Immigration crackdown in US

vvvslaxman

42 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

He took a risk. If they didnot allow him to take the resignation back he would be out of the job. Also he was released by the manager as he was quitting the job. If the manager wanted, post the withdrawl of resignation he could have asked him to rejoin the project or created hurdles for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah it was a risk , but it was planned well . In some companies , especially services ones managers tend to release you once they get a replacement . Once they release , the employee goes on bench/pool and I believe the resignation withdrawal will go to the resource manager and that's what he was banking on . 

On 5/4/2018 at 2:11 AM, vvvslaxman said:

But lot of Tamils do return home. They prefer going back.

reason is tamil brothers get homesick pretty soon in western countries and want to return to familiar conditions. in south east asia, most of them are blue collared labour and they dont have much choices anyway. even in national colleges like iit, iim and nit outside tamil nadu, the first regional group and mostly the only group to have a problem with food are thambis...

one thing we have to appreciate golts are their risk apetite .. they may seem reckless but few will succeed

in bangalore majority of the tier 3 builders are golts ( mostly reddys ) ..

these group took risks when they were well settled ( like IT guys who was earning 15L in 2002/2003 )  and other community wont take anymore risks from there.

these guys are worth 100/150 crores because of building boom and their colleagues might be earning 50/55L per year now

1 minute ago, velu said:

one thing we have to appreciate golts are their risk apetite .. they may seem reckless but few will succeed

these group took risks when they were well settled ( like IT guys who was earning 15L in 2002/2003 )  and other community wont take anymore risks from there.

these guys are worth 100/150 crores because of building boom and their colleagues might be earning 50/55L per year now

I never knew they were gambling addicts like these chinese. They are ultra reckless. One guy was telling he wanted to pay his  student loan by gambling He lost over 15000 in gambling. I asked him why the  hell you lose so much money in gambling. He said we are money minded. Then the famous case Raghunandan yandamuri who lost over 35000$ in gambling ended up kidnapping (aciddentally killing)  baby of his friend , his mom now facing death sentence.

Remember few years back Homeland security trapped so many guys with a fake university.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/many-telugus-figure-in-us-fake-varsity-scam/article8442548.ece

2 hours ago, velu said:

true, gambling is the negative side of telugu people...

on the positive side, many telugu people especially from kamma, reddy caste are risk takers in business ventures..

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

Skilled labor is the easy target, there are hardly any of them, not enough to make a large voting chunk, and most are from different countries. Little action has been taken on unskilled, illegal immigration, which is what Agent Orange was partly elected for.

Drumpf should quit pestering productive immigrants and use his "great negotiating skills" to shut down illegal immigration, which is what is overburdening the US.

btw mods

can we make similar threads on other regional people - about gross generalizations based on a small sample of whatever we saw in our lives so far? (innocent question) :D

ofcourse we will give a statutory warning saying that "Please dont feel bad, we dont mean everyone, but actually most of you"... :D :giggle:

2 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

btw mods

can we make similar threads on other regional people - about gross generalizations based on a small sample of whatever we saw in our lives so far? (innocent question) :D

ofcourse we will give a statutory warning saying that "Please dont feel bad, we dont mean everyone, but actually most of you"... :D :giggle:

Sure. But I think a lot of points make sense here and are in supportive of good telugu ppl like you. Because of those average ppl (who are in majority), someone like you do not get the respect/recognition as you deserve. Because ultimately, ppl back home only look at the final dollar amount and not the way they are made. You are well qualified, worked hard to get your degrees and job and made good investments and yet the total you save might appear to your parents than some relative of yours who is a fraud as described in this thread. 

Hope you understood the point!!!

4 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

btw mods

It is not generalization. And it is not small. You know it. Come on dude. The whole reason immigration crackdown that is happening now was because of bad apples that we are discussing about. It brings nothing but bad name for the actually hard working guys. Even Telugus (good ones) agree that is the case.  

14 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

bad news for resume faking telugus.....

I have elaborately discussed with them about this. I asked this guy who got selected through proxy interview "Are you not scared you will get caught at the work place". He replied "It will take about 5 or 6 months before they find out.  can move on to next company". There is no concept of blacklisting in US like in India. They keep jumping from one company to another. 

58 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I have elaborately discussed with them about this. I asked this guy who got selected through proxy interview "Are you not scared you will get caught at the work place". He replied "It will take about 5 or 6 months before they find out.  can move on to next company". There is no concept of blacklisting in US like in India. They keep jumping from one company to another. 

telugus only bring disrepute to india in usa by  their fake resumes and funny accents

The biggest fraud is committed by companies like CTS(tamiz), TCS and infosys(kannada). These guys are reason are the reason people in US hate h1b. They overflood market with cheap resources ang apply geen cards for L1 folks and cause huge backup for eb2 and eb3. Obama admin almost gave EAD for people in line for decades EADS but these stupid companies lobby against the rule and watered it down. Another bills I advocated are hr 213 and hr 392 this allows first come first serve for green card applicants but again these companies lobbied against and killed these bills. Then you have hypocrites like @vvslaxman come and mud sling Telugu guys. The poor students in US universities have to compete against the fraud companies like infosys, cts no woder they put bad resumes. @vvslaxman do you still work for witches companies ?

Edited by gattaca

6 hours ago, gattaca said:

The biggest fraud is committed by companies like CTS(tamiz), TCS and infosys(kannada). These guys are reason are the reason people in US hate h1b. They overflood market with cheap resources ang apply geen cards for L1 folks and cause huge backup for eb2 and eb3. Obama admin almost gave EAD for people in line for decades EADS but these stupid companies lobby against the rule and watered it down. Another bills I advocated are hr 213 and hr 392 this allows first come first serve for green card applicants but again these companies lobbied against and killed these bills. Then you have hypocrites like @vvslaxman come and mud sling Telugu guys. The poor students in US universities have to compete against the fraud companies like infosys, cts no woder they put bad resumes. @vvslaxman do you still work for witches companies ?

you done need to get offended because thread is against your fellow golts..

there is no denying that most of the H1B applicants through cts , infy , tcs etc are there to replace 100/120k jobs with 65k indian resources..

infact whole indian IT sector benefitted and i dont think your satyam did any different :p:

but you cant deny resume and experience fudging by golts.. 

1 hour ago, velu said:

you done need to get offended because thread is against your fellow golts..

there is no denying that most of the H1B applicants through cts , infy , tcs etc are there to replace 100/120k jobs with 65k indian resources..

infact whole indian IT sector benefitted and i dont think your satyam did any different :p:

but you cant deny resume and experience fudging by golts.. 

65 k is myth. They hire L and B visas as well. Did you read the part I explained why it changed ? Why people started doing that  ? People out of college used to get jobs easily and companies used to train them but once these companies started flooding the market with cheap resources they are no longer hiring out of college people. The supply is too high in US market. I worked on two bills for immigration in US congress both are killed by lobbying by these companies. The immigration bills will turn per country quota 7% to first come first serve. We got cosponsrship from local congress rep and senators as well the current bill has more than 300 consponsers that’s more than 3/4 majority. But stuck because of lobbying by these groups.

Edited by gattaca

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

65 k is myth. They hire L and B visas as well. Did you read the part I explained why it changed ? Why people started doing that  ? People out of college used to get jobs easily and companies used to train them but once these companies started flooding the market with cheap resources they are no longer hiring out of college people. The supply is too high in US market. I worked on two bills for immigration in US congress both are killed by lobbying by these companies. The immigration bills will turn per country quota 7% to first come first serve. We got cosponsrship from local congress rep and senators as well the current bill has more than 300 consponsers that’s more than 3/4 majority. But stuck because of lobbying by these groups.

There are 2 kinds of issues. As you mentioned there is definitely issue with these companies flooding cheap resources who are directly competing with fresh graduates from universities in US. I think its a fair game as long as done legally.

Second issues, all the cheaters who fake their resumes and degrees. One cannot be excuse for the other. I am sure many would be doing this, not just from particular state or country. But I have suffered so much because this. My experience is if you dont support the guy who has faked his resume/degree then he will start working against you. In early 2000s, one such guy got me out of a project because the middle man (some relation) was from AP.

I was leading a team of 14, all except 1 were from India. 1 girl was from canada and she was canadian local. This guy passed engineering 2 years ago with 6 years experience. Same as mine. This guy absolutely had no clue what we were doing, he wasnt contributing, he couldnt complete his work and every time boss asked, he would say that he is waiting on me to clear some doubt. In the end, i would end-up completing his work, explaining him basics but he wouldnt care. One week, i finished his work on Friday and then started working on my part and i got delayed which i completed by sitting over the weekend. Next Monday the middle man company asked to raise this guy's rate. My boss was really upset on me. He was not happy with his performance and now company was asking to raise his rate. They gave an excuse that this guy completed his work even before project lead (me) did. So thats why he deserves better rate. My boss said he was upset because they were asking more money for this idiot and it was even more than my rate. When I learnt i got furious and told my boss that there is no reason to give raise to this guy alone. This got the middle man annoyed and he decided to pull me out of the project. The client was pissed off that the project lead was taken out so he cancelled the entire project and all 14 people was out of project. This is 100% true and because i lost the project, my company ended up cancelling my H1B, I was without job for 7-8 mos and right then the 9-11 happened. This company tried to place me again but at the salary which was almost half of my regular salary back then. He thought that he would teach me a lesson. I told those idiots that they shouldnt ever call me again. Never ever worked with Indian company ever again.

There are few more experiences like this. Even today i support some slackers but now all I try to do is help them out as they are part of the pool. This issue of fake degree/experience is very much real. Please dont support those who cheat, doesnt matter where they come from.