England jump ahead of India in ODI rankings

So we'll battle them for the spot in the summer? Hopefully Pakistan don't allow England to get too far ahead.

Latest ODI rankings

1. England 125 (+8)
2. India 122 (-1)
3. South Africa 113 (-4)
4. New Zealand 112 (-2)
5. Australia 104 (-8)
6. Pakistan 102 (+6)

7. Bangladesh 93 (+3)
8. Sri Lanka 77 (-7)
9. Windies 69 (-5)
10. Afghanistan 63 (+5)
11. Zimbabwe 55 (+4)
12. Ireland 38 (-3)

Edited by Sachinism

That's ok, white ball rankings mean zilch...only ICC tourneys matter.

Great news is that in the only format that matters, we have extended our lead over SA to 13 points :dance:. SA tour Lanka in July for 2 tests, even if they win 2-0 (unlikely because of inclement weather plus SA has historically found Lanka a tough place to tour) they gain only 3 points. If that is the case unless we lose in Eng by a margin of >=3 tests (i.e. 3-0, 4-1 or higher) we will continue to hold on to our top spot till December at least (unless WI shock us at home...unlikely). Since 2003 (inception of ICC rankings as we know it now) Aus have been no 1 for 83 months, SA for 42 months, India 40, England 12 and Pakistan 2. By year end we are most probably going to shoot past SA to no 2 spot which will be epic. I mean come on, did any of us ever expect in 2003 that Aus team will eventually decline and India will be world no 1 for over 4 years cumulative in the coming 15 years? Even in my wildest dreams I never expected us to compete for no 1 test spot with heavyweights like Aus and SA around. 

Having said that if we lose 2-0 or 3-1 in Eng we will still be mathematical no 1 but mazaa nahi aayega...it will feel undeserved. We should at least draw the series to justify our top ranking after the fiasco in SA. We were at our worst in 2014 and still only lost 1-3, I believe this time we are better and Eng worse, so logically we should do better. Better personnel, more experience, better captain, better quicks, depth in pace unit, better Ashwin, more confidence, psychological fear of Eng buried in 2016, more prep time....everything points to a decisive Indian victory.