Indian pacers who are bowling or have bowled 145 kph plus spells often

Express bowlers,  who can bowl 145 kph or more, have held a special place in the history of cricket.   This game is played with a hard ball and this kind of pace makes the batters very uncomfortable. If such pacers are even decently accurate than they invariably become consistent wicket-takers too.

In the year 2018, we have a bunch of young quicks bowling at this pace, albeit mostly in T20s  ( apart from Bumrah and Nagarkoti  ).

They are

Bumrah

Nagarkoti

Avesh

Mavi

Siraj

Even Khaleel and KM Asif have the potential.

Srinath did it in the 1990s.

Umesh and Aaron between 2011 and 2017.

This thread will track the Indian express bowlers' progress ... with videos where  available.

Please contribute.

Edited by express bowling

Don't remember exact speed, but he was quick in a test against Poms at home, I think in Mohali. How fast was VRV Singh, surely above 140 but did he touch 145?

He never clocked even 145 against poms. IIRC his fastest was 144.7 against Paul Collingwood.

Nehra 149

Zak 148

Ishant 151?

Sreesanth 147?

Even RP Singh and some others have bowled faster. 

Munaf was hype and expectation mostly. 

The current crop is the quickest and not only that the youngest to do so, they too me are as good or better than any one else in the world potentially we will see an Indian among the quickest bowlers in the world soon, I see these guys bowl as fast as Bond or even faster if they stay fit n are mentally strong.

Mavi, Nagarkotti, Avesh, Khalil, Asif, Thampi, Siraj are not just fast medium but Fast and potentially could be express one or two, also not to forget Kejroliya, Sangwan, Saini.

Both Munaf and Zak have been 140 k to 145 k pacers in their quickest years.

They rarely crossed 145 k ...  same with VRV. 

Nehra bowled 145 k to 150 k only in the WC 2003... so, he won't count as a 145+ pacer generally.

Sreesanth did bowl 145 k+ in quite a few series here and there.

But, the true 145 k+ pacers from India have been Srinath, Aaron, Umesh ... and now Bumrah and Nagarkoti ...  Avesh, Mavi and Siraj may become so only if they can sustain these speeds in multiple series.

He never clocked even 145 against poms. IIRC his fastest was 144.7 against Paul Collingwood.

Nehra 149

Zak 148

Ishant 151?

Sreesanth 147?

Even RP Singh and some others have bowled faster. 

Munaf was hype and expectation mostly. 

Munaf bowled 140 k to 145 k against England and also in the WI.   Fastest I  have seen was 146 k.  Moreover, he bowled that heavy ball and got steep bounce.

Ishant         152 k

Nehra       149.7 k

Sreesanth   149 k

Never in our history have we had a bowler who consistently bowled over 140. When i say consistently i dont mean a spell or two, i mean 4 out of 6 deliveries between 140 - 145 over a span of say 2 years irrespective of format. 

You must be joking !

Umesh and Aaron bowled  atleast 4 out of 6 deliveries (  often all 6 balls )  above 140 k and upto 152 k from 2011 to 2017.  

Bumrah has been doing the same from mid-2017 till now  ... and will probably do so for more than 2 years 

Shami does it often enough ... over a span of 5 years.

Srinath did not have speed guns but was very quick from 1993 to 1997.

You must be joking !

Umesh and Aaron bowled  atleast 4 out of 6 deliveries (  often all 6 balls )  above 140 k and upto 152 k from 2011 to 2017.  

Bumrah has been doing the same from mid-2017 till now  ... and will probably do so for more than 2 years 

Shami does it often enough ... over a span of 5 years.

Srinath did not have speed guns but was very quick from 1993 to 1997.

Yes Srinath was a genuine quick, many say he was as quick as Waqar if not quicker,I have also read Srinath clocked his  fastest at 156 k during South Africa tour in 96 which means he still remains the fastest Indian till date but havent find any video of it,the current crop comprises  atleast 5-6 bowlers who can bowl in excess of 150k given that if they maintain rheir fitness levels

Edited by Suhaan

Yes Srinath was a genuine quick, many say he was as quick as Waqar if not quicker,I have also read Srinath clocked his  fastest at 156 k during South Africa tour in 96 which means he still remains the fastest Indian till date but havent find any video of it,the current crop comprises  atleast 5-6 bowlers who can bowl in excess of 150k given that if they maintain rheir fitness levels

Srinath clocked 157 k in early 1997 in Zim.