[POLL] Is Parthiv Patel the worst cricketer ever to wear India cap?

Is Pappu the worst ever Indian cricketer?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pappu the worst ever Indian cricketer?

• Yes, he is the biggest mug to wear India jersey
    • No, he is actually not that bad
    • He is one among a dozen or so players who can legitimately qualify to be called worst

1 minute ago, Smith2Bancroft said:

I reckon we will still beat India without those three even though two are all time greats. Your batters won’t be able to handle our pace on pitches which aren’t doctored and we still got the GOAT spinner lyon

Ha ha pls friend, India number 1 batters we dominate t20 all over world. Starc Cummins Hazlewood not fast enough to intimidate India batters. King Virat average 100 for series India win 4-0.

20 minutes ago, BreiceRude said:

Ha ha pls friend, India number 1 batters we dominate t20 all over world. Starc Cummins Hazlewood not fast enough to intimidate India batters. King Virat average 100 for series India win 4-0.

Virat averaged single figures last series against aussies. Will be lucky to pass 100 runs for the whole series

Let us be serious for a moment friends and reminisce back to Viart's last series against the Australians. He well and truly spilt his masala all over the place; not even my favourite lackeywallah could clean up that mess. Actually such was Virat's state that he dropped from the last test himself 

1 minute ago, Inside my Jamshed said:

Let us be serious for a moment friends and reminisce back to Viart's last series against the Australians. He well and truly spilt his masala all over the place; not even my favourite lackeywallah could clean up that mess. Actually such was Virat's state that he dropped from the last test himself 

You are obvious troll, I report you you do not speak like that about great king Virat. Great King Virat better batter than Bradman. Get away from our forum troll.

Pappu is not the only one who sucks. The two Sharmas suck. My thumb rule is if anyone has the last name Sharma, they shouldn't be selected. venky Prasad was not only a crap bowler, he also served as a bowling coach and what I believe made Ishant worse than what he actually was. There are several lalloos who played in the past. It could be a long list.

PS - Venky performed well against Pak and had a lot of 5 wicket hauls against them. That speaks more (or less) of Pak batting :phehe: than Venkys bowling

Edited by Garuda
6 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Yeah I remember I Siddique he bowled a spell at 120 to 124 k n was such a sad sight, obviously was some kind of a deal, one game in India colors, he was a big wkt taker but never given a chance until he was very old so I dunno how he was at his peak but doesn't seem like he was club class even

I played 2 years with Iqbal in the UK ..he is classified as medium fast , I think it was slow medium 

Let's says us his team mates were very surprised when he was selected 

3 hours ago, Lala said:

Patel is better wicket keepr/batsman than Nayan Mongia :cantstop:

Don't think you followed much cricket in 90s because Mongia was one of the greatest pure keepers of all time. Before Saha Mongia had the best glove work among Indians, especially against spinners (Kumble was very tough to keep on 4th/5th day Indian pitches) he was something else. Overall he was as good as Latif and slightly behind Healy, but the Pakistani and Aussie were the best against quicks. Even with the bat he has a match winning 150 against Mcgrath-Warne. Please don't compare his ability with that of waste of sperm Parthiv Patel. 

Edited by Gollum
4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Don't think you followed much cricket in 90s because Mongia was one of the greatest pure keepers of all time. Before Saha Mongia had the best glove work among Indians, especially against spinners (Kumble was very tough to keep on 4th/5th day Indian pitches) he was something else. Overall he was as good as Latif and slightly behind Healy, but the Pakistani and Aussie were the best against quicks. Even with the bat he has a match winning 150 against Mcgrath-Warne. Please don't compare his ability with that of waste of sperm Parthiv Patel. 

I just compared their averages. Parthiv's averages are slightly high. :cantstop:

3 minutes ago, Lala said:

I just compared their averages. Parthiv's averages are slightly high. :cantstop:

Yeah that's because batting in 90s was tougher, Aravinda De Silva averages lesser than Samaraweera but we know who's better. 

On 5/5/2018 at 10:57 AM, Gollum said:

He is the single biggest source of my cricket related nightmares. I saw him cost us a historic series win against that ATG Aussie side in 2003-04. Again earlier this year he cost us a series win in South Africa. He hasn't improved one bit in these 15 odd years. We got lucky against our then nemesis England in 2016 because others stepped up big time to compensate for PP's lousiness behind the stumps, remember how he would miss 4-5 chances every match thus throwing our bowlers off momentum. I rarely follow IPL matches but today being a Saturday sat down to watch the game and that was a trainwreck performance by the RCB keeper, a simple run out chance miss because the retard couldn't gather the ball and a dolly drop. How can you mess up twice in a 20 over innings? Come to think of it, when was the last time he kept an entire match without fluffing chances? PP dropped as many catches in 1 test match (Cape Town) that Saha dropped in his previous 17 completed test matches. Ofc Saha is the greatest Indian keeper of all time so not fair to compare him with riff-raff, but I am pretty sure that all our keepers I have watched since my initiation into cricketing fandom (Mongia, Dahiya, Dighe, Dasgupta, Ratra, Dhoni, Karthik) are miles better than this piece of *. In fact I can also confidently state that his only competition Kamran Akmal too is a better keeper.

The more pressing issue is the myth about his supposedly world class batting. In fact that is the metric Pappu lovers and Saha haters push to justify his inclusion into Team India. Take a look at the stats for yourselves, 65 international matches overall and not a single 100. Average of 31 in tests, 23 in ODIs (SR 76) and 18 in T20s (SR 112). Let us narrow the focus to tests because his ODI/T20 inclusion isn't a threat thanks to Don Cool. But selectors and team management somehow feel he can be a test option.The zero 100s column is even more LOLworthy because he has batted at the top of the order on numerous occasions. Saha has 3 100s ( 1 outside Asia), Karthik 1, Dhoni 6...FFS even Ajay Ratra and Deep Dasgupta have 100s against WI and Eng respectively and both those guys played single digit no of test matches. The useless PP has already played 25 test matches, many of those on featherbeds yet didn't exactly set the stage on fire. His fanboys can harp about his 60 runs in a 700 wallah patta in Sydney (2004) and a few other 50s here and there, all on pattas btw. But is that enough?

I can confidently state that he has scored 900 odd runs in test cricket but must have cost the team more via his disgraceful keeping. Even assuming roughly 3 drops per test (being very kind here) he must have given around 75 lives to opponents thus costing us in excess of 900 runs. In 2003-04 Aus his keeping cost us 100s of runs, in SA this year about 140 runs on a low scoring pitch...both marquee tours bungled because of this guy. All in all his contribution has been a net negative, probably the only player I can say has been an overall negative for his team. Even if we find a keeper who won't score a single run his whole life but take 95% of his catches, that will be a gigantic upgrade over PP.

My vote- Yes, he is the worst ever.

pp.jpg

What are Dinesh Karthik's Test numbers like?