Captaincy is Tested more in Franchise Cricket Then Internationals

All the plotting and planning before the game, tactics, team selection
& managing the individuals from different parts of the world demands
high level of skill and shrewd thinking as captain in franchise cricket..

Virat kohli Rcb failing for so long is prime example of that as T-20s need
proactive thinking ..Virat kohli is great batsmen but always been an avg 
captain..

When he plays for India , he has dhoni , rohit all along side him to help him 
out , so flaws of kohli as a captain gets hidden..

Ipl to be frank is a lot about captains...

Kohli is a fantastic test captain on field....behind the scenes things like squad selection,grooming youngsters  etc debatable but his train wreck changes and niggled method is more entertaining than “well of course,we are playing the same team mule method”....but just like so many mercurial players have doubts about his ability in grooming youngsters...he himself is young so will give him time.

In Odis  he is bad very very bad....this is coming from me one of Dhoni’s harshest critics on this forum but I personally think on field Dhoni is a way better odi captain and looks far more assured....Kohli seems absent half the time rather and appears only  playing to the camera....we won’t know what Kohli is made of till Dhoni retires,I was really impressed when he led the team in a couple of series a few years back when Dhoni was rested but he seems over dependent and that itself is a red flag of his leadership abilities...also fielding at deep midwicket while a running joke is really something we have to be worried about. Team selections etc are obviously poor and that has been an ongoing problem.

In T20s his  methods are outdated...in internationals Dhoni who is the default LOI captain has been a decade too late and poor anyways but based on what we see in IPL,he doesn’t seem to think fast on his feet under pressure...stark contrast to Kohli the batsman.

Overall pains to say that he is a mediocre captain...While his test captaincy on field is a refreshing change from the dark ages of Dhoni era, his LOI captaincy is piss poor period....just because there is dislike for Dhoni there is no need to automatically cheer lead for Kohli and at the same time just because he might be the 2nd favorite Indian cricketer in the last 25 years doesn’t make him a great leader...Yes Sachin was an average captain but in his case criticized more than he deserved 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Kohli is a fantastic test captain on field....behind the scenes things like squad selection,grooming youngsters  etc debatable but his train wreck changes and niggled method is more entertaining than “well of course,we are playing the same team mule method”....but just like so many mercurial players have doubts about his ability in grooming youngsters...he himself is young so will give him time.

In Odis  he is bad very very bad....this is coming from me one of Dhoni’s harshest critics on this forum but I personally think on field Dhoni is a way better odi captain and looks far more assured....Kohli seems absent half the time rather and appears only  playing to the camera....we won’t know what Kohli is made of till Dhoni retires,I was really impressed when he led the team in a couple of series a few years back when Dhoni was rested but he seems over dependent and that itself is a red flag of his leadership abilities...also fielding at deep midwicket while a running joke is really something we have to be worried about. Team selections etc are obviously poor and that has been an ongoing problem.

In T20s his  methods are outdated...in internationals Dhoni who is the default LOI captain has been a decade too late and poor anyways but based on what we see in IPL,he doesn’t seem to think fast on his feet under pressure...stark contrast to Kohli the batsman.

Overall pains to say that he is a mediocre captain...While his test captaincy on field is a refreshing change from the dark ages of Dhoni era, his LOI captaincy is piss poor period....just because there is dislike for Dhoni there is no need to automatically cheer lead for Kohli and at the same time just because he might be the 2nd favorite Indian cricketer in the last 25 years doesn’t make him a great leader...Yes Sachin was an average captain but in his case criticized more than he deserved 

This. The craziest cricket fans on the planet deserve an upgrade in terms of Captaincy and not a downgrade. Dhoni in his last few years was a poor captain no doubt but Kohli seems even worse than the stagnated captain in LOIs.

It can be, at the same time it's not.

You still have access to a massive support team.

During yesterdays match (DD v SRH) Sriram was being interviewed and he mentioned Ponting gave Shreyas the bowling order for the middle period, so gives Shreyas less to think about. 

So while it may seem the captain's got a lot to do. There is still that support team available to you, with regular breaks to update yourself on tactics

Either way. Virat has been killing for India, you can hate all you want.

It all comes down to motivation. I think with RCB he has fake motivation lol. His fake celebration, excitement after each wicket is funny to watch. Having said that he is not exactly the sharpest guy when it comes to team selection. He seeks counsel from Dhoni in ODI. In T20 Rohit looks better than him as a captain. Rohit tries to stay in the game more than Kohli. In Tests you can do things like clock work as you have a bit of time to correct your dumb calls. He is seriously passionate about win. I'll give him that. But often times his horrible team selection let him down.