KLR took his game to next level?

I know this post is based on performance on a IPL match and this post technically should be made in IPL forum. But this is for general discussion and i thought i will post it here.

I haven't seen the complete match yesterday. I have only seen the highlights. I got the feeling that he has taken it upon himself to win the match for KXIP and that shows lots of maturity. It doesn't happen that easily. Virat and dhoni has mastered this art and hence such accolades to them. 

I got the feeling that he was playing freely right from ball 1. But once gayle's wicket fell down, he kind of played within himself and exploded full scale in last 4 overs. If this is true, then this is a very very good sign and nobody can stop him playing for India. Forget about mumbai lobby but even Virat himself cannot stop him.

Edited by gakgupta

Hes done this in international cricket against Australia , that whole series he clearly looked a class above every one in the team including virat . It's in these tough situations a player should be judged and any one who knows little about cricket could tell this guy was special and should be persisted , but instead we did everything to destroy his career . Dhawan playing over him in SA , along with Rohit playing over Rahane and playing over pujara in WI , has to be three biggest goofups (to put it mildly ) I have seen wrt selections .

It's a shame that he needed these IPL knocks to come back into contention .

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

His IPL innings of 84 not out could be a turning point in his ODI and T20 career.

He always had amazing talent but assuming responsibility and staying till the end in the shorter format is something new.

May make him change his approach a bit from now on and make him a LOI matchwinner.

It's funny that his temparnent is questioned , yeah he does get himself out most times ..but all through from u19 days he was known for scoring big hundreds , being in and out of the Indian team hes still one of the few bats to score a hundred in all 3 formats . Offcoure if you keep dropping him after playing well he will always be on the edge when he comes to bat .

He took his game to the next level against Australia in 2017, one of the greatest ever batting shows by an Indian batsman in a complete test series. His 90+51 on the Bengaluru bunsen when we were on the brink of 0-2 must rank as the standout test performance by an Indian batsman this decade. No one in this team including Kohli has the ceiling of KLR, KLR is the greatest raw talent I have ever seen since I gained some understanding about this great game (2001). I hate Kohli for sidelining such a bright prospect just because of pettiness and insecurity. Under a better team management he would already have established himself as the world's best batsman in all 3 formats, instead none of us knows whether he is going to play the Edgbaston test ahead of Dhawan/Rohit/Pujara/Karthik or the next T20/ODI series ahead of Iyer/Pandey/Jadhav/Raina/Karthik/Shankar.

Edited by Gollum
44 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Lol, rahul is massively overrated. he can play a lot of shots but doesn't have a defense. It's why he gets clean bowled/lbw far too often and plays away from the body.

He'll never be a consistently good test player.

You southies need to stop glorifying your shitty players and show some objectivity. Ayyo ayyo, enna rascala.

I am not Southie, Karnataka has produced some great players and Rahul is just another one in line. If you think Rahul is a shitty player you need to re evaluate your choice of following cricket. Which state are you from?

2 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Why are you threatened by a different opinion?

Judging by your posts, you are strangely biased in favor of south indian mediocrity, and your obsession with making Rahul look like a victim is difficult to rationalize. Its a trend i have noticed, you lay the same dogshit every week.

KLR is my favorite young player and he has been a victim for the last year or so, many on this forum share this opinion. And where do you see me hyping Iyer, Shankar, Rayudu, Uthappa, Binny, Vinay etc? Those guys are the definition of mediocrity. KLR isn't mediocre by any stretch of imagination. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

He took his game to the next level against Australia in 2017, one of the greatest ever batting shows by an Indian batsman in a complete test series. His twin 90s on the Bengaluru bunsen when we were on the brink of 0-2 must rank as the standout test performance by an Indian batsman this decade. No one in this team including Kohli has the ceiling of KLR, KLR is the greatest raw talent I have ever seen since I gained some understanding about this great game (2001). I hate Kohli for sidelining such a bright prospect just because of pettiness and insecurity. Under a better team management he would already have established himself as the world's best batsman in all 3 formats, instead none of us knows whether he is going to play the Edgbaston test ahead of Dhawan/Rohit/Pujara/Karthik or the next T20/ODI series ahead of Iyer/Pandey/Jadhav/Raina/Karthik/Shankar.

Minor correction. He scored 50-odd in the 2nd innings with Pujara getting 92. KLR got 90 odd in the 1st dig in a sub-200 score.

Lol, rahul is massively overrated. he can play a lot of shots but doesn't have a defense. It's why he gets clean bowled/lbw far too often and plays away from the body.

He'll never be a consistently good test player.

You southies need to stop glorifying your shitty players and show some objectivity. Ayyo ayyo, enna rascala.
Which state are you from that makes you feel so superior?

What do you think about below players ?
Azharuddin
Laxman
Dravid
Kumble
Srinath
G. Vishwanath
And many more

Btw, they are all from south

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Only in ODIs, both Rohit and Dhawan have got merits to play ahead of Rahul. In other 2 formats, he is miles ahead of these two and there's just no comparison. 

In ODIs, Rahul is comfortably better than Rahane, who we have seen in playing X1 over Rahul many a times. 

In Test, he is our top 3 batsmen.

In T20s, there is no question that he's our top T20 batsman. 

If selectors have any semblance of shame, he will atleast feature in Test and T20 squads for Eng tour. 

Edited by Lannister
15 hours ago, jusarrived said:

It's funny that his temparnent is questioned , yeah he does get himself out most times ..but all through from u19 days he was known for scoring big hundreds , being in and out of the Indian team hes still one of the few bats to score a hundred in all 3 formats . Offcoure if you keep dropping him after playing well he will always be on the edge when he comes to bat .

Everyone matures with time. Happens in cricket and happens in normal life.

It happened to Tendulkar, Dravid , Dhoni and Kohli.  Now, it maybe happening to Rahul and that was the point I was making.

Getting dropped unfairly has obviously hampered his progress ... but it will be wonderful if he can get his confidence back via a great IPL.

Edited by express bowling