Arrest the selectors If Prithvi Shaw or Pant or Kishan or Shubman Gill don’t play the next series!!!

maniac

Enough of Pandey, Jadhav etc....even Iyer is not the answer atleast yet...this kid is special 

Time for Kohli and Dhoni or Shastri or whoever to grow a spine and encourage genuine talent 

I don’t think they”l do it with WC just around the corner next year.

I don’t think they”l do it with WC just around the corner next year.

You can’t risk Pandey and Jadhav in the WC....can you imagine our middle 

order consists of a combination of Rahane,DK,Pandya,Dhoni,Pandey and Jadhav that will be a disaster in the making.

Nahin yaar. Has severe technical flaw that doesn't get exposed on Indian wickets- his back foot moves back constantly. I used to have this problem and it caused me all sorts of problems. He needs Pontings help to sort this out. 

Technical deficiencies won’t have much impact in LOI format...plenty of “flawed” cricketers have had stellar LOI records including the much maligned Dhoni.

Hope OP means white ball cricket and not the real deal, at least not in England this summer.

High backlift, follows the ball, jabs at it instead of allowing it to come, unimpressive footwork...everything I have seen (since U-19 WC, including domestic) suggests Anderson will get him caught behind/slip cordon thrice in 20 balls, and I am being kind on the kid. I hope he tours with A team and is fast tracked in NCA as a priority case but test initiation should come late. He needs to reduce his backlift because international bowlers aren't Unadkut.....more often than not he will be hurried and prone to LBW, bowled also if ball is pitched up at 140+ pace consistently. Higher the backlift more he will follow the ball and fish at stuff meant to be left alone. Most important advice esp for openers is to keep the bat close to your body so that you never chase the ball. The bowler ideally wants bat to be as far away as possible from body and a sensible batsman should attempt to keep bat as close as possible to the body. If your bat is closer to the body not only do you protect your inner edge but also your eye will be atop the bat handle and head will be still, so you can see the ball from closer and till last moment thus avoiding catching practice behind the stumps.

Also his footwork needs to improve, like the original Bombay maestro he should spend more time skipping than lifting weights in the gym. If your footwork is excellent you will always be in a good position to play or leave, if that area is inadequate you will be handicapped from the word go. In tennis decline begins when footwork slows, older players lose a spring in the step and hence are forced to rally from uncomfortable angles and court positions thus losing timing and forcing predictable court angles. But test batting is even more brutal because of less margin of error, in tennis you can land the ball in the middle of the court and still hope to win a rally, for batsmen a tiny edge will suffice to spell doom. Shaw is still a work in progress, he should try to play in England which is the best school for top order batsmen. At least one of the areas, backlift or footwork needs to improve else he will have a mediocre career. Follow the example of Lara who honed his skills in county cricket early summer and learnt how to cope with his shortcomings, his twinkling dancer like footwork can be attributed to his county stint...even in his fag end he score a 70 odd against Aus in 2007 CWC, check out that innings especially Lara's footwork which will put to shame modern era superstars. Ofc Lara is Lara and none can ever match him but Shaw needs to follow the footsteps of these colossal masters if he wants to build a name. Even a step below county level will improve his current state by leaps and bounds. 

Edited by Gollum

Technical deficiencies won’t have much impact in LOI format...plenty of “flawed” cricketers have had stellar LOI records including the much maligned Dhoni.

MSD tended to struggle against quality attacks overseas in Australia and South Africa. Flawed technique will suss you out eventually. Basics of cricket never change.

Need consistency! For now Pant should be in. Shaw has time.

Let him learn by playing with the big boys......Yes for tests let him play domestics but he should be in the LOI scheme of things like right now....enough of Pandeys and Jadhavs of the world

Edited by maniac