.

Unmukt chand was woefully out of form most year . Only getting back to form . 

Rajneesh Gurbani  probably a bit unlucky. There were so many new players in the auction. Should have got a chance considering his domestic performance.

Sometimes it is just about when your name is called and what slots are left in the team. He did deserve to be in ipl this year.

Edited by beetle

Corruption in cricket under national,zonal,state level cricket under bcci is serious . It should be investigated  and minimised .It should be reported and criticised in the media.BCCI is like the govt and is accountable to people

Ipl is different . There is no fixed criteria for selection . Even club level players can go to trials and impress the recruiters . We have seen many players come into ipl like this. Some have made names and some have disappeared.This birla boy is also one of them . He plays cricket and if the franchisee likes him for whatever reason,he gets to be in the team .If he is good....it works. If he is not good,then the team have lost the opportunity to get a good player in the team . Their loss.

Ipl is like a private company. If they don't look out for their interest ,they have to deal with it.

Besides we do not know how good or bad he is till he gets a chance. Just because he is rich,he should not be denied a  chance that others are getting . His fortunes on the field are in his hand only. His dad can't score runs for him .

In some ways this is good. If he is no good and fails in ipl ,he does it in front of the whole cricket playing world ,then there are less chances of him getting selected for the domestic teams because people will question.If he does well ,then we know his selection in domestic teams is based on some merit.

Some discrepancies were reported. A bone marrow test was done and there was a suspension of one kiddo. Regarding the non-selection of a kid who had scored two doubles in the selection matches, media had highlighted the issue when it was bought to their notice regarding this. Voice was raised but some things were tackled some were cover up giving some reason.

Now lets take an example which everyone is aware of as this is international one - Rahul is ignored in playing 11. Media is raising it because every coach and every cricketer has his journo writing for him. Also there was performance and statistics to prove. But who will complain. Some weird reason will be given.

In no way i am saying Aryaman is bad player because he is rich. Just think Vishnu Vinod was a better option considering the price as well as experience. The debate of better quality available is inevitable when there are so many options and few spots for selection. Teams hence have to be prudent in selections. However, as you say only RR will be at profit or loss by this selection. Fair enough, it's their money not ours, but selection is open for debate. Suspicion theories will happen when out of the box selection happen, especially for someone who has played only one FC match and others have played a lot lot more.

Anyways he will now be in transfer window as he could not make playing 11 even in one match.