Vijay Sankar reminds me of Jacques Kallis

sarcastic

Vijay seems like a dud when batting. Hardly hits outside the inner circle and seems to play very slow. I have memories of the great Kallis being slothy too for a good part while he is on the crease.

But suddenly, when the time seems ripe, Kallis uses to usher in a flurry of sixers... just lifting them like rocks so effortlessly... But he was a strong man though. 

Vijay seems to have that knack of hitting sixes at will when things are all on the place for him..>I mean mentally etc. But for that to happen could take a Long Long time and could waste a lot of balls before he starts doing that. 

Edited by sarcastic

he is a terrific talent , someone who can be a gr8 no.6 in test specially overseas

can play be like mathews in odi squad, the more his plays the better he ll get

Him n pandya are 2 silver lining when it comes to our all rounder need and strangely both of them are the most undeservingly bashed player. 

Mark my words these 2 will shut many mouths in next 5 yrs

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he is a terrific talent , someone who can be a gr8 no.6 in test specially overseas

can play be like mathews in odi squad, the more his plays the better he ll get

Him n pandya are 2 silver lining when it comes to our all rounder need and strangely both of them are the most undeservingly bashed player. 

Mark my words these 2 will shut many mouths in next 5 yrs

Mediocre player and no where close to Hardik Pandya. You sure have very high hopes from VS which will come down crashing in next few days, 5 years is too long to invest in him. We already have BK and Pandya (both younger than him) and VS stands no chance.

4 hours ago, fineleg said:

Lotsa hype! Will fall flat in non-subcontinental batting conditions against quality bowling attack.

Yup. If you look at it those are matches where you can just plonk your front foot and hit through the line. Even when he executes he loses his shape. This is why i am disappointed KKD did not promote Gill. All these guys get hyped while the real talent is languishing at no.6, no.7 unable to showcase his full range of shots.

Who is Vijay Sankar? Isn't it Amitabh's character from Don, the guy who sings Khaike paan Benaras wala

I see the similarity, I can imagine Kallis doing his all round thumkas with a gamcha around his waist.

Lol, people here are replying as if Kallis is some great T20 player. We are not talking about tests or ODI batting of Kallis here.

In the IPL, Kallis was exactly as OP pointed out, would do tuk tuk for long and then only start hitting at last minute.

Not saying the comparison is valid or anything, but funny seeing comments that no one should be compared to Kallis style of batting in T20 cricket :phehe:

Kallis was a SOLID BATSMAN and he was very good against genuine Pacers too where as this guy is a SHADY BATSMAN...

Kallis used to bowl from 127 to 146K where as this guy bowls 120 to 135K with not much control over his line n length.

Vijay shankar has some genuine fielding issue's.

Vijay Shankar has serious temperament issue's, if you observe him carefully he seems as if he is not very Confident whether he belongs into the team 11 where as Hardik has Over Confidence Issue's...

one guy has less confidence and one guy is Over confident.

COnfidence brings Performance and that is why Hardik is way Ahead of Vijay SHankar.

Lets not compare Kallis with either of them as Kallis is WAY Ahead and probably better than Kapil dev and richard Hadlee as all rounder.

hardik is also not good enough to be compared to Kapil dev and Vijay is a Joke of an all rounder.

Washington sundar will suceed as a bowling all rounder.

8 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Kallis was a SOLID BATSMAN and he was very good against genuine Pacers too where as this guy is a SHADY BATSMAN...

Kallis used to bowl from 127 to 146K where as this guy bowls 120 to 135K with not much control over his line n length.

Vijay shankar has some genuine fielding issue's.

Vijay Shankar has serious temperament issue's, if you observe him carefully he seems as if he is not very Confident whether he belongs into the team 11 where as Hardik has Over Confidence Issue's...

one guy has less confidence and one guy is Over confident.

COnfidence brings Performance and that is why Hardik is way Ahead of Vijay SHankar.

Lets not compare Kallis with either of them as Kallis is WAY Ahead and probably better than Kapil dev and richard Hadlee as all rounder.

hardik is also not good enough to be compared to Kapil dev and Vijay is a Joke of an all rounder.

Washington sundar will suceed as a bowling all rounder.

No body is saying Vijay Sankar is the next Kallis. But his batting (especially in T20s) seems very similar to that of Kallis. And regarding solidity, I hear VS is also very solid Ranji batsman who comes in the middle order for Tamil Nadu. 

44 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

No body is saying Vijay Sankar is the next Kallis. But his batting (especially in T20s) seems very similar to that of Kallis. And regarding solidity, I hear VS is also very solid Ranji batsman who comes in the middle order for Tamil Nadu. 

My dear Ranji Batting and Batting in international matches are two totally different things, i am talking about his Skills when he is compared to international bowlers and batsman, MUSHFIQAR made him into a Joker and many good bowlers have sorted him out, he did hit a few Sixes but that was not enough to prove his batting skills.

His bowling has been so unimpressive that he has never been asked to bowl 4 overs in a t20 game till now, so he is being considered as a part time bowler...that itself speaks how good a bowler he is.

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

My dear Ranji Batting and Batting in international matches are two totally different things, i am talking about his Skills when he is compared to international bowlers and batsman, MUSHFIQAR made him into a Joker and many good bowlers have sorted him out, he did hit a few Sixes but that was not enough to prove his batting skills.

His bowling has been so unimpressive that he has never been asked to bowl 4 overs in a t20 game till now, so he is being considered as a part time bowler...that itself speaks how good a bowler he is.

Yeah his bowling reminds me of vrv Singh :agree: