Indian pacers who are bowling or have bowled 145 kph plus spells often

remember vrv clocking 91mph in an A team series vs pak.

Another guy whom i recall way quite quick but injury prone was a fellow called rakesh patel,used to play for baroda,i remember  a spell from him vs mumbai ,even had sachin in some discomfort ,i think he had sachin dropped once by 1st slip and then again off  a miscued pulled skier at midwicket.Must have been bowling well into the 140s in that spell ,i thought he was going to play for ind after watching him but couldn't quite make it.

He later played and was hitting 140.

Srinath's fastest was 154.5  in ODI World Cup. He bowled the fastest ball by Indian pacer ever. Nobody beats him yet. His bowling was good . Ge did use to drift to leg stump at times, however he had much better control for someone bowling very fast. He just wasn't a speed gun, he was accurate as well. The only problem with him was versatility - he learned to bowl the leg cutter only oin last two years of his career. Otherwise there was nothing much to complaint about his bowling. 

Azar was the slip fielder those day. I remember he said in interview that Srinath was the fastest Indian bowler he had ever seen. He also said he is faster than what it looks. Being a slip fielder he could judge the pace  well.

Edited by Straight Drive

Srinath's fastest was 154.5  in ODI World Cup. He bowled the fastest ball by Indian pacer ever. Nobody beats him yet. His bowling was good . Ge did use to drift to leg stump at times, however he had much better control for someone bowling very fast. He just wasn't a speed gun, he was accurate as well. The only problem with him was versatility - he learned to bowl the leg cutter only oin last two years of his career. Otherwise there was nothing much to complaint about his bowling. 

Azar was the slip fielder those day. I remember he said in interview that Srinath was the fastest Indian bowler he had ever seen. He also said he is faster than what it looks. Being a slip fielder he could judge the pace  well.

Srinath fastest in 1999 wc was 149. Fastest was by Shoaib at 154. Srinath was second fastest in that WC. Srinath's fast was clocked SA in 97 at 157k.

yes the trends have changed , earlier we had bowler who use to release the ball in air. Now we have hit the deck bowlers 

That is ominous for Ishant Sharma as until now he was the only guy doing that consistently. He needs to up the ante in county cricket to get things rolling and be able to retain his place and play 100 test matches for India. 

Mavi, Siraj , Avesh, Umesh have touched the 149k mark in this IPL. If anyone of them touches 150k+ mark, then who will the first to do so in this IPL?

May Indian bowlers have hit 150 in IPL. Umesh/Aaron/Ishant/Awana come to mind. you can check IPL fastest ball stats

I would add Atul Wassan to the list. In the only series he played against NZ, in NZ, he picked a fifer and was dangerous. He was pretty fast ( by Indian standards then). He would be 140+, although its just an assumption by me.

Harvinder Singh would be 140+.

Agarkar for a large part of his career used to bowl 86 mph - 88/89 mph consistently which was quick for that era. 

Zak cranked it upto 148k's in the 2003 WC. For the first part of his career, he was about 87mph to a top speed of 90mph.

Rp Singh had it in him to crank it upto 148-149 every now and then.

Srinath officially clocked 149.6k's in 99 WC.

What is Srinath's quickest recorded ball officially? Is Aaron's 153k ball the 2nd quickest delivery by an Indian pacer? 

149.6k’s was the only officially recorded speed of Srinath. It’s interesting to know that a day prior to the match between Australia and india in 99 Wc, the English and Aussie media had predicted probable speed that Srinath operated in, and they quoted Srinath to be bowling at 93 mph ( this is official and you can check the articles  from 99 if you can get hold of it). True to their word, Srinath did clock 93mph. 

Also goes on to show that people in the business knew Srinath was express but no commentator ever acknowledged it. Although in a talk show in 98, Harsha Bhogle was interviewing sunny and Srinath and Harsha was overawed by Agarkars pace. He asked sunny how could Agarkar bowl so quick. To which sunny replied that Agarkar was sharp, however Srinath was express. And he added that batsmen the world over were scared of Srinaths pace. ( am not making any of this up, it’s all officially said) . You can refer to Jayasuriyas post match interview in Sri Lanka test series in 2016 where he was asked by Manjrekar to name one indian bowler he was wary of. Jayasuriya replied it was Srinath because he was tough to handle. Manjrekars response to the same was a mocking smile and shock that anyone could be scared of a bowler as lowly as Srinath ( in manjrekars dictionary). 

? Is Aaron's 153k ball the 2nd quickest delivery by an Indian pacer? 

Srinath himself clocked 157 k  and  156 k.  I am sure there were other 155 k + balls which were not recorded.

Aaron once clocked  161 k  in Australia 2014 ... but that ball was not recognised. That delivery can still be seen on the ICC website.  Similar thing happened when Lee clocked 165 k in the mid 2000s.

Srinath himself clocked 157 k  and  156 k.  I am sure there were other 155 k + balls which were not recorded.

Aaron once clocked  161 k  in Australia 2014 ... but that ball was not recognised. That delivery can still be seen on the ICC website.  Similar thing happened when Lee clocked 165 k in the mid 2000s.

Srinath clocked 157, 156 in SA. He clocked 152 in NZ in 98 tour to NZ. I saw that. however, these are not officially recognized. 

Can you send the link to 161k of Aaron, Express bhai? I was not aware. If Aaron clocked it, theres still some chance that the speed could be genuine.

He never clocked even 145 against poms. IIRC his fastest was 144.7 against Paul Collingwood.

Nehra 149

Zak 148

Ishant 151?

Sreesanth 147?

Even RP Singh and some others have bowled faster. 

Munaf was hype and expectation mostly. 

Ishant 152 

Can you send the link to 161k of Aaron, Express bhai? I was not aware. If Aaron clocked it, theres still some chance that the speed could be genuine.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/match/2622#hawk-eye_bowl-speeds

http://www.bcci.tv/australia-v-india-2014/match/01

Check ....    Hawkeye /  Bowlspeeds / Australia 1st innings  for both

Edited by express bowling

Srinath clocked 157, 156 in SA. He clocked 152 in NZ in 98 tour to NZ. I saw that. however, these are not officially recognized. 

I have heard of these speeds clocked by Srinath but is there any video evidence now to prove that? As far as im aware the Zimbabwe Vs India match from early 97 is available online and I didn't see speed gun readings for that. Prior to the 1999-00 season, speed gun readings were available only on some tours of SA/NZ/England but it's hard to find. 

I have heard of these speeds clocked by Srinath but is there any video evidence now to prove that? As far as im aware the Zimbabwe Vs India match from early 97 is available online and I didn't see speed gun readings for that. Prior to the 1999-00 season, speed gun readings were available only on some tours of SA/NZ/England but it's hard to find. 

Read this article by Alistair Campbell. I found this article around 2001, and since then many have quoted this. I do mean to be a little boastful, I found this article first about 15-16 yrs ago -

http://static.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ZIM/NEWS/ARTICLES_OLD/CAMPBELL_INTERVIEW_APR1997.html

@Rightarmfast  gave you a cricinfo link of the 157 k ball bowled against Zimbabwe in 1997.

The 157 k speed is mentioned in Wikipedia too. Here is an excerpt ...

"  The Zimbabwe captain Alistair Campbell, revealed that Srinath was recorded at 157 km/hr on 27 January 1997, in the game at Paarl between India and Zimbabwe. He said about this game: "We then moved on to our second game against India, at Boland Bank Park. In all 236 was quite a decent score, as it wasn't the easiest of pitches to bat on, and Srinath I think, bowled the quickest than any of our guys had ever seen. He bowled a really quick spell early on, even quicker than Allan Donald; he was timed at 157 km/h, a good 10 km/h faster than Donald was bowling throughout the tournament. Grant Flower was hit on the thigh pad, and when he came off he said he thought he had broken his leg".  "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javagal_Srinath

Here is another espncricinfo article talking about the 156 k ball in SA your 1996. An excerpt ...

" Between December '96 and February '97 Srinath's speeds were timed in excess of 150kph and were comparable to those of both Allan Donald and South Africa's 'new' pace sensation Lance Klusener. Whilst Klusener's fastest ball came in at 154kph and he proved at the time to be faster than Donald, it has been brought to my attention on numerous occasions that Srinath pipped them both with one particular delivery measured at 156kph. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/111878.html