Immigration crackdown in US

vvvslaxman

Not sure if you have a thread for this. But since i run into many people facing immigration issue. Be it is H1B extension or applying for H4 or OPT jobs many are facing so many hurdles. Some move to Canada as the green card back log is so long. Guys without proper educational background get denied even on their 3rd extension.

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

True. The obsession is mind boggling. Options they explore is joining military, getting married to a citizen, doing Phd(which is wrong by the way. But that is only for GC), faking documents. 

they are brown .. otherwise they might have started "save english" movement like what vaiko and other fellow golts are doing :p:

I didn't know that H4s could start working without an EAD. When did this change? Now, that Trump pulled that plug out, they are feeling sad. Ideally, H1-Bs could sponsor H4-s to their spouses and during GC application, they could apply for EAD and start working on EAD. 

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I didn't know that H4s could start working without an EAD. When did this change? Now, that Trump pulled that plug out, they are feeling sad. Ideally, H1-Bs could sponsor H4-s to their spouses and during GC application, they could apply for EAD and start working on EAD. 

It is most likely going away. They are going to make it harder and harder over the next few years so much so people would hesitate to come here. Already Canada, UK, Australia are getting more application. Justin Trudeau is so happy about it.

5 hours ago, velu said:

after golts tamil are the culprits  :p:

when i joined samsung , one innocent telugu guy asked fellow joinees whther they will do background check or not :rotfl: 

But lot of Tamils do return home. They prefer going back. I rarely see that among telugus. It is life or death situation for them from what i see. They try all kind of things to make quick bucks. Investing a lot in stocks, excessive gambling.  They have all kind of tricks like buying an iphone with insurance and shutting down, reporting it is stolen and send that to India. So they get two phones for price of one phone. I cannot imagine myself doing such things. Same with fake interviews, skype lip sync interviews. Sorry to say Telugu friends here. Don't be offended. I have seen lot of good telugu software guys. But there are lot of guys morally, ethically bankrupt who do all kind of things to get greenc ard.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

But lot of Tamils do return home. They prefer going back. I rarely see that among telugus. It is life or death situation for them from what i see. They try all kind of things to make quick bucks. Investing a lot in stocks, excessive gambling.  They have all kind of tricks like buying an iphone with insurance and shutting down, reporting it is stolen and send that to India. So they get two phones for price of one phone. I cannot imagine myself doing such things. Same with fake interviews, skype lip sync interviews. Sorry to say Telugu friends here. Don't be offended. I have seen lot of good telugu software guys. But there are lot of guys morally, ethically bankrupt who do all kind of things to get greenc ard.

I know one telugu guy who did that and have taken lot of loans (udhaar) from all friends/relatives amounting to $100,000 and now in deep ****.

I know somebody whose IPhone has got wet and was replaced with a new one. They sent the other one to India but since it was locked, it did not work out. Cheap trick failed very very badly!!!:phehe:

Have heard a lot about those fake phone/skype lip sync interviews. It is really, really sad to see people can stoop to so low levels for money/settlement. 

14 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

I know one telugu guy who did that and have taken lot of loans (udhaar) from all friends/relatives amounting to $100,000 and now in deep ****.

I know somebody whose IPhone has got wet and was replaced with a new one. They sent the other one to India but since it was locked, it did not work out. Cheap trick failed very very badly!!!:phehe:

Have heard a lot about those fake phone/skype lip sync interviews. It is really, really sad to see people can stoop to so low levels for money/settlement. 

They charge 500$ for one proxy interview. Hope American companies tighten their process before hiring people. Face to face interview is a must.

32 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

They charge 500$ for one proxy interview. Hope American companies tighten their process before hiring people. Face to face interview is a must.

Big yes. Never liked phone/skype interviews.

40 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

The entire system is fked up... many years back  one of my friend’s roommate was a recent pass out..... he had his vendor  put up fake experience as 8 years as an oracle dba to market his resume and this guy was hardly 23 at best and looked 16.

the hiring manager of a reputable Indian consulting firm  checked for 2 things

a) if he can communicate and bs his way through the client  meetings and

b)if he atleast knew the basics

he told him “ I know your bs, so just put your head down and don’t get yourself into crap”

The reasoning I believe was that since he would be on c2c through his firm and since the client was ok with  his profile he could somehow “manage” this guy because he would be billable.

it is the Indian government system of the 80s here.... everyone is fked up.

the end client more often than not cares for budget and timelines more than ethics... this is why people who exploit do it.

Edited by maniac

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

The entire system is fked up... many years back  one of my friend’s roommate was a recent pass out..... he had his vendor  put up fake experience as 8 years as an oracle dba to market his resume and this guy was hardly 23 at best and looked 16.

the hiring manager of a reputable Indian consulting firm  checked for 2 things

a) if he can communicate and bs his way through the client  meetings and

b)if he atleast knew the basics

he told him “ I know your bs, so just put your head down and don’t get yourself into crap”

The reasoning I believe was that since he would be on c2c through his firm and since the client was ok with  his profile he could somehow “manage” this guy because he would be billable.

it is the Indian government system of the 80s here.... everyone is fked up.

the end client more often than not cares for budget and timelines more than ethics... this is why people who exploit do it.

People who get affected are Americans and Qualified fellow Indians. Indians who does the job  interview are guilty of nepotism. Hiring friends, wife of friend, sister of friend none of them with any qualification. Once they hire them they dump the job on the other team members. One guy complained about it to HR. HR removed that guy as manager and sent those contractors away. Blatant exploitation of lenient laws have led to this chaos. What has happened now is, when someone who has been in for 15 years and wait for GC apply H1B extension they scrutinize him like he is a fresher. That is the new rule now. So many guys got their H1b denied at the last moment which led to cancellation of their GC processing.  Some H1B guys are so happy especially bachelors after they announced about revoking of H4 EAD where spouses can work on H4. It has become a survival of the fittest scenario. Many unable to face uncertainty left US and moved to Canada.

Edited by vvvslaxman

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

People who get affected are Americans and Qualified fellow Indians. Indians who does the job  interview are guilty of nepotism. Hiring friends, wife of friend, sister of friend none of them with any qualification. Once they hire them they dump the job on the other team members. One guy complained about it to HR. HR removed that guy as manager and sent those contractors away. Blatant exploitation of lenient laws have led to this chaos. What has happened now is, when someone who has been in for 15 years and wait for GC apply H1B extension they scrutinize him like he is a fresher. That is the new rule now. So many guys got their H1b denied at the last moment which led to cancellation of their GC processing.  Some H1B guys are so happy especially bachelors after they announced about revoking of H4 EAD where spouses can work on H4. It has become a survival of the fittest scenario. Many unable to face uncertainty left US and moved to Canada.

If they are truly skilled, Canada will get benefit at america’s ExPense. Many fake their resumes and lie openly during interviews. What I am concerned about is those guys/girls coming to America for masters and Phds and getting sent back. America loses out in this case

1 minute ago, FischerTal said:

If they are truly skilled, Canada will get benefit at america’s ExPense. Many fake their resumes and lie openly during interviews. What I am concerned about is those guys/girls coming to America for masters and Phds and getting sent back. America loses out in this case

Yes that is definitely a blow. But don't think this administration cares about it. Indians contribute a lot to America unlike other immigrants. Everyone is affected because of these bad apples. Already OPT candidates are rejected by companies

This doesn’t look like immigration issues thread more like bash Telugu people thread. Op if you really cared about immigration in US you should have done that in 2008 when Obama administration rejected lot of applications. Of course you wanted to vote Hilary Clinton who has most baggage of all politicians who bullzoded her own party candidate with fake majority. 

On 5/4/2018 at 2:11 AM, vvvslaxman said:

I can a write a book on Telugu guys , kind of scams I have  seen them do ( some of them very close friends ) started to admire them now .

Will share one . This guy in one of the Indian mncs , was already in a project for few months , gets a long term onsite opportunity to UK through his network but his manager wasn't ready to release him . This is normal , happens all the time and there is nothing much anyone can do  Guess what he does ? Resigns from the company , has to serve his notice period which he does ..almost . His manager releases him from the project three days before  his last day , now that he's out ..with the help of resource manager and hr takes his resignation back and gets himself deployed in the onsite project .  Can you imagine pulling off something like this ?

I can a write a book on Telugu guys , kind of scams I have  seen them do ( some of them very close friends ) started to admire them now .

Will share one . This guy in one of the Indian mncs , was already in a project for few months , gets a long term onsite opportunity to UK through his network but his manager wasn't ready to release him . This is normal , happens all the time and there is nothing much anyone can do  Guess what he does ? Resigns from the company , has to serve his notice period which he does ..almost . His manager releases him from the project three days before  his last day , now that he's out ..with the help of resource manager and hr takes his resignation back and gets himself deployed in the onsite project .  Can you imagine pulling off something like this ?
He took a risk. If they didnot allow him to take the resignation back he would be out of the job. Also he was released by the manager as he was quitting the job. If the manager wanted, post the withdrawl of resignation he could have asked him to rejoin the project or created hurdles for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk