Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
velu

Star Sports commentators are brutal !!!

Recommended Posts

Scott Styris : Lets just say its a world cup semi final and they need six runs and the venue is Eden Park.

Smith : I know Scotty what you are trying to do don’t do that.

Smith was asking Styris to explain what kind of shot did Colin played as he was not trying to hit a six to which Styris replied that how he is a free spirited guy and at times can leave you scratching your head.

Edited by gambhirfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Scott Styris : Lets just say its a world cup semi final and they need six runs and the venue is Eden Park.

Smith : I know Scotty what you are trying to do don’t do that.

Smith was asking Styris to explain what kind of shot did Colin played as he was not trying to hit a six to which Styris replied that how he is a free spirited guy and at times can leave you scratching your head.

was difficult for CDG .. bhuvi didnt miss his yorkers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, velu said:

was difficult for CDG .. bhuvi didnt miss his yorkers 

For a while I was not able to understand what CDG was doing there.Smith was very excited he was asking Styris who was trying to defend CDG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

For a while I was not able to understand what CDG was doing there.Smith was very excited he was asking Styris who was trying to defend CDG.

he whacked rashid khan and turned the game towards RCBs favor .. like 26 needed from 21 balls

but both bhuvi and kaul bowled superbly well .. one or two length balls to him , might have gone to sixes , but he didnt get any

mandeep is worse .. players liek anderson might have finsihed the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

but they did take the game to the last over.

they tried finishing it before 18th over and lost way too many wickets in the middle ..

might have been a easy chase with players like dhoni 

 

check csk vs rcb match .. match was going to the last over , but dhoni finished it in the 17th over like a boss 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching star sports select 1 and absolutely loving it. You cannot hear the rantings of the manjus , old prick sunny etc..

 

Liked styris , Brett Lee and Dean Jones commentary. 

 

Dean Jones infact should be picked by someone as a strategist. I know some Pak franchise already did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Watching star sports select 1 and absolutely loving it. You cannot hear the rantings of the manjus , old prick sunny etc..

 

Liked styris , Brett Lee and Dean Jones commentary. 

 

Dean Jones infact should be picked by someone as a strategist. I know some Pak franchise already did that.

He is coach of Islamabad United who have won twice under him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Scott Styris when Kohli dropped Hooda oh no for the second time the skipper has dropped a catch and what’s more it has hit him where it hurts the most.I’m sure its going to hurt him for a while :hysterical:

 

thats really funny :rotfl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say, I'm absolutely loving and addicted to this dugout commentary idea. No over the top screaming, just plain discussion and analysis. 

 

I started listening to it since yesterday and now normal feed seems too loud. 

 

Try dugout guys, it's really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so so so glad that Star Sports got the IPL rights. Sony was unbearable. Even thinking about it now makes me cringe.

 

The regular coverage on Star Sports itself is a pretty good upgrade over Sony, but the dugout on Star Select is even better for the serious cricket fans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vk1 said:

The star sports select commentary is just awesome. It's unplugged and like the OP says brutally straightforward.

Listening to the commentary reminds me of some of the sane voices in our forum.

 

esp deano , styris , waugh :p:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sangakara : Trent Boult has done really well for DD Scott Styris you must be very happy.Kiwis have been really good this Ipl.

Styris : Thank you Sanga perhaps Aussies didn’t give us that much competition and the Srilankans as well.By the way where are the Srilankans  Sanga :hysterical:?

Sanga:They are on their way in his fake accent they are on their way you will see them next year.

Smith:May be in a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Sangakara : Trent Boult has done really well for DD Scott Styris you must be very happy.Kiwis have been really good this Ipl.

Styris : Thank you Sanga perhaps Aussies didn’t give us that much competition and the Srilankans as well.By the way where are the Srilankans  Sanga :hysterical:?

Sanga:They are on their way in his fake accent they are on their way you will see them next year.

Smith:May be in a couple of years.

The smug fake accented asskissing Sanga pwned :whack::hysterical:

Edited by Garuda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I don't like is Styris putting on a fake smile or a grin on his face after the game but he has been brilliant and when ever the match is evenly poised or the chasing team needs 12 of 3 the way he trolls Smith is hilarious :laugh:.That game where SRH needed 19 of 3 deliveries against RCB Smith wanted a super over he wanted Hooda to hit 3 sixes.Styris trolled him that if it was a WC semi final and a South African bowling would have been brilliant :laugh:.Him Mark Waugh and Deano are the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, velu said:

how to bolw to naraine 

 

styris - "just target his ( naraine )  head .. hit his head"

sanga -"this is the problem if you spend more time with brett lee"

Do you think they read The Realist’s posts here that is why they have been doing their commentary the same way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Do you think they read The Realist’s posts here that is why they have been doing their commentary the same way?

 

their target is to make the commentary interesting by having a go at the players ..

make for of fielders if they drop a catch , or batsmen when they miss a ball etc ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×